Steve Steve Steve... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Steve Steve...

Smith has always seemed like a highly volatile guy to me. I think the unfollowing thing is way overblown and taken too far here by Smith. I do agree with him, though, that most players would be better off staying away from social media and focusing on their careers.

Trying to listen to a Steve Smith analysis is almost as tough as reading an Omar Kelly article and staying awake.

So Steve Smith is going to preach how to be a good soldier, and act maturely? Has he forgotten who he was/is/will always be?

To this point I have not heard of Rosen punching someone out, so until that happens, Mr Smith needs to just keep quiet...Oh and if your going to be on the air, learn to be able to making your points without stumpling so much...Brutally tough to listen to.

Watched this live when it happened, it was funny as hell. Smith just started going off it, no one took him seriously on the rest of the set and neither should any of us. The point I think he was trying to make was that Rosen should be more professional, where his only evidence was Josh unfollowing the Cards after they selected Murray and put him clearly on the trade block. Everything else we saw from Rosen , pre and post draft was respectful and totally professional. Smith rant was nothing more than entertainment, I think that's why he's on NFLN to provide moments like this, he's a sideshow act.

Watched this live when it happened, it was funny as hell. Smith just started going off it, no one took him seriously on the rest of the set and neither should any of us. The point I think he was trying to make was that Rosen should be more professional, where his only evidence was Josh unfollowing the Cards after they selected Murray and put him clearly on the trade block. Everything else we saw from Rosen , pre and post draft was respectful and totally professional. Smith rant was nothing more than entertainment, I think that's why he's on NFLN to provide moments like this, he's a sideshow act.
The most interesting thing is that's the case is that Omar tweeted it out with something like "this legend is preaching the truth" or some agenda-driven driven like that.

MANDO AND OMAR DUMB AND DUMBER.jpg

Smith has always seemed like a highly volatile guy to me. I think the unfollowing thing is way overblown and taken too far here by Smith. I do agree with him, though, that most players would be better off staying away from social media and focusing on their careers.

I definitely agree with it. Look, Rosen marches to the beat of his own drum and he always has. But I think it'd be a wise decision on his part to at least appear to care about some of the concerns that make people question how important football really is to him. Rosen just doesn't care. I get it. I was like that too.

I tend to go against the grain. The consensus means nothing to me. Probably why I never made it in coaching decades ago. I wanted to know why and questioned everything. I think that type of mindset is much more accepted in coaching nowdays than it was back then.

But I just watched social media cost Mack Wilson millions of dollars. He never would get off twitter and learn his assignments, despite the pleas from coaches. Players tend to want to be heard now a lot more often than they want to make the sacrifices necessary to be the best version of themselves.

I'm still waiting for Smith's tirade toward Guice, but I doubt it's coming.

Edit: The clip from Ryan Clark was funny.

I used to have some respect for Omar, but this was beyond the pale.
He owes Josh Rosen a sincere and personal apology.

I doubt if he'll get it...

I enjoyed watching Steve Smith play but he made this a WAYYYY bigger deal than it really was. Rosen showed up for mini camp (with rumors and speculation of Murray), he posted a video congratulating Murray and thanking the Zona organization for everything, and participated in a charity event in Arizona AFTER he was traded.

And Steve Smith is upset because Rosen unfollowed the Cardinals on Instagram or Twitter??? The Cardinals handled that situation pretty poorly and Rosen handled it like the best way he could have. The writing was on the wall for Rosen after the first pick and I'm sure the Cardinals told him at some point after that they would try to trade him. And Steve Smith is upset because Rosen moved on and probably got tired of seeing his feed blowing up with Murray and speculation of him being traded somewhere. Was he supposed to never move on? Steve Smith is not the brightest guy and sounds like he has some strong unjustified opinions of Rosen for whatever reason and same with Omar.

Those of you in the Miami area, have you tried to contact the Editors of the Herald to complain about Omar's lack of journalistic standards?

Back
Top Bottom