Stephen Ross is the real problem

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Snoop, Oct 3, 2017.

1. DolfanDuBbZ~

DolfanDuBbZ~ Avoid the 'Noid Donator

So the man at the TOP bares no responsibility? And people here have the gall to laugh at owners like Jerry Jones, whose team has put together winners and dynasties in the modern era. But hey, we can keep living off the accomplishments of a long ago era.

2. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

Oh man, you made so many great points but then you finished it up with this lol....do you know how ridiculous this statement is? Ross isn't the problem, it's everyone he hired? Everyone he took too long to sever ties with, everyone he gave extensions to? Newsflash, he's the ****ing owner of the team, he's ultimately responsible. 2013 was on him. He decided to keep Ireland after a 4th consecutive losing season when he could've fired him and had the top executives around the league begging for the job given the 5 picks in the first 3 rounds, $40M+ in cap space and a young potential franchise QB heading into year 2, basically the type of resources a new GM has wet dreams over...it was a great opportunity for someone to come in and truly rebuild the team to his liking in one offseason. Instead this big eared dumbass put his faith in that ugly Ginger **** and boy did we pay the price. That single decision set the team back years.

Adam Strange likes this.
  3. gofins60

gofins60 A True Fan

Philbin and Friends ruined this team. The offense and defense were mostly ineffective because Philbin wanted finesse weaklings rather than mean, nasty football players. The roster needed to be overhauled, and any candidates for the next regime after Philbin should want to run the opposite of what Philbin ran. Unfortunately, they hired Philbin 2.0 (Gase), and the team is still using most of Philbin's pathetic o-line, still running that short pass garbage offense, and the defense is still a dumpster fire. Now I have to wait for who knows how long until Ross finally gets tired of this mess and fires Gase, Tannenbaum, and the Front Office personnel.

4. randomname

randomname A True Fan

It's like when your grandpa calls you up and tells you he's got great news, he just won the Nigerian lottery and it's on its way to him right now, he only had to send 500 dollars for shipping and handling, and he wants to take the family out to a nice restaurant to celebrate.

HeyHoLet'sGo and Snoop like this.
  5. J. David Wannyheimer

J. David Wannyheimer None of my business. Finheaven VIP Donator

Really?

*makes jerking off motion*

6. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

good god, you just like to complain. He paid for the stadium renovation and is otherwise staying away from football operations. Sometimes I wonder why some people in this board are even dolphins fans.

7. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Because the winning culture started even before Belichick and Brady got there. I do remember them going to the Super Bowl with Bledsoe at QB.

8. Ryan1973

Ryan1973 Pro Bowler Finheaven VIP

Just because Ross paid for the stadium renovation himself doesn't make him a good owner. He is responsible for hiring the football people last time I checked. He has never hired the right people since he has owned the team. Period!

matt11390 likes this.
  9. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Tim Tebow Day

I love all the home games given up to London and pleading to have less home games in September/October. Awesome Owner.

10. Good_Dylan

Good_Dylan A True Fan

I have to agree on the Tannenbum hire...I mean the guy was a TOTAL failure at his last job but gets the green light here? I dont get that logic...Who here would interview many good people for their company but hire the guy who was just the conductor of a train wreck operation?

Ross is no peach...He has not turned anything around in S Fla but people still defend him like he has the pedigree of Krafty.
    You know what? Just win Baby and until then you are a complete fail

Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
    matt11390 likes this.
  11. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek Finheaven VIP

He only paid for it because the city denied his request for taxpayer funding. He wanted to throttle those people just like the Marlins did. And he bitched about it.

It's not like he was going to share the profits from his newly remodeled stadium with the poor people he was trying to make pay for it. It's ****ed up owners are allowed to do that to people and it's weird that they receive praise for failed extortion.

Ross has been a bumbling mess of an owner. The team is in a constant state of dysfunction and hasn't won anything meaningful since he's been making decisions. All you really need to know.

matt11390 and Trade Viper like this.
  12. GreenMts

GreenMts Seasoned Veteran

I'm not going to say Ross is the "real" problem or all the problem. But he is responsible for Tannebaum and Gase. Jury still out on Gase for sure. MT eh...not as much IMO.

Mr. Ross also held onto Mr Philbin too long and Jeff Ireland. He kind of bungled all that didn't he. And of course Harbaugh....

Ross is all about the half measure. Not a lot of confidence that he rights the ship all at once. We'll always have a rudder broken or a hole in a sail.

matt11390, Snoop and gofins60 like this.
  13. Csonked Out

Csonked Out FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

to please that all on one person is very short sighted.

14. Snoop

Snoop A True Fan

The worst offseason in the history of the franchise is on Ross. Everyone was calling for Ireland's head that offseason, could've changed the course of the team's history by making a change at that moment in time.

15. DefensiveEnd76

DefensiveEnd76 Football Guru

Ross brought in former Jets loser Tannenbaum. A real dumb idea on his part.

kevphin likes this.