Stephen Ross is the real problem | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross is the real problem

He is an owner that doesn't know the game. He hires people to run the organization for him. Problem is he messes up those hires.

Ross won me over when he paid for the stadium out of his own pocket. I have no problem with how he runs the business side of things. He's not afraid to invest resources and is willing to do anything to make the franchise better. However, he chose the worst GM he could have possibly picked. He needs to stay out of football.

Grier and Tannenbaum... but he's not to blame? Wow, our fans truly are complacent. He listens to the wrong folks, and it will cost us again this season. Just because there are a ton of bad NFL owners doesn't make Ross any better.

We could only hope for an ownership group like the Packers, Pats, or Seahawks. Nope, Ross is terrible.

Well if we expected Ross to to be the gm, or coach or play qb, rb, wr, te, ol, dl, lb, db, or k then yeah he's the problem. He'd probably do ok as a punter. There you go have Ross play punter we wouldn't suck anymore.

About time some of you move forward from Sparano and Ireland.

When we were pulling off all those wins last season with this same coach. Where were the Stephen Ross is the problem threads?

The problem that I see is an owner who wants to win so bad, he allows for others to take advantage of him. Ireland set this team and organization back in 2013, with his worst ever draft and wild f/a spending spree. Soprano was in way over his head and Philbin had no business being a head coach. He was spot on with Harbaugh, but went about it in a very disrespectful way. The jury is still out on Gase, although I’m beginning to question his game day and preparation skills. But the biggest downfall of Mr. Ross is Tannenbaum. A notorious big spender and talent evaluator “FRAUD”!!!! He’s a #&@$&@& lawyer masquerading as a football guru, for Christ Sakes!!! He let’s too many people bleed his ear and falls for the I can make you a winner sack of chit these guys sell him on.

We're still suffering from his many blunders... is there another owner in the league who's made as many mistakes?

Kept Sparano too long...

Flew across the country to woo a guy for his team's head coach position that wasn't even vacant, basically cutting Sparano's legs out from under him and dooming that season before it even started. Foolishly thought his act wouldn't be national news....

Hired a terrible coach in Philbin, kept him too long....

Kept Ireland way too long, let him keep his job after a fourth consecutive losing season, setting up the historically bad 2013 offseason where The Ginger wasted 5 picks in the first 3 rounds and $40+ million in cap space.....

Didn't even have the guts to fire Ireland completely, instead offering him a demotion that actually came with a raise lol... thankfully he said no and resigned.....

Followed that up by running a complete debacle of a GM search where he settled on the 5th option, an Asst GM that was on the verge of being fired in Tampa Bay but got the job here because he was the only candidate content with having no authority over Philbin...he only lasted 2 years.

Somehow let Mike ****ing Tannenbaum convince him to let him run a team again.

Obviously he's done some good but this resume is awful, it takes years to recover from all these terrible decisions. Time to point the finger at the man who's really to blame.

Yeah its Ross fault...

Damn that man for missed blocks....
Damn that man for missed tackles....
Damn that man for drop passes....
Damn that man for missed assignments...
Damn that man for lousy punts.....
Damn that man for penalties......
Damn that man for wearing glasses....
Damn that man for being named Ross...

JUST DAMN HIM.....

C'mon give me a break... These threads...smh

Yeah its Ross fault...

JUST DAMN HIM.....

C'mon give me a break... These threads...smh

Well, the owner is responsible for the quality of the GM, and Coach, while the GM and Coach are responsible for the quality of the team. GM, for logical contracts and the draft, along with input from the coach. The coach is directly responsible for the product on the field, the fact that the players can't or will not play at a high level, is the coaches fault, GM picked 'em and the coach coached or didn't coach 'em. Players should know if they don't give their best effort they will be gone. Whom by the way hired the coach, and GM? Mr Ross, so I leave the dead rat on Mr Ross's porch. Now that having been said, I don't blame him 100 percent, I think he could become a top owner, but he has to figure out a way, to attract bright and innovative minds to the Fins, not stinky old worn out socks, and people who are out of their depth, if he doesn't, well this could go on another decade

The Ever Unforgiving VIPER

This thread is a completely false narrative IMO. You couldn't wish for a better Dolphins owner. Yes, the whole Sparano/Harbaugh thing looked bad but he took a swing at one of the best coaches in the world and even tried to have Harbaugh convince Luck to force a trade to Miami. I agree that Ireland & Philbin should have been fired a year before they were but at least Ross gave them a chance to succeed. If anything he's loyal to a fault which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Ross is willing to spend whatever it takes and tries to land the big fish whenever they become available. On top of that, he stays out of the way and even paid out of his own pocket to completely renovate our stadium. What else could you possibly want out of an owner?

Deciding who to hire as the coach is not "staying out of football decisions." It's one of the most vital football decisions that can be made. That's one reason Wayne was such a crap owner. He bungled that decision almost every time he was forced to make it.

Ross extended Sparano after 2010, and sure enough, the 2011 season was a disaster after the team imploded. Then he hires Philbin, and doubles down on his mistake by bringing him back after 2014. Once again, another season is wasted because Ross made the wrong decision going into 2015.

Gase may be a flash in the pan or he may be the right man for the job. Either way, Ross made the decision and he's responsible for the outcome. No doubt he'll be praised if Gase excels. But he should also be held accountable if Gase ends up being yet another in a long line of bad decisions regarding the head coach of the franchise.
Wayne was a crap owner? The man hired Jimmy Johnson, Nick Saban, & Bill Parcells. While this didn't result in a Super Bowl, these are 3 of the greatest living football minds that exist and that cannot be disputed. You are playing the result my friend. Wayne & Ross have both tried to hire the best possible people at every level. We have failed because we haven't drafted well since JImmy. It's as simple as that.

This thread is a completely false narrative IMO. You couldn't wish for a better Dolphins owner. Yes, the whole Sparano/Harbaugh thing looked bad but he took a swing at one of the best coaches in the world and even tried to have Harbaugh convince Luck to force a trade to Miami. I agree that Ireland & Philbin should have been fired a year before they were but at least Ross gave them a chance to succeed. If anything he's loyal to a fault which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Ross is willing to spend whatever it takes and tries to land the big fish whenever they become available. On top of that, he stays out of the way and even paid out of his own pocket to completely renovate our stadium. What else could you possibly want out of an owner?
When did ask Harbaugh to make Luck force a trade to Miami?

The owner of the team is not the problem:biggrin

Back
Top Bottom