Stephen Ross is the real problem | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross is the real problem

I will agree that Ross's judgement of picking who runs his team is a problem but they are supposed to be football people so they should know what they are doing. He's certainty not a Jerry Jones type.

I'll take the present iteration of Ross (after getting past all the bumps in the road on his rocky learning curve) 100x out of 100 over The Garbageman who really only cared about asses in the seats more so than improving the product or who was coaching the product so long as the team won enough to keep the wolves from howling at the door.

Aside from that, Ross is not a slimebag like Wayne, dismantling 2 championship Marlin teams. It would have only been a matter of time til his douchebaggery filtered over to the Fins.

Ross is far from perfect and pretty gullible in handing the reins to a failed GM who no one in the league wanted.. and who actually would have taken a demotion to capologist like Woody wanted if incoming GM candidates didn't have an issue with him still being in the building. Ross is a work in progress but as far as being hands-off most of the time and spending what it takes, he's been nothing but outstanding. He's also putting the team's best face forward in his social and community initiatives and in self-financing the refurbishment of Hard Rock.

Could he be a better owner? Yes, but thankfully he's nothing approaching the likes of Jerry Jones who makes unilateral GM decisions, Jerry Richardson who counts pennies, Woody Johnson and his cluelessness, or poor decision-making carpetbaggers in it strictly for the money like Spanos and Kroenke.

All in all, he's a better than average owner in my book!

Last edited:
In my opinion we have bigger fish to fry than Ross. He puts his money where his mouth is and really stays out of the football decision making process. I think we have a good owner.

Problem is Personnel under him which he is responsible for it to a certain extent but second half of last year many people are getting ready to erect a statue of him at the stadium. I blame Tenenbaum and gase specifically for player acquisition and lack of preparation and Gameday adjustments.

I think the owner wants to win will do almost anything to get that and pretty much stays out of the way if that's positive or negative I don't know. Gase hasn't developed as I had hoped and I'm somewhat stymied on some of his decisions and lack of preparation be it coaching staff or players. Curious to see what happens the rest of the year.

The boss hires the people beneath him...Ross is the boss...so the people below him are his fault.

Wow, you people are incredible lol. Jump off the cliff already

There are thousands of Ex-Charger fans that would gladly send you Dean Spanos for Mr Ross. Try living with that **** show of an owner.

CoronaDoug, we need to get you some therapy for all those years as a Chargers fan. And when you are done, all of us long time Dolphins fans will file past you into the doctors office for our turn....

Ross is a good owner and far from the problem.

When Ross brings in buffoons like Tannenbaum, then he's a major part of the problem.
Extending and retaining Sparano, hiring Philbin, and then extending and retaining Philbin were far worse moves than bringing in Tannenbaum.

Last edited:
I would bury Ross in a hail of insults if I could, but in truth I can't. Here's why, how many Super Bowls did the fins win when "Garbageman" was the owner, hold on, let me count, naught times naught, carry the naught, yup, None. So in reality this team did not go from the White House to the Outhouse with Ross. I remember one of the members here had an avatar of the Evil one saying "bring me the one called Saban", Ifffff I remember that didn't work out so well. Before that there was" Danny and Jimmy, Jimmy and Danny, Danny and Jimmy, Jimmy and Jimmy, etc", The Winestat era, and don't forget "Mr Fail Forward faster than you fail backward, unless you are failing sideways" Cam Camaron Frito. So this goes wayyyyy, back, and it's not a matter of being a disloyal fan, it is a matter of logic. For years this team did not progress, and for years every change brings the same stagnation, so no progress, how could any fan have hope. Nope it ain't all Ross.

The Ever Spiteful VIPER

Why do people always try to find someone to blame?

Hey Dog. Well in this case there has to be someone, I mean it's not the fans fault, and I don't remember the great meteor of death hitting the training facility and the whole team being vaporized, ummm lets see, someone is responsible, or rather someone should be responsible, and held accountable. Thats actually how real life works, I think, but I don't know, maybe I took the blue pill. But I will tell you this, if I ran my business like the fins, well the last scene from Frankenstein is nothing compared to the wrath of my clients, it would be ugly :blackeye

The Ever Hoping The Fins Do Better VIPER

Back
Top Bottom