Stephone Anthony Mincing No Words About Open Dolphins' Linebacker Job | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stephone Anthony Mincing No Words About Open Dolphins' Linebacker Job

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Stephone%20Anthony

Miami Dolphins linebacker Stephone Anthony (44) celebrates after stopping Buffalo Bills fullback Mike Tolbert from getting a first down in the second quarter of their regular season finale on Dec. 31 last season. Anthony is trying to win the Dolphins' open starting linebacker job. AL DIAZ adiaz@miamiherald.com

According to Pro Football Focus, Anthony was in pass coverage on 89 of those 130 snaps, and his overall grade of 43.4 would have ranked 67th among all linebackers if he had more snaps to qualify — barely ahead of Lawrence Timmons, who was cut by the Dolphins this spring and remains unsigned.
Anthony, 6-3, said he has dropped his weight from 245 to “235-240. I’ve been one step ahead. I’ve been more comfortable with the system.”
Though Miami is open to keeping him beyond this season if he plays well, the Dolphins declined to exercise his 2019 fifth-year option.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/s...y-jackson/article212807724.html#storylink=rss

He should be given a chance to beat out kiko. I say let kiko, Anthony, Baker and McDonald fight for 2 spots. No favoritism

Got to wonder what Chase Allen did to be out of the strong side reps rotation.

Must see him as the 2 deep mike. Like him better as a 2 down strong option than a mike.

This isn’t good news for Mike Hull. I think Poling will beat him out anyways in camp. Better athlete better instincts similar poa

He should be one of the 6 linebackers we keep. Baker, McMillan, Kiko, Anthony, Allen and Hull. I assume that 7th rounder from this years draft is headed to the PT. Thoughts?

I will take Poling to beat out Hull in camp.

Specials is highly about the athlete and Polings a superior one with better feel for the position and range.

Garvin is in the mix too but he’s awful as an actual lb playing in the defense and I hope Miami takes that into consideration come final cuts should it come down to 1 or 2 of these 3.

Which it more than likely will.

Miami's LB corp will face alignments without a Suh. Poo poo it, but it matters.

Again I believe our DTs along with McMillan will be tested early and often.

The rest is noise.

He should be given a chance to beat out kiko. I say let kiko, Anthony, Baker and McDonald fight for 2 spots. No favoritism
TJ McDonald isn't playing linebacker - he's practicing at Safety - I presume(?) that you are referring to our other Big Mc, Raekwon McMillan, who will definitely play the MIKE (middle linebacker role), provided he's healthy.
BTW - some FH posters won't like it, but Kiko Alonso will also be a starter. No ifs, no buts, no maybes... OK, Kiko and Stephone Anthony will compete, but Kiko is the alpha dog and will beat him. At least we have a lot better talented linebacker depth, than we've had for over a decade.
Interesting to note that Anthony, Baker and McMillan are all very good athletes.

Last edited:
TJ McDonald isn't playing linebacker - he's practicing at Safety - I presume(?) that you are referring to our other Big Mc, Raekwon McMillan, who will definitely play the MIKE (middle linebacker role), provided he's healthy.
BTW - some FH posters won't like it, but Kiko Alonso will also be a starter. No ifs, no buts, no maybes... OK, Kiko and Stephone Anthony will compete, but Kiko is the alpha dog and will beat him. At least we have a lot better talented linebacker depth, than we've had for over a decade.
Interesting to note that Anthony, Baker and McMillan are all very good athletes.
No i mean McDonald. There was an article that stated he could compete for a LB spot on the outside

I just don't have confidence in Anthony being able to perform at a high level with consistency. He just lacks the awareness you want at his position.

No i mean McDonald. There was an article that stated he could compete for a LB spot on the outside
Gase cleared all that up and said he will not. You’ll see minka playing nickel Lb more than you’ll see Tj

I will take Poling to beat out Hull in camp.

Specials is highly about the athlete and Polings a superior one with better feel for the position and range.

Garvin is in the mix too but he’s awful as an actual lb playing in the defense and I hope Miami takes that into consideration come final cuts should it come down to 1 or 2 of these 3.

Which it more than likely will.

Poling has “real upside”....I expect him to be around unless he disappoints.

I'd like to think that we can come up with a LB unit that will be much better than what we had last year out of the guys we have to pick from this year. We're younger, faster and more athletic this year than we were last year. I just want the best 3 out there regardless of who they are or how much they're making.

Back
Top Bottom