Stephen Ross is the real problem | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephen Ross is the real problem

He's not a football guy. Never was. He needs people who know what they're talking about to give him input. I've yet to see it to the level I'd be comfortable with.

The celebrity owners made a ton of sense and resulted in many positive things for the team ... errrrrr ...

It is good he paid for the stadium out of his own pocket. But wasn't that after he tried to get the city to pay for it, that was already throttled by the marlins stadium? And didn't he pitch quite the bitch about having to pay for HIS stadium out of HIS pockets? I believe he did. I guess that counts as 'good' ...

Losing home games to London is always pretty awesome. Nothing like waking up early and watching your team get thwomped to give you a bounce in your step the rest of the day.

Don't even get me started on the that used car salesman Tbum ...

Extending bad hires is never a good look, as previously stated.

Seriously, shall I go on? It doesn't make him good just because he's better than some of the terrible owners out there. Comparing him to Spanos is basically the same thing as saying 'at least we're not the Browns!'. Do useless sentiments like that make you feel better? Well they shouldn't. Last I checked the decisions made by the current owner haven't resulted in a single playoff win. Your standards have fallen through the floor and you're happy with paper baggin fatties. Congratulations finheaven.

Deciding who to hire as the coach is not "staying out of football decisions." It's one of the most vital football decisions that can be made. That's one reason Wayne was such a crap owner. He bungled that decision almost every time he was forced to make it.

Ross extended Sparano after 2010, and sure enough, the 2011 season was a disaster after the team imploded. Then he hires Philbin, and doubles down on his mistake by bringing him back after 2014. Once again, another season is wasted because Ross made the wrong decision going into 2015.

Gase may be a flash in the pan or he may be the right man for the job. Either way, Ross made the decision and he's responsible for the outcome. No doubt he'll be praised if Gase excels. But he should also be held accountable if Gase ends up being yet another in a long line of bad decisions regarding the head coach of the franchise.

Personally I think Gase was a great hire, regardless of how he turns out. You can't predict the future and Gase had good credentials with good potential reward. I'm not happy with Gase this year, at all, and if he continues with this terrible play-calling and the team implodes, and we keep him here longer than a couple years, that I will definitely blame Ross for.

Tannenbaum on the other hand is by far the worst move he's ever made. Worse than keeping Sparano around, worse than keeping Ireland around, and worse than keeping Philbin around. Not only did he bring in the worst GM in the NFL (considering he wasn't a GM anymore until Ross stupidly gave him the job), we brought him in to replace the one decent GM (Hickey) we've had in the past decade. Somebody seriously needs to slap him silly and tell him to find somebody competent to lead this organization.

If you think Ross isn’t the problem you’re either blind deaf or dumb. Everything he has done here has been wrong. Except MAYBE for Gase. Take off your homer glasses and it’s easy to see that this asshole has kept us Cleveland south since he arrived.

If you think Ross isn’t the problem you’re either blind deaf or dumb. Everything he has done here has been wrong. Except MAYBE for Gase. Take off your homer glasses and it’s easy to see that this ******* has kept us Cleveland south since he arrived.

These people sound absolutely ridiculous. Ross isn't the problem, the problem are all the people he hired, extended and took too long to fire? Lmao what a joke

If you think Ross isn’t the problem you’re either blind deaf or dumb. Everything he has done here has been wrong. Except MAYBE for Gase. Take off your homer glasses and it’s easy to see that this ******* has kept us Cleveland south since he arrived.
Not sure what you expect out of an owner. He is not the GM.

He's not a football guy. Never was. He needs people who know what they're talking about to give him input. I've yet to see it to the level I'd be comfortable with.

The celebrity owners made a ton of sense and resulted in many positive things for the team ... errrrrr ...

It is good he paid for the stadium out of his own pocket. But wasn't that after he tried to get the city to pay for it, that was already throttled by the marlins stadium? And didn't he pitch quite the ***** about having to pay for HIS stadium out of HIS pockets? I believe he did. I guess that counts as 'good' ...

Losing home games to London is always pretty awesome. Nothing like waking up early and watching your team get thwomped to give you a bounce in your step the rest of the day.

Don't even get me started on the that used car salesman Tbum ...

Extending bad hires is never a good look, as previously stated.

Seriously, shall I go on? It doesn't make him good just because he's better than some of the terrible owners out there. Comparing him to Spanos is basically the same thing as saying 'at least we're not the Browns!'. Do useless sentiments like that make you feel better? Well they shouldn't. Last I checked the decisions made by the current owner haven't resulted in a single playoff win. Your standards have fallen through the floor and you're happy with paper baggin fatties. Congratulations finheaven.
What NFL owner is a "football guy"? These are billionaires. Who cares about the celebrity owners? Of course, he tried to get the county to pay for the stadium. Wouldn't you in his position? Honestly, I think TBaum has done a fine job thus far. Not sure exactly what you want an owner to do? If he lets his people do their jobs and is willing spend money what more do you want? I'm curious what you would have done as the Dolphins owner?

What NFL owner is a "football guy"? These are billionaires. Who cares about the celebrity owners? Of course, he tried to get the county to pay for the stadium. Wouldn't you in his position? Honestly, I think TBaum has done a fine job thus far. Not sure exactly what you want an owner to do? If he lets his people do their jobs and is willing spend money what more do you want? I'm curious what you would have done as the Dolphins owner?

I want his decisions to translate into wins. I don't want to continue to be a laughingstock. I want to have hope for the future of the franchise. Don't really need to put this one under a microscope.

As for what I would've done ... that's a really long post. It includes tearing down the current stadium instead of the very expensive band aid, not changing the logo, and hiring the right people for the staff.

Yet another public embarrassment/scandal during his time owning the team.

-Line coach doing lines
-Bullygate
-Timmons AWOL
-Ireland/Dez Bryant fiasco
-Late night flight to California to interview Harbaugh when Sparano was still here, then had to save face a bit by giving Sparano a meaningless extension

I think I'm even missing one or two

I haven't been happy with many of Ross' decisions. Your points on his mistakes in hiring are valid, but I'm going to give Ross a pass because it takes some time to master the learning curve on the personnel side of NFL ownership. As far as the fan experience, Ross gets an A+ in my opinion. You can tell he cares about winning and he cares about the fan experience.

As far as Gase goes, I believe a lot of fans have judged him too harshly and too early. The man was a god when the team ran off a string of wins to go 10-6 last year. I don't think he all of a sudden forgot how to coach. The team has had a number of significant injuries and challenges to overcome early in the season. I believe Gase will right the ship.

However, I do have a problem with T-Baum & Grier. There were obvious holes on this team heading into the season, and somehow these guys managed to use up all of the cap space without addressing those problems. For example, even if Ted Larsen panned out, was he a noticeable upgrade over Tunsil in that spot? Given that our O-Line was the strength of last year's team, wouldn't it have been better to keep Albert for another year and find an upgrade for Bushrod? Quddus, one of our primary playmakers last year, goes down with a retirement level injury and we count on replacing him with an oft-injured, lower performing Nate Allen. These kinds of moves must be scrutinized and called out.

Read an article today that said Peyton Manning is looking to get a GM gig next season. I wonder if that might be a fit here given his relationship with Gase and his home in Miami.

Read an article today that said Peyton Manning is looking to get a GM gig next season. I wonder if that might be a fit here given his relationship with Gase and his home in Miami.
If it means Tannenbaum gets the boot, sign me up.

Yet another public embarrassment/scandal during his time owning the team.

-Line coach doing lines
-Bullygate
-Timmons AWOL
-Ireland/Dez Bryant fiasco
-Late night flight to California to interview Harbaugh when Sparano was still here, then had to save face a bit by giving Sparano a meaningless extension

I think I'm even missing one or two
Wow, you really got him this time...

tumblr_msx8njwjSC1shbp4co1_250.gif

Saw the title of this thread and instantly said “ugh” .. some people just lay around waiting for a reason to blame anyone.

There are the Tannehill haters who wait u til he has a bad game to say how they always knew he sucked, but when he’s balling like the end of last season they’re nowhere to be found.

Then there’s the Tannenbaum haters who are ready to commit suicide every time one of his decisions goes wrong, but will be quiet when his picks or signings work out like most have been pretty decent this season.

Then there’s the Ross haters who will bring up stuff that he did YEARS ago and try to relate/blame it on what’s going on with the team today. But theyre quiet when the decisions he makes works out like hiring Gase & going to the playoffs year one, or opening his checkbook to signing free agents that we all were on board with wanting (like Suh).

Geez people just relax and stop holding grudges lol. Unless you are a mistake-free individual, there’s no need for you to expect perfection from your favorite sports team. If someone has made a mistake in judgement in the past and is showing signs of improvement over what they’ve been ignorant to before, then no need to condemn them at every single step.

There’s no need to constantly root against your team...... Go Phins!

Ross is a bumbling fool as a owner. He might be a real estate guru, but as a NFL he is a putz. There is a hell of a lot more to it than just opening a checkbook. What Ross has failed miserably at is building a Championship Culture in Miami. Ross biggest fault is he continues to put the wrong people in positions to build that culture. Mike Tannebuam is not the answer! Just look at embarrassing scandals under Ross.

Bullygate.
Courting Harbaugh while not firing Sparano.
Extending Sparano, dumb round table meeting giving Sparano more power.
Firing Sparano after extension.
Keeping Ireland.
Flying Jeff Fisher in his helicopter on dinner dates.
Hiring Philbin after having several coaches withdraw their names from Consideration.
Extending Ireland.
Firing Ireland.
Going through 6 candidates to find a GM. Even having Farmer tell him he would rather stay in CLEVELAND.
Hiring Hickey as GM who was never more than a glorified scout in Tampa and was about to be fired.
Hiring Tannebuam making him a Czar.
Firing Hickey.
Timmons Awol.
Coach videoing himself doing blow in his office at team headquarters.
Coach sending video to a hooker.
Hooker posting video and threatening to post more.
Hooker smashing the Dolphins in the post.

I am sure there are many more bloopers I forgot. Simply saying Ross is a god owner because he cuts checks and is hands off is a very low bar. The Patriots are good because Kraft built a winning culture he is involved and knows how to hire successful people.

Can Jerry Springer afford a team? Just sell it to him, that is how the organization functions. Like a Jerry Springer Show. At least then we can throw chairs at them when they are just out there going through the motions.

Back
Top Bottom