Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread | Page 81 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross & fallout MEGA Thread

When will Ross sell the team?

• Who cares, he's not the problem?

• He will keep it until he wins a SB

• When he passes

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think a lot of billionaires are used to getting their way, skirting the rules, and not being held accountable.

I really hope Ross steps back and learns from this. A 1st and a 3rd is a high price to pay.

Another thought I just had. Ross goes after a certain target say Sean Payton.

He gets rebuffed hires someone else and then deliberately sabotages the team.

p.s. I said elsewhere; Ross is great at improving facilities but lousy w/ personnel.

ROFL 80 pages of this. We could start a winery with our sour grapes. The picks are gone. Moaning about it won't get them back.

ROFL 80 pages of this. We could start a winery with our sour grapes. The picks are gone. Moaning about it won't get them back.
It's a compilation of every thread that had to do with Ross, a lot of it from several months ago.

It's natural to bemoan the loss of picks. It sucks. Everyone knows it won't bring them back, but if you apply that logic, there would really be no point to this site, because nothing we say changes anything.

I will not lie, when I read this, it hit me like a wrecking ball (In all due respect to Miley Cyrus), but as the days have gone by, this is bothering me less and less.

Miami could very easily be a runaway train as early as this year.

-Tua looking impressive.
One of the top and most dangerous receiving Squads in football.

- A RB by committee squad that may not be represented by any one huge talent, but as a group, with what insanity our HC & OC could come up with on the ground, could become annoyingly productive to opponents.

- A defense that very well might be talent wise better then the Defense that turned the corner to help Miami last year to a huge come back record wise.

- A FG kicker that has proven he is capable of being insanely accurate with a big leg in case of close games.

- A vet Punter that though close to being ready to retire, can give Miami a huge advantage each game by changing field position with his big leg.

If Miami does the incredible and wins it all this coming season, those happy Miami lost a 1st in the next draft will find Miami might have only lost a 1st that is more then a high 2nd, and with all the changes in San Fran, Miami might still get an extremely high 1st to laugh at the NFL with.

I will not lie, when I read this, it hit me like a wrecking ball (In all due respect to Miley Cyrus), but as the days have gone by, this is bothering me less and less.

Miami could very easily be a runaway train as early as this year.

-Tua looking impressive.
One of the top and most dangerous receiving Squads in football.

- A RB by committee squad that may not be represented by any one huge talent, but as a group, with what insanity our HC & OC could come up with on the ground, could become annoyingly productive to opponents.

- A defense that very well might be talent wise better then the Defense that turned the corner to help Miami last year to a huge come back record wise.

- A FG kicker that has proven he is capable of being insanely accurate with a big leg in case of close games.

- A vet Punter that though close to being ready to retire, can give Miami a huge advantage each game by changing field position with his big leg.

If Miami does the incredible and wins it all this coming season, those happy Miami lost a 1st in the next draft will find Miami might have only lost a 1st that is more then a high 2nd, and with all the changes in San Fran, Miami might still get an extremely high 1st to laugh at the NFL with.
Same. We lost some picks. ****'s tough all over. I'm past it.

Another thought I just had. Ross goes after a certain target say Sean Payton.

He gets rebuffed hires someone else and then deliberately sabotages the team.

p.s. I said elsewhere; Ross is great at improving facilities but lousy w/ personnel.
I just don't know why he'd sabotage the team. More wins equals more merchandise sales, more money etc.

I think our owner is awesome and people do not realize what its like to have a bad owner because we have not had 1 yet. Ross was willing to do just about anything to bring us a winning team. He got caught and since we are not named the Patriots, we got punished. I think he finally brought in the right people to run the team. Just think if we had an owner who didnt spend the money to win?

I just can't believe how dumb Ross is. I'm sure he never expected to get caught tampering, but why even go there? Especially, after the Jim Harbaugh incident years ago.

That's a steep price for tampering. Putting it into perspective, Miami might have been able to trade a 1st and 3rd for a Deebo Samuel type, or certainly a starting caliber tackle.

Who knows what players they may have drafted, or could have traded up for?

I don't think Ross will sell the team, but I wish Miami had an owner with more integrity. Losing high draft picks is frustrating/maddening. Sigh.

I think our owner is awesome and people do not realize what its like to have a bad owner because we have not had 1 yet. Ross was willing to do just about anything to bring us a winning team. He got caught and since we are not named the Patriots, we got punished. I think he finally brought in the right people to run the team. Just think if we had an owner who didnt spend the money to win?

At this point, I'd almost rather have Eddie DeBartolo (Niners) from back in the day.

I haven't read all 81 pages on this subject, and ultimately the "buck" stops with Ross, but I have to wonder why other executives didn't intervene to stop illegal communications with Brady. Guys like Marino or Tom Garfinkel? Surely, Ross has people who understand the rules???

I haven't read all 81 pages on this subject, and ultimately the "buck" stops with Ross, but I have to wonder why other executives didn't intervene to stop illegal communications with Brady. Guys like Marino or Tom Garfinkel? Surely, Ross has people who understand the rules???
You have to wonder if they knew. Seems Ross and Beal acted in a bubble.

That was my take. Where the **** is his counsel?

Ultimately though, Ross is the kind of guy that orders a gourmet meal and dumps salt on it without tasting it first.

He would have ignored the advice anyway.

That was my take. Where the **** is his counsel?

Ultimately though, Ross is the kind of guy that orders a gourmet meal and dumps salt on it without tasting it first.

He would have ignored the advice anyway.
Tampering happens every single day and everyone knows it. The only reason Ross is being punished is because of the lawsuit. Your last statement about Ross ignoring the advice of his football advisers is an extremely dumb and uninformed statement. Every person who made their own money without having rich parents do not ignore their advisers. They might not always agree, but never ignore them.

Back
Top Bottom