Steinbrenner rips Yankees after O's complete sweep | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steinbrenner rips Yankees after O's complete sweep

BAMAPHIN 22

FinHeaven Elite
Reaction score
George Steinbrenner simply couldn't take it anymore. It didn't matter that there are still 150 games left to play, or that the hated Boston Red Sox were well within striking distance in the AL East.

The sight of seeing his New York Yankees in last place was just too much to bear, and the outspoken owner wasn't going to wait another day before voicing his displeasure over the fashion in which his team performed over the first two weeks of the season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/04/17/bc.bba.yankees.orioles.ap/index.html

BAMAPHIN 22 said:
George Steinbrenner simply couldn't take it anymore. It didn't matter that there are still 150 games left to play, or that the hated Boston Red Sox were well within striking distance in the AL East.

The sight of seeing his New York Yankees in last place was just too much to bear, and the outspoken owner wasn't going to wait another day before voicing his displeasure over the fashion in which his team performed over the first two weeks of the season.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/04/17/bc.bba.yankees.orioles.ap/index.html

:roflmao: :roflmao: I hate the Yankees!!!

Yup...just like last year. Start off with a losing record, the Sox beat the crap out of them, the media proclaims them dead, and Steinbrenner goes off.

End result, 101 wins.

I'm not worried.

Nothing wrong with what the Boss did. I'll take him as my owner over any other owner in any other sport!

I guess it worked.

13 run second inning! Still only 1 out!

Wait To Go George!!!!

MikeO said:
I guess it worked.

13 run second inning! Still only 1 out!

Thats what I calll lighting a fire under someone's Azz!! :evil:

FinsNYanksFan13 said:
Nothing wrong with what the Boss did. I'll take him as my owner over any other owner in any other sport!

I love that he always wants to win and will spend BUT he meddles too much and he ruined our latest dynasty. Things were much better when he was quiet like he was in th 90s.

I predict that Joe Torri will be fired because the Yankees will have a down year, they just don't really play like a team. Too many "I" players and not enough team players

nick19991 said:
I predict that Joe Torri will be fired because the Yankees will have a down year, they just don't really play like a team. Too many "I" players and not enough team players

Who are the "I" players? Do tell.

Im dying to hear this?

And when has baseball ever been a "team" sport? Ball hit to you, you field it. You are at the plate..........ALONE! It's not football or basketball where the guy to your right and left need to work in sync with you! :shakeno:

MikeO said:
Who are the "I" players? Do tell.

Im dying to hear this?

And when has baseball ever been a "team" sport? Ball hit to you, you field it. You are at the plate..........ALONE! It's not football or basketball where the guy to your right and left need to work in sync with you! :shakeno:

In baseball you need team players just like any other sport, all of the Yankees want to try and be heros and score every time their up at bat, the way you should do it is to try and have every body get on base and not try to hit a homer every time. Just my opinion, I'm a football guy so don't read too much into it

nick19991 said:
In baseball you need team players just like any other sport, all of the Yankees want to try and be heros and score every time their up at bat, the way you should do it is to try and have every body get on base and not try to hit a homer every time. Just my opinion, I'm a football guy so don't read too much into it

I won't because you clearly have no clue what the hell you are talking about!

First off the purpose of batting is to score runs. So trying to score everytime at bat isn't a bad thing. If you mean hit a home run everytime at bat then you still have no point. Guys like Jeter, Womack, Bernie, Posada don't try for that. Sheffield is one of top all around hitters in the game and can hit any pitch, he isn't swinging for the fences all that much. He's just looking to put a hurtin on the ball and drive it. Same goes with Matsui who can take a pitch the opposite way as well as anyone.

Baseball is a team sport but its also very indviualistic <sp> as you can only do what you can do. You stand at the plate alone. When a ball is hit to you then you alone have to make the play. It isn't like football where a WR needs about 5 things to go right for him to catch a pass and needs all of his teammates to do their job. If a ball is hit to centerfield, its the centerfiedler's job to catch it. The first basemen can't help him! So, yes baseball is a team sport but not like other team sports. It comes down to indivual performances and such.

Back
Top Bottom