Step #1 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Step #1

Baddteeth

Diehard
Reaction score
I know it has been said, but.........

Step #1. Fire Mularkey

Reason why: The reason is obvious. Tonight it looked like he was trying to lose. Ronnie looked better than ever. Why did he not get the ball 30 times? When it was 10-7 and we were down close they should have ran every play. That would've run out the clock and not given the ball back to Pennington. We probably would've scored a TD at the rate we were chewing up yards on the ground. Mind-blowing.

Step #2. Consider firing Saban

Reason why: He let the above happen all year. He also started Harrington when he knew it's obvious Harrington is tentative and has no down field vision. He also let us go into Buffalo(where Mularkey was the OC last year) with basically no offensive game plan. If we win that game we might make the postseason. The Bills knew exactly what we were going to do. It's almost like he used the same play calls as he did when he was in Buffalo. It's no coincidence they shut us out. Let him go to Alabama if he doesn't get his act together.

Step #3. Keep searching for a new QB

Reason why(2): (1)Competition. (2)Harrington is not a starting NFL QB.

Daunte could be the answer or he may never be effective again. Lemon looks good but he's probably not our franchise QB. We need a Palmer or a Brees or a McNair etc. Someone who is undoubtedly our man.

We can't let a D like this slip through our fingers with no QB. Please send this post to the front office guys or Huizenga.

Thanks for reading.

p.s. did you see Marino and Strock's faces?

I know it has been said, but.........

Step #1. Fire Mularkey

Reason why: The reason is obvious. Tonight it looked like he was trying to lose. Ronnie looked better than ever. Why did he not get the ball 30 times? When it was 10-7 and we were down close they should have ran every play. That would've run out the clock and not given the ball back to Pennington. We probably would've scored a TD at the rate we were chewing up yards on the ground. Mind-blowing.

Step #2. Consider firing Saban

Reason why: He let the above happen all year. He also started Harrington when he knew it's obvious Harrington is tentative and has no down field vision. He also let us go into Buffalo(where Mularkey was the OC last year) with basically no offensive game plan. If we win that game we might make the postseason. The Bills knew exactly what we were going to do. It's almost like he used the same play calls as he did whe he was in Buffalo. It's no coincidence they shut us out. Let him go to Alabama if he doesn't get his act together.

Step #3. Keep searching for a new QB

Reason why(2): (1)Competition. (2)Harrington is not a starting NFL QB.

Daunte could be the answer or he may never be effective again. Lemon looks good but he's probably not our franchise QB. We need a Palmer or a Brees or a McNair etc. Someone who is undoubtedly our man.

We can't let a D like this slip through our fingers with no QB. Please send this post to the front office guys or Huizenga.

Thanks for reading.

Step #4. Build a real OL.

Step #5. Rebuild the secondary.

I agree. Saban is not a good GM at all. He's a fine coach and will grow into his role in the NFL, remember Belichick didn't win Super Bowls in Cleveland.

I think its funny how everyone said 'Saban is a great coach he will be great in the NFL right away'

I agree he is a very good coach, but the fact is its two different games, he is no different than a college player that comes in and has to learn a totally new game. He will be fine, but lets give him a year or two more before we judge him.

I think its funny how everyone said 'Saban is a great coach he will be great in the NFL right away'

I agree he is a very good coach, but the fact is its two different games, he is no different than a college player that comes in and has to learn a totally new game. He will be fine, but lets give him a year or two more before we judge him.

3-4 years is appropriate. If there is not signifigant progress after next year, then a long hard look is warrented, but, the year would have to be a disaster to not give NS 4 years.

Like it or not, if coaches start getting "Win a SB in two years" edicts, we'll wind up being a franchise like the Raiders.

Not sure Saban want to be here now. Firing a warning shot at somebody who doesn't want to be here is counter productive. If he wants to leave, let him go. Perhaps keep Capers for a year if better coaches are unavailable. Organization is furthering its downward spiral. Have to blame ownership for bringing in a coach who losses taste for the game (at this level) after two years and already made the same mistake with Jimmy Johnson. Goes to show you how important leadership/ownership is.

Not sure Saban want to be here now. Firing a warning shot at somebody who doesn't want to be here is counter productive. .

It's an accepted buisness teqnique in the NFL.

It's also a possible fix. Takeing some of the
workload away may well allow better focus on
coaching.

Though, I agree....If the man doesn't want to be here, let him go.

I doubt that's the issue though.

Step #4. Build a real OL.

What was wrong with the OL tonight? Nothing. Running room- check. Time to pass- check. Penalties- no.

Step #5. Rebuild the secondary.

The corners are horrible

The corners are horrible

Nah, they aren't. They aren't special, granted, but they are adequate. The problem is that they are finding themselves in missmatches far too often because Saban's secondary schemes rely on frequent single coverages that work in college but rarely do in the NFL, especially not with a unit that is mediocre. You can't blame Saban for installing a new system, but you should blame him for installing it before he had the players to go along with it. There where a lot of people who wondered why Bell wasn't put in the starting lineup earlier - the simple truth is that he doesn't fit Saban's scheme and Saban was hesistant to adjust them, although Tillmann obviously struggled. And that's what really worries me about the guy. Not that he makes some silly challenges here or there or that he doesn't seem like a top notch GM, but that he is mind-boggingly inflexible. It's the cardinal error of many college coaches who come to the NFL to try and install their system instead of adjusting said system to the players they have. Running a complicated secondary that relies heavily on the defensive backs making the correct reads with the likes of Will Allen, Goodman, Daniels, Lehan or Jackson is just plain harakiri.

How many years did it take the Redskins to figure Spurrier would not get it done? If I remember correctly he did something in college coaching Saban could not even touch...Win at Duke. I have been open minded about giving Saban the benefit of doubt but that wimpy toss of the challenge flag @ Pitt keeps coming back...He still has not got it out there where the ref can see it.

Back
Top Bottom