Stefan Lefors? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stefan Lefors?

CITRONDAN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Alright guys, don't stone me.
I was a big fan of Stefan Lefors this past season, I thought he did a lot for Louisville. I know he wasn't in the toughest conference, but he did end the season with something like 20 touchdown passes vs. 2 pics, and if i'm not mistaken he finished the season ranked 6th in total ranking. So here's the questions:

1. where do you think, if at all, he'll go in the draft
2. will he make an impact in the NFL

(personally I think he'll be picked up in the late rounds and he'll be a pleasant surprise for whoever does pick him up)

1- Dolphins 5th round

2- He'll be the biggest steal of the 2005 draft.

LeFors was killing the Hurricanes..he had the best performance as a QB that I've seen against them in a long long while...and the Hurricanes play a pro-style defense.

1. 5th rd
2. As a backup qb or if he lands in a WCO

His arm stregnth definitely holds him back imo. He absolutely must be in a WCo or some type of short passing offense cause he cannot make downfield throws. However his intelligence will allow him to stick. I think he can make reads and that he does throw with accuracy. The statline last year was an aberration though; a product of Bobby Petrino's system.

Ummmmmm
Rich Gannon but much smaller.
That may sound like a compliment but Gannon never blew wind up my skirt (so to speak ;) )

thanx for the feedback guys, I didn't think I would get anyone that thought he'd be a sleeper in the late rounds like I do, i'm not saying he'll be the next Tom Brady, miracle in the sixth round, but I think if given the chance he'll be starter caliber in a couple of years

CITRONDAN said:
I was a big fan of Stefan Lefors this past season, I thought he did a lot for Louisville. I know he wasn't in the toughest conference, but he did end the season with something like 20 touchdown passes vs. 2 pics, and if i'm not mistaken he finished the season ranked 6th in total ranking. So here's the questions:

(personally I think he'll be picked up in the late rounds and he'll be a pleasant surprise for whoever does pick him up)

4th or 5th round but i'd take these qbs before him

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Charlie Frye
Adrian Mcpherson
Andrew Walter
Kyle Orten
David Greene

Buddwalk said:
4th or 5th round but i'd take these qbs before him

Alex Smith
Aaron Rodgers
Charlie Frye
Adrian Mcpherson
Andrew Walter
Kyle Orten
David Greene

And you would be wrong...lol.

Boik14 said:
1. 5th rd
2. As a backup qb or if he lands in a WCO

His arm stregnth definitely holds him back imo. He absolutely must be in a WCo or some type of short passing offense cause he cannot make downfield throws. However his intelligence will allow him to stick. I think he can make reads and that he does throw with accuracy. The statline last year was an aberration though; a product of Bobby Petrino's system.

I guess beating the Hurricanes in the Orange bowl until he was taken out on a cheap shot was an aberration? Can't think of too many QB's that have and could beat the canes by 16 points....going into the 4th quarter...again...in the Orange Bowl.

fishypete said:
And you would be wrong...lol.

How so explain

Stefan Lefors has heart but sorry the kids like 6'0 exactly and his arm isnt strong and he doesnt have that good of accuracy...he makes good decisions under center and doesnt really make mistakes but hes not the kind of qb that you can put the game on his back to win a game sorry...Doug Flutie at best!

Buddwalk said:
How so explain

Stefan Lefors has heart but sorry the kids like 6'0 exactly and his arm isnt strong and he doesnt have that good of accuracy...he makes good decisions under center and doesnt really make mistakes but hes not the kind of qb that you can put the game on his back to win a game sorry...Doug Flutie at best!

He was the top rated QB in Div 1-a....he doesn't have good accuarcy? WOW!

He beat Rodgers and Smith hands down. He threw for 3 Td's in the game against the canes....guess he was just lucky. I believe he had 20 Td's and 3 int's...just lucky.

fishypete said:
I guess beating the Hurricanes in the Orange bowl until he was taken out on a cheap shot was an aberration? Can't think of too many QB's that have and could beat the canes by 16 points....going into the 4th quarter...again...in the Orange Bowl.
Yeah cause Miami's defense wasnt the worst its been in a decade or so last year? I mean christ the canes made Clemson look good!

In the meantime Lefors back up, Brohm had stats similar to Lefors over less playing time. Yeah Im saying it was, in large part, the system.

1. Solid 5th rounder
2. In a WCO system he'ld be a really good and valuable backup.

I can think of many less paying jobs then NFL clipboard holder.

CITRONDAN said:

CFL QB!!!

Back
Top Bottom