Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 20 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

I’d agree if I didn’t see the 2 plays that went the Steelers way. The int I could see going ether way, but I would have to say it was incomplete. But that one completion was one of the worst calls I’ve seen this year. If I didn’t know better I’d would of thought it was a pre season game with all penalties in the game.
The Curtain does get a lot of calls and non callls similar to the Pats

This may sound like sacrilege...but this is the most fun Dolphins season in recent memory for me. Why, you ask?

I'm used to the Dolphins being a middling 7-9 team that misses the playoffs. What that amounts to is a whole lotta spending the season rooting against other teams for tiebreaker scenarios only to be inevitably let down when the Dolphins shoot themselves in the foot and miss the playoffs anyways.

THIS year though, I get to do my usual rooting against other teams thing but the Dolphins sucking is INTENTIONAL and WELCOMED! Even better, at the end of the rainbow instead of a depressing playoff miss and low draft pick, we GET STUFF. A whole lot of stuff!

Sorry, this is all very obvious, but it just seems kinda strange to be as happy as I am while this team is this bad. It's just that this team is finally capitalizing on what it does so well: sucking. As a diehard fan, it's oddly fun that the team is taking advantage of its "strengths" in this way.

This may sound like sacrilege...but this is the most fun Dolphins season in recent memory for me. Why, you ask?

I'm used to the Dolphins being a middling 7-9 team that misses the playoffs. What that amounts to is a whole lotta spending the season rooting against other teams for tiebreaker scenarios only to be inevitably let down when the Dolphins shoot themselves in the foot and miss the playoffs anyways.

THIS year though, I get to do my usual rooting against other teams thing but the Dolphins sucking is INTENTIONAL and WELCOMED! Even better, at the end of the rainbow instead of a depressing playoff miss and low draft pick, we GET STUFF. A whole lot of stuff!

Sorry, this is all very obvious, but it just seems kinda strange to be as happy as I am while this team is this bad. It's just that this team is finally capitalizing on what it does so well: sucking. As a diehard fan, it's oddly fun that the team is taking advantage of its "strengths" in this way.
Bingo - considering the Pats were walking into the POs yet again but this season may turn our fortunes into Tua and if not another solid QB to roll with

Same here

It clearly is and it's actually quite exciting. I think we're all praying they don't F$%#$% it up! But the fact that we have multiple draft picks and a lot of money brings so many possibilities.

What i find interesting is if they can get 50% of it right( Nail QB position and some draft picks/FA signings) we could theoritically get to where we've been at 4-7 wins after ONE offseason.

What's best the roster would be pretty young, we'd have the most important position under wraps and the following year we'd still have multiple draft picks (TWO 1st rounders including) to improve even more.

I think we will trade down from the Steelers pick. Grab a later first this year, a day 2 pick, and a first next year.

I expect them to try to maneuver our current haul into 3-5 years of multiple day 1 picks

I am 100% in for not chasing 8 win seasons. BUT I still see the Dolphins ****ing this up. I bet the Cardinals **** up their situation too.
I don't know why but I feel like Tua is a player that we will ruin. maybe I do know why, our awful owner

Yeah, but their Oline is top 5. If they stay healthy, they can win 6-7 games. We'll see how it plays out.
They've already lost 4, and they've played 3 of those games at home. I could actually see them losing on the road against the Bengals if Green is healthy and playing.

The Dolphins appear to be just about the only safe game left on their schedule.

It's fun for sure and better than most but I still like Gase's first season. Making the playoffs is better than playing for that 1st pick, even if you get blown out.

I think we will trade down from the Steelers pick. Grab a later first this year, a day 2 pick, and a first next year.

I expect them to try to maneuver our current haul into 3-5 years of multiple day 1 picks

As much as I would love the BPA at that Steelers pick you just can't do it. If you have an opportunity to get a later 1st round pick and add an additional to next years haul (THREE 1st round picks) and something else like a 2nd then you have to do it.

I am 100% in for not chasing 8 win seasons. BUT I still see the Dolphins ****ing this up. I bet the Cardinals **** up their situation too.
I don't know why but I feel like Tua is a player that we will ruin. maybe I do know why, our awful owner

I already know what the Tannehill and others gets us.
I'll willing to try what the multiple draft picks and money brings.

I'll stick to optimism thanks..you can continue to have whatever your drinking..

I can’t help but believe the Steelers GM has buyers remorse.

Their pick will be their first QB worthy pick since Big Ben. And they don’t have it.

Anyone think he wouldn’t do the reverse trade to get his 1st back?

100%

I already know what the Tannehill and others gets us.
I'll willing to try what the multiple draft picks and money brings.

I'll stick to optimism thanks..you can continue to have whatever your drinking..
how does having picks and money make this a slam dunk? I am not sure that
this capital is in the right hands. glad you like our history of success

It's fun for sure and better than most but I still like Gase's first season. Making the playoffs is better than playing for that 1st pick, even if you get blown out.

Making the playoffs after going through a playoff drought is better than playing for that 1st pick but if the options are making the playoffs for many consecutive years knowing you don't have what it takes to match up to the elite teams thus getting bounced in the 1st or 2nd round OR playing for the 1st pick well I choose the latter.

Back
Top Bottom