Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread | Page 80 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread

When will Ross sell the team?

• Who cares, he's not the problem?

• He will keep it until he wins a SB

• When he passes

Results are only viewable after voting.
You really hate Ross that much? Did he slap your mom or something? I understand you might not agree with him but why the hatred?

I love first round draft picks and owner who doesn’t undermine his employees with bad ideas.

Signing checks isn’t impressive.

Even when our GM is making the right decisions the SCUMBAG reappears to do his best to ruin things.

To lose a first round pick because of someone’s affinity for Tom Brady is as brutal as it gets.

Link to article on the succession plan with Beal...

I suppose the only way it wouldn't happen is if Beal changed his mind or somebody falls outs of the sky and overpays and/or gives Beal a substantial kicker to step aside. None of that seems likely so we are likely looking at Beal, a young man.

I wonder if the NFL may recall this succession plan now that the tampering and Beal issues have come to light.

I hate him A LOT more than Ross.

Beal is the Brady fan boy. He has no business buying the Dolphins.

Goddell is a POS for allowing this to continue.

Roger Goddell penalized Miami Dolphins fans because the owners don’t love the team as much as the fans.

No Dolphin would ever want Tom Brady on their team. Speaking to you “Dolphin” fans who wanted Brady and have the never to call him the GOAT on this site.
That’s just a childish post…I get possibly blaming Beal more than Ross for tampering, but ultimately Ross is still the captain and supposed to be in charge!

Any Dolphin fan who doesn’t want a championship QB on their team needs to check themselves…but you do have to follow the rules.

We lost our safety cushion for the next draft if Tua doesn’t take the next step and it sucks….

Im glad he did all that. The tampering really upsets you? Happens all over the league. I love having an owner that skirts the rules. Great owner. Bigger Ross fan BECAUSE of all this. And admittedly enjoying some schadenfreude from all the chicken littles.

Oh and you seem to leave out the findings in the investigation (the investigation you seem to declare as indisputable fact) that Ross was not being serious when talking about losing for the draft.
That's the point he is leaving out to call out other posters. There was no seriousness to the losing games.

They even mention Ross joked about Flores taking a vacation during the season to help the team lose. What's funny with that is they lost 7 in a row easily with Flores there.

Dude.... it was in the report, it said Ross mentioned on numerous occasions he would rather lose games in order to get a higher draft pick.

It's open knowledge, why you continue to support Ross is just annoying at this point. The guy has lied, repeatedly cheated and bent the rules and has been caught. He tried to get Watson to settle his cases mid-season no less to trade for him. He tampered for four straight years with Brady, he tampered with Peyton. He's a horrible owner.

Did he pay Flores to lose? No, but he did want the team to lose. That's a fact. Its public knowledge.

If you ignore the facts, I don't know what to tell you.
If you are going to include a reference, "quotes" are appropriate. - LOL
Just read the report, don't try and re-interpret it; that's above your paygrade - LOL
Thanks for the "straight" line - LOL
You may want to see an optometrist - LOL

I love first round draft picks and owner who doesn’t undermine his employees with bad ideas.

Even when our GM is making the right decisions the SCUMBAG reappears to do his best to ruin things.

To lose a first round pick because of someone’s affinity for Tom Brady is as brutal as it gets.
Hmm - "...undermine his employees with bad ideas."
As opposed to giving directives? - LOL
If you mean that tanking was a bad idea, then you must agree with Adam Gase, who had the "integrity" to leave the team because of it and had the brains to still collect on his contract even after he left the Dolphins. I didn't realize you were an Adam Gase fan - LOL

"Signing checks isn't impressive." BS, just pure BS.
Do you ever read what you write? - LOL

"Even when our GM is making the right decisions the SCUMBAG reappears to do his best to ruin things."
And here I thought you wanted us to get Watson all along - LOL

"To lose a first-round pick because of someone’s affinity for Tom Brady is as brutal as it gets." is too fanciful for sane people. Try this instead:
"To use a first-round pick because of someone’s affinity for running backs or any player who ends up out of the league in two or three years is as brutal as it gets".

There, that's better. I bet you could even identify a few draftees who fit that description with your "sensitivity" about 1st round draft picks.

I feel if you are successful 50% of the time on 1st round draft picks in the NFL, you are doing well. It seems to me that with Grier as GM, and Tanenbaum gone, we have found ways to increase our number of 1st round draft picks, which is the best way to compensate for the types of "losses" I just described. By my count we are still way ahead of where we would have been otherwise.

I'd tell you that's all I have to say about this, but we both know "I just can't help myself" - because:
"Ray is right" - LOL

Chew on that - LOL

Whoever signs your checks deserves your respect.

Seek help brother. There are many qualified therapists who might be able to help you.

And remember: Ray is Right!

The sloppy & arrogant manner that Ross & Beal went about "recruiting" will annoy me for a spell.

As Steve Wyche (NFLN) put it, typically the boss will use a cutout/bagman to provide plausible deniability.
I think a lot of billionaires are used to getting their way, skirting the rules, and not being held accountable.

I really hope Ross steps back and learns from this. A 1st and a 3rd is a high price to pay.

Back
Top Bottom