Step up your game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Step up your game

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap20...-iii-sam-bradford-among-guys-who-must-perform

[h=3]2) Mike Wallace, wide receiver, Miami Dolphins[/h] Wallace was never worth $60 million; the pact that brought him to Miami was a bad deal for the Dolphins. The purported crown jewel of last year's free agency crop, Wallace is a guy I first-guessed long before pen hit paper. And he's one of the many reasons that Jeff Ireland is now a former general manager.
OK, in the interest of fairness, I'll point out that the raw statistics from Wallace's first year in Miami -- 73 catches for 930 yards and five touchdowns -- aren't catastrophic. But that's a shortsighted way to look at this. The truth is, Wallace did a lot of complaining last fall and came down with a case of the yips. While he isn't worth the money -- particularly the $27 million guaranteed -- Wallace is a much better player than what he showed last year. It's time to stop talking and start catching the ball.

Mike and Ryan have to get it together this year.

I predict that while Wallace probably won't live up to that $60M price tag he will provide a lot more of the excitement factor that we were hoping for us this season.

Back
Top Bottom