Steve Wyche NFLN : Believes the Orton deal still gets done! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Steve Wyche NFLN : Believes the Orton deal still gets done!

I don't think this is going to happen. I wouldn't mind Matt Flynn.

FYI, I was at the Denver Broncos website and on their message board they were saying that it was reported that the Dolphins were set to deal a 2nd for Orton but when Orton heard how much $ Kolb got he decided that he should get more $ than Kolb got. That's what at least temporarily scuttled the trade.

if Ireland went for Bradshaw instead of Bush, Orton instead of Moore...then you could say he's making the right moves. I have no doubt that Bush will better our offense, but Bradshaw would have made it FAR better.
Bradshaw's marginal value doesn't justify the marginal cost. Not sure what his final contract will be, but no way is Bradshaw nearly twice as good as Bush.

FYI, I was at the Denver Broncos website and on their message board they were saying that it was reported that the Dolphins were set to deal a 2nd for Orton but when Orton heard how much $ Kolb got he decided that he should get more $ than Kolb got. That's what at least temporarily scuttled the trade.

Can't blame him. Any other player would do the same thing in his situation.

The Kolb deal really screwed things up.

My confidence in Ireland went up a bit w/ the Burnett signing. I think he's making the right moves.

signing another ex-cowboy gave you confidence in him? Really!

When was he a Cowboy? Going thru training camp as an UDFA doesn't cut it.

Burnett was a cowboy his 1st 4 seasons. I know you were referring to Moore, which is not who they were talking about.
Still, they're both Guys Ireland helped bring into the league. So like Tuna.

Burnett was a cowboy his 1st 4 seasons. I know you were referring to Moore, which is not who they were talking about.
Still, they're both Guys Ireland helped bring into the league. So like Tuna.

You're right, I didn't read the post MikeO was responding to, I just assumed he was criticizing Ireland for the Moore signing. I can't imagine anyone criticizing him for the Burnett signing, but the being Finheaven, I guess that's possible too.

if Ireland went for Bradshaw instead of Bush, Orton instead of Moore...then you could say he's making the right moves. I have no doubt that Bush will better our offense, but Bradshaw would have made it FAR better.

I think you could be over-rating Bradshaw.... who gets all the glory in the giants offense, like Derrick Ward did the year before.
Ward cashed in with the Bucs last year, and will never be heard from again ! Bradshaw has serious injury concerns, ball control issues, and has 1 year wonder written all over him. He'll go for the $$$$$.

Back
Top Bottom