Step #1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Step #1

I disagree with firing Mularkey. I don't support him, but I think firing him would be a mistake. If we fired him, we'd have our 4th different offensive system in 4 years. How can we ever expect to develop an offense when there is no continuity from season to season?

How many years did it take the Redskins to figure Spurrier would not get it done? If I remember correctly he did something in college coaching Saban could not even touch...Win at Duke. I have been open minded about giving Saban the benefit of doubt but that wimpy toss of the challenge flag @ Pitt keeps coming back...He still has not got it out there where the ref can see it.

So what your saying is that since he was such a great college coach he should have just walked into the NFL and done everything perfect? Of course not. He is learning new things, the reason he will be a very good coach is because he has a mind for the game and picks up his mistakes.

So he messed up a flag toss.....they would have been on the 4 yard line, had momentum and Id be willing to bet $100 they would have scored anyway.

Im just saying give him next year to see what he does.

Step #4. Build a real OL.

Step #5. Rebuild the secondary.

Step #6. Start rebuilding that front 7 now. Buncha guys in there will be dropping off the cart just as the rest of the team is coming online if a few timely moves aren't made next season.

I disagree with firing Mularkey. I don't support him, but I think firing him would be a mistake. If we fired him, we'd have our 4th different offensive system in 4 years. How can we ever expect to develop an offense when there is no continuity from season to season?

I keep seeing this rationale, and it boggles my mind.

The problem isn't the system, it's the guy calling the plays. Plays like running play action on 3rd and 1 when you've been running the ball down their throats in the first half. Perhaps if you have Manning and Harrison, it's a good risk. We don't. Plays like Morris losing 5 yards on a pitch out when we were moving the ball again. Plays like going to the well too often with Lemon rolling out.

It's been this way too often this year. The offense moves the ball effectively for awhile and then shoots itself in the foot with the wrong play at the wrong time. My fear is that even if we upgrade our talent, these misfires will still occur at the most inopportune times.

You keep the system for continuity. You fire the guy responsible for making it work. They could hire someone like Baggett, and the problems are minimal. Or you can find someone to run the system, and you'd have a little extra work. But it's still not as drastic as people make it out to be.

Take a look at the Jets for a minute. They have a new coordinator in place, and their offense has been consistently better and more inventive than the product we've put on the field.

I keep seeing this rationale, and it boggles my mind.

The problem isn't the system, it's the guy calling the plays. Plays like running play action on 3rd and 1 when you've been running the ball down their throats in the first half. Perhaps if you have Manning and Harrison, it's a good risk. We don't. Plays like Morris losing 5 yards on a pitch out when we were moving the ball again. Plays like going to the well too often with Lemon rolling out.

It's been this way too often this year. The offense moves the ball effectively for awhile and then shoots itself in the foot with the wrong play at the wrong time. My fear is that even if we upgrade our talent, these misfires will still occur at the most inopportune times.

You keep the system for continuity. You fire the guy responsible for making it work. They could hire someone like Baggett, and the problems are minimal. Or you can find someone to run the system, and you'd have a little extra work. But it's still not as drastic as people make it out to be.

Take a look at the Jets for a minute. They have a new coordinator in place, and their offense has been consistently better and more inventive than the product we've put on the field.

Continuity has its place but I agree it certainly is not everything. Take a look at New Orleans coming off an awful season with a new QB and all new coaches (sound familiar). Turns out if you have really good players and put them in positions to succeed, they will do well. Not really a novel concept, but one the Phins and the coaching staff have not been able to figure out. The coaching and playcalling, especially on the offensive side, have been well.....down right offensive. From underutilizing Ronnie, to starting Daunte way to early, to not playing to it WR's strength's (throwing downfield...yes I know Joey can't), to not starting youth when the season was lost...they have been set up to fail now and into the future. Let's hope we get someone in here that "gets it" or look for us to be mediocre for years to come.

I know it has been said, but.........

Step #1. Fire Mularkey

Reason why: The reason is obvious. Tonight it looked like he was trying to lose. Ronnie looked better than ever. Why did he not get the ball 30 times? When it was 10-7 and we were down close they should have ran every play. That would've run out the clock and not given the ball back to Pennington. We probably would've scored a TD at the rate we were chewing up yards on the ground. Mind-blowing.

Step #2. Consider firing Saban

Reason why: He let the above happen all year. He also started Harrington when he knew it's obvious Harrington is tentative and has no down field vision. He also let us go into Buffalo(where Mularkey was the OC last year) with basically no offensive game plan. If we win that game we might make the postseason. The Bills knew exactly what we were going to do. It's almost like he used the same play calls as he did when he was in Buffalo. It's no coincidence they shut us out. Let him go to Alabama if he doesn't get his act together.

Step #3. Keep searching for a new QB

Reason why(2): (1)Competition. (2)Harrington is not a starting NFL QB.

Daunte could be the answer or he may never be effective again. Lemon looks good but he's probably not our franchise QB. We need a Palmer or a Brees or a McNair etc. Someone who is undoubtedly our man.

We can't let a D like this slip through our fingers with no QB. Please send this post to the front office guys or Huizenga.

Thanks for reading.

p.s. did you see Marino and Strock's faces?

When do we ever have an offensive gameplan? It seems to me like he is randomly picking plays. We don't run to set up the pass...We dont pass to set up the run...we run reverses and hb passes at random moments. We arn't trying to accomplish anything. We have the worst plays and play caller in the league.

Back
Top Bottom