Steelers LB Porter is missing camp with a knee injury | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers LB Porter is missing camp with a knee injury

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
t wasn't just that Joey Porter, despite missing most of training camp with arthroscopic knee surgery, led all NFL linebackers in sacks last season with 10 1/2, a career high. By the end of the season, and during the team's improbable run to the Super Bowl, Porter might have been the most dominating defensive player in the league.

To be sure, Porter wasn't planning on trying to replicate what happened last season, at least, not the part about missing training camp with a knee injury.
But there he is, standing on the sideline in T-shirt and workout shorts, watching his teammates practice at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe while he rehabilitates his other knee. The only frustration for Porter, a Pro Bowl linebacker, is that his absence from camp could have been avoided if his injury were detected earlier.

As it was, Porter had surgery on his right knee in May, shortly after reporting for the team's offseason coaching sessions. An MRI detected some loose particles in his knee, which was bothering him during his offseason workouts.
"If I would have known earlier, everything would have been handled earlier," Porter said yesterday after practice. "I wouldn't have waited till then. I would have had surgery in February and hopefully be ready in April or May."

Actually, Porter said he injured his right knee during the Sept. 25 game against New England, but it never bothered him enough during the remainder of the season to keep him from playing.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/06214/710326-66.stm

This guy is so obnoxious. Even Steelers fans will admit it. The only time I liked this guy was when he was pwn'ing Peyton Manning in that playoff game.

Still good luck to him and hope he gets better.

Back
Top Bottom