steroids in the nfl | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

steroids in the nfl

It has been. That is why the NFL adopted such strong drug policies. During the 70's and 80's it was a huge issue. Those athletes who used them heavily are paying with their lives.
The NFL was smart enough to see the problem, and institute one of the toughest drug policies in sports.

if we think that this is a problem of the past we are kidding ourselves
I just read an article of a guy who wrote a book about the steroids topic (in all kind of sports - not just NFL) and he said that MLB and NHL are probably very happy about the inability of the MLB currently. Evereybody is just looking at Baseball today and ignore the rest.
Do we really believe that all today#s O-liner really got that big and fast by a healthy diet and some weight lifting alone? Therefore I found the Haslett statement ineterseting. They guy maybe an extremly bad coach, but I believe him what he says about steroids and its use in today's NFL.

OJ Mcduffie talked about this on his radio show. He said the NFL is so good at testing now that it is extremely difficult for players to get away with it. The list of banned substances is about 16 pages and they include all the things like Nyquil that mask drugs. He also says the random testing is thorough.

No system is perfect, but the NFL probably does it as well as it can be done.

i think this was posted a few pages back, but yes it is, not super big though since what happened to Lyle Azaido

fin-atic said:
OJ Mcduffie talked about this on his radio show. He said the NFL is so good at testing now that it is extremely difficult for players to get away with it. The list of banned substances is about 16 pages and they include all the things like Nyquil that mask drugs. He also says the random testing is thorough.

No system is perfect, but the NFL probably does it as well as it can be done.

Yea, the NFL has a way better steroid testing program than any other sport (well besides the olympics). But, with all tests, there are going to be people who find a way to cheat it or get by.

WRONG FORUM... THIS KID IS DRIVING ME NUTS~~!~!~!C !#JMO@JI#raw4tvawaybt

Yep i was just about to say Lyle Alzado took them, and so apparently did Jim Haslett, i'm sure more players have as well. There is nothing we can do about it now, it's just good that the NFL is actually making an effort to be a clean league while the MLB gives you a slap on the wrist if you do anything like that.

Heck, the NFL suspends you if you take a diet thing that has something bad in it. Like they did to Julius Peppers a few years ago. The NFL is a clean league now, and thats something that they should take pride in.

Doktor Ivel said:
i dont like the NFL's drug policy

r poor baby!:roflmao: wot are you going to do about it? write them a threatening letter?

PeterJNO said:
WRONG FORUM... THIS KID IS DRIVING ME NUTS~~!~!~!C !#JMO@JI#raw4tvawaybt

I'm not too worried about the forum, but there has been some real annoying posters the past few days. I'm just going to ignore them, maybe they'll leave.

Double D said:
i think steroids have been a big problem in the past in the nfl

How do you think guys like Nick Buonicotti became premier MLBs...this guy is only 5'9" and 165 lbs now...How about Lyle Alzado...he wasn't of monster size, but sure played that way...

But that is, for the most part, in the past..the NFL testing has been pretty effective. Is it extinct...no way...but basically under control...Baseball will be in a few years as well.

LarryFinFan said:
But that is, for the most part, in the past..the NFL testing has been pretty effective. Is it extinct...no way...but basically under control...Baseball will be in a few years as well.

I was talking to a college football player for a D1 school the other day, and he seemed almost positive that there is alot of steroid use in the NFL. I disagreed with him, but it's just some food for though. He's a little closer to the scene than most of us.

Back
Top Bottom