Steelers offering Gildon and #11 pick for Charger's # 1. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers offering Gildon and #11 pick for Charger's # 1.

SkapePhin

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I heard this on another forum stating that its allover Pitt sports radio.

Looks like they want Eli or Ben. Also, Arizona offered a player and the 3rd pick, but SD refused. They are considering taking the Steelers deal if they offer more..

Package Ogun our 1st this and next year. Or better yet get a #1 and #3 for them and trade the lot for the pick. Beat them to the punch. Obviously SD wants to moove.

That's funny that you mention this SkapePhin, as I have in my personal mock draft that Pittsburgh trades picks with the Chargers. My entire 1st round draft mock draft should be posted on the site sometime this week.

Gildon is just going to be a cap casualty. Why would San Diego accept his expensive contract and that much of a drop down.

Originally posted by dreadlockera
Package Ogun our 1st this and next year. Or better yet get a #1 and #3 for them and trade the lot for the pick. Beat them to the punch. Obviously SD wants to moove.

You can't do that! Ogun has to actually sign a contract before he can be traded to anyone and, at the moment, the guy's not under any sort of contractual obligation to anyone. Besides, the Chargers would get absolutely hammered in the press and by their fans if they pulled a move like that. I know, I live near SD and most people are already pissed that they're going to give away another franchise QB; if they did so for the 20th pick and a DE (no matter how good that DE is) they would be committing fan-base suicide.

Originally posted by Jaj
Gildon is just going to be a cap casualty. Why would San Diego accept his expensive contract and that much of a drop down.

Because these are the same people who think that Plax is enough to bridge the gap between the #11 and #1 pick. The value of SD's pick is huge this year since the team who gets it will have their choice of two potential franchise QBs.

Originally posted by Cranx

You can't do that! Ogun has to actually sign a contract before he can be traded to anyone and, at the moment, the guy's not under any sort of contractual obligation to anyone.

That's not true. We still own his rights. We can trade him to whoever of course the team he was traded too would have to be assured that he'd sign the tender or sign a contract. There have been many restricted free agents traded over the years.

Back
Top Bottom