STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO | Page 12 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STEVEN ROSS : HUGE MAJOR WEAKNESS THAT NEEDS TO GO

Clearly better, not including the Pats?

Off the top of my head, I'd stay Steelers, Packers, Ravens, Titans, Saints, Chiefs, Indy, Seattle. That's eight that I think you'd have a pretty strong consensus are considerably better. The Broncos ownership has been in flux, but its leadership has been strong regardless of who has been calling the shots over the last decade-plus. The Giants have been stable and well run for decades under Mara ... one could argue that they are slow to change, but, in general, it's been a pretty good franchise. The Eagles are well run. The Pegulas have done nice things with the Bills over the last few years, as has Bidwell with the Cardinals.

There are several others that I think most who follow such things would generally say have been better than Ross, but, these, IMO, have been pretty securely above the Dolphins management for the last roughly a decade.

And your point is?
It's the same point as I've been making this whole thread: Nobody hears our barking. Your post is correct, but your posting it doesn't increase the chances the Dolphins will address it. Same thing with talking about Ross, unless you are Garfinkel or Tannenbaum or someone that advises him, he's not going to hire someone just because Finheaven is unanimous that he should. Either all aspects of the team are subject to critique or none of them are. It's all observation, reasoning, venting, whether it's a position, coaching, the front office or the ownership.

It's the same point as I've been making this whole thread: Nobody hears our barking. Your post is correct, but your posting it doesn't increase the chances the Dolphins will address it. Same thing with talking about Ross, unless you are Garfinkel or Tannenbaum or someone that advises him, he's not going to hire someone just because Finheaven is unanimous that he should. Either all aspects of the team are subject to critique or none of them are. It's all observation, reasoning, venting, whether it's a position, coaching, the front office or the ownership.
I cant' say why, it's a secret. But you have not listed the reason why I brought this up.

The Ever Watching VIPER

Clearly better, not including the Pats?

Off the top of my head, I'd stay Steelers, Packers, Ravens, Titans, Saints, Chiefs, Indy, Seattle. That's eight that I think you'd have a pretty strong consensus are considerably better. The Broncos ownership has been in flux, but its leadership has been strong regardless of who has been calling the shots over the last decade-plus. The Giants have been stable and well run for decades under Mara ... one could argue that they are slow to change, but, in general, it's been a pretty good franchise. The Eagles are well run. The Pegulas have done nice things with the Bills over the last few years, as has Bidwell with the Cardinals.

There are several others that I think most who follow such things would generally say have been better than Ross, but, these, IMO, have been pretty securely above the Dolphins management for the last roughly a decade.
Hey PC, so eight. So out of those eight how much has ownership contributed to winning over the past 20 years. Oh and Indy have not been very good since Manning left, so there is that.

The Ever Quantifying VIPER

Hey PC, so eight. So out of those eight how much has ownership contributed to winning over the past 20 years. Oh and Indy have not been very good since Manning left, so there is that.

The Ever Quantifying VIPER

That was eight that I said without a doubt would be seen as better ownership than what the Dolphins have. I left out the Bucs, BTW. They're clearly there, too. Plus, I didn't include the Cowboys, but I bet if you asked impartial critics, most would say Jerry Jones has been a much superior owner to Stephen Ross.

I think if you'd look in all 10 of those, the teams have been pretty consistent winners. Certainly more than us.

BTW, since Manning left, Indy has four 11-win seasons and a 10-win season, and they've finished in the top two of their division seven out of eleven years. They're also 4-2 against us in that span, and our wins have both been by 4 points, so if you're going to say the Colts haven't been that good what exactly does that tell us about the Dolphins?

Back
Top Bottom