Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Pick - The Gift That Keeps On Giving

Yeah so I mightve overestimated the Browns. Im not eating crow yet, since the game did not happen yet but man... i'm starting to smell it heat up in the kitchen. We will see.

I'm still assuming the same team that dismantled the Ravens will dismantle the Steelers and help us keep that pick low low low but man... that performance by Cleveland was simply horrible

The Browns are what they are a team of inconsistent egos. They will look great one week and poor the next

The Browns are what they are a team of inconsistent egos. They will look great one week and poor the next
Was never aboard the hype train for the All Pro Front Office assemblage over there.

For all the lofty picks they've accumulated, they are more likely to win the Turning Chicken Salad Into Chicken **** award before making the Super Bowl.

I'm shocked they haven't turned on each other yet.
I guess another coach is going to be fired after this season for that team.

Mayfield needs less time making commercials and more time in the film room.

I find it incredibly hard to fault him on his gameday prep, especially after following him so closely in the draft process. Dude knows his ****. He just seems to be really really buying into the hype, and feels like his guys can make these insane plays to bail him out.

Last nights game had two picks that shouldn't have happened - the bobble by Antonio at the goal line, as well as the Ravens INT that was called a catch but it was actually a trap. But still - shitty decision he made, hoping 5'10 Landry could... uh... outjump 2 guys. Yikes.

That being said, I'd love to have him on our team. I think the Cleveland Browns are incredibly talented, and they're making great choices with their selections for the most part.... but I just think they're poorly controlled/coached. Im not sure.

All Im saying is... if we were able to get the equivalent of Myles Garret and Tua… or Denzel Ward and Tua… out of the 2020 Draft's 1st round... Id feel like Grier killed it. I just know they're a good blueprint for an actual tank (versus lazy people saying Indy Indy Indy… which LOL) so I'm scared seeing them succeed with regards to the picks they made but translating that onto the field is a struggle. It feels like maybe it is their coaching.

edit: Oh **** and there it is. The Andrew Luck comparison. How a team like the colts, who were notorious for trading away tons of high draft picks for trash win now older players, became the poster boy for tanking..

B

But, didn't the Browns "tank" in order to get top picks?

A point I have consistently argued the Browns did a great job for many years of getting draft capital... it's just what you so with it. If you have multiple picks in first round and pretty much until 2 years ago all of the picks were flops you are not doing a good job.

That is a very real issue the Fins face. But also has much as people hate Ross he is not nearly as bad an owner as Jimmy Haslem. But really between the players, the Gm, and the coach Cleveland is nothing but egos. Some talent for sure but egos

My response to everything related to tanking now- and that includes people here who bitch about it, Joe Rose, Armando and Barry, the national media, everyone- is as follows: **** YOU; TUA. That’s it. That’s all I will have to say on the matter to anyone anymore. I’m tired of this being debated as if it’s anything but the right thing to do.

My response to everything related to tanking now- and that includes people here who bitch about it, Joe Rose, Armando and Barry, the national media, everyone- is as follows: **** YOU; TUA. That’s it. That’s all I will have to say on the matter to anyone anymore. I’m tired of this being debated as if it’s anything but the right thing to do.

EH, the only tactic these naysayers have in their arsenal is to point out things that didn't work while ignoring anything that did or might.

I don't believe any one person has argued that the Dolphins FO strategy is foolproof. It certainly isn't. Nothing is ever guaranteed. But the status quo surely hasn't been working, so it makes sense to try something else. That's the point.

But it sure sounds like the naysayers enjoyed the status quo a little too much.

B

But, didn't the Browns "tank" in order to get top picks?

If you're suggesting that having all that talent over there by tanking is some knock against tanking then you're nuts.

EH, the only tactic these naysayers have in their arsenal is to point out things that didn't work while ignoring anything that did or might.

I don't believe any one person has argued that the Dolphins FO strategy is foolproof. It certainly isn't. Nothing is ever guaranteed. But the status quo surely hasn't been working, so it makes sense to try something else. That's the point.

But it sure sounds like the naysayers enjoyed the status quo a little too much.

Ah, a reasonable man. Yes, there are things that didn't work and things that did. No one knows how it will work this time

Back
Top Bottom