Steelers Unable to Close Long-term Deal with Mike Wallace - Preface to a Trade? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steelers Unable to Close Long-term Deal with Mike Wallace - Preface to a Trade?

Tailgun

Generational Poster
Reaction score
According to PFT, all efforts to close a deal for Mike Wallace beyond next season have fallen through. He's sticking to his guns insofar as he wants a 5-year $55 million deal. Is this still an 11th hour option if Pittsburgh believes he'll likely walk next year for nothing? Is this negotiation the Steeler organization putting on a good face for their fans for when the time comes to deal him? Can a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick still be in the cards to bring Miami a true deep threat?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-wallace-negotiating-but-a-deal-is-unlikely/

Im not sure if i'm willing to give up picks for a guy that may not sign long term with us, almost like my other team, the magic with their dwight howard bull****. On top of that, 11 mill is a TON of money.

tumblr_m8cx80c89S1qdmvy8-1.gif

We might be looking at him, but it's in the general nfl forum where he's going...........

I'd do it for a 2nd . . . a third would be insane. The money is big though . . . but Wallace has turned into a complete WR over his tenure and speed kills.

Heres an idea, though may not be legal, what if we can get this guy for say a 2nd and a third, borrow him for one year and then put a first round tender on him next year. Someone would surely give up a first for him, then it would be like us trading a two and a three for a first rounder.

According to PFT, all efforts to close a deal for Mike Wallace beyond next season have fallen through. He's sticking to his guns insofar as he wants a 5-year $55 million deal. Is this still an 11th hour option if Pittsburgh believes he'll likely walk next year for nothing? Is this negotiation the Steeler organization putting on a good face for their fans for when the time comes to deal him? Can a 2nd or even a 3rd round pick still be in the cards to bring Miami a true deep threat?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...e-wallace-negotiating-but-a-deal-is-unlikely/

The Steelers have ZERO reason to trade him right now. They view themselves as a contender. They need him this year. He's signed his tender. Why would they do this? They can trade him after the season.

Be great but one good deal doesn't excuse everything else IMO. IF it happens

The Steelers have ZERO reason to trade him right now. They view themselves as a contender. They need him this year. He's signed his tender. Why would they do this? They can trade him after the season.

no they cant... he will be an unrestricted free agent

He is an unrestricted free agent after this season, which means Pitt would get no compensation when the season ends. Their choice is either trade him now (get something), pay him after this year, or let him walk for NOTHING.

i worte an artical in another thread about Wallace , pitts and the dolphins , as i said before why havent we even called Pitts up about Wallace he will be gone next year from Pittsburge and while we are in need of an elete WR i figured this would be good for Miami and Pittsburge , Miami would get there WR while Pittsburge would atleast get something 2nd and a 3rd , because as i said he will not be with the steelers next year because there not going to be able to afford 2 elete WRs THAT WILL COST AROUND 8-12 MIL A YEAR .

Unfortunately were more than one WR away from contending , I'd wait and get him as a free agent next year,save the 2nd round pick for the draft.

Back
Top Bottom