Still Banking On Tanking? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still Banking On Tanking?

I don't see the issue here...Rosen will be as awesome as the bearded one at losing on this squad. Now if they really want to take it to another level go get Henne back in the lineup. He is the equivalent of Curtis Painter and could really make this season fun.
Speaking of Curtis... Where was the media moaning and groaning that season. Oh...oh i remember... It was Indy so they were intitled to a top qb to replace the hof qb they lost.

I never thought they were tanking in the 1st place, just killed what little chance the had to be competitive once Tunsil, Stills, and Fitzpatrick were traded away, while they started Fitztragic over Rosen.

Miami still could get the overall #1 pick, but that depends on how Rosen does. I have a feeling the defense is going to het better as the year goes along, so it Rosen proves to have enough to awake the offense, Miami could actually pick later then people think, and I will continue to root for him to succeed in huge way, while the Steelers and Texans fall on their face hard.

I believe with some luck, and players growing, they could win 4-5 games.
Did you write this with a straight face??

Starting Rosen over Fitzpatrick just reinforces the tank.

The saving grace of Rosen's career so far is that he got Arizona Kyler Murray.

All in. 100%

0-16.

I like Rosen. Seems a great intelligent kid. I hope his career survives the season behind this line is all (serious).

I really hate that this site has become "either you're 100% for this, or you're 100% against it." There's no longer any reason or gray area. If you aren't 100% one extreme or another, then you're automatically marginalized one direction or another.

Either Rosen is the second coming of Marino, or he's utter garbage.

Either you want to throw every single game at all costs, or you think we're going to they playoffs.

Wait, what's that? You're not sold on Rosen but are excited to give him a year to prove himself? You're an idiot!

You're cheering for a win this week? You must not care about the future of this team!

You hope Rosen excels? You're a fool that doesn't understand the need to rebuild.

Whatever :rolleyes:

Anyways - my option on Rose starting - I want to take this year and see if he has "it" or not. If he plays well but the team still loses most games? Then draft a top QB next year and have a hell of a QB battle. If he plays really well and and they win a lot more than expected, then you can focus next year's draft on other needs, and always get a QB in the 2021 draft if needed. If he flat out sucks? Then you have your answer and grab one of the top QBs in the draft.

IMO, having Rosen start is as damn near a no-lose-situation as you can get.

With Rosen announced as the starter for the Cowboys game, are those claiming that we are tanking hold water...now? I mean that, seriously speaking, Rosen can indeed win more, much more, games that Magic...let's get real guys.

Tanking, now? Nah. Not anymore. Your answer(s)/comment(s)? Thanks!
Yes after the Tunsil trade it's obvious their plans changed. Starting Rosen doesn't change that. They are simply looking to see what the guy has and if he is worth investing in long term. But IMO the TANK job is in full swing.

Did you write this with a straight face??

Why, what is incorrect with what I said?

1. I have all Off-Season said Miami is not tanking, but restocking (All you need do is check anywhere I gave an opinion to see).

2. I believe Miami could still end up having the worst record, or they could win as much as 4-5 wins. If the defense continues to get better, and Rosen makes an inpact, games against the Redskins, Steelers, Bills, Jets, Giants, Bengals could be possible wins.

3. If Miami does end up with 4-5 wins, Miami will probably draft as early as 6 or as late 9.

Please tell me where I am absolutely wrong.

My issue is the term "Tanking" it just doesn't represent what the organisation is doing in my opinion.

We are installing a new culture and rebuilding our roster according to what that new culture is going to be. Yes. The tear down will result in a lot of losses and look like a "tank". But the tank is a result not the reason.

We have a QB with first round talent and we are going to start him on Sunday. This is part of the rebuilding process. We have to evaluate him to see if he will indeed turn into our franchise signal caller. He wont move the needle far but if he moves it slightly in the right direction - Awesome.

No matter who starts or doesn't start i am still banking on a better rebuild than us Dolphins fans have seen in - like forever...

Bingo!!!

The term Tanking is a simpleton word for what we really are doing.

If they want to call it a tanking let them, it obviously makes themselves feel better. In todays world anything to make someone feel better
go for it.

I've said this before.This season will go down as the most thorough rebuild ever pulled off by an NFL team period and with next year's number 1's
not counting what we can get in 2021 we'll be back before no time.

Bingo!!!

The term Tanking is a simpleton word for what we really are doing.

If they want to call it a tanking let them, it obviously makes themselves feel better. In todays world anything to make someone feel better
go for it.

I've said this before.This season will go down as the most thorough rebuild ever pulled off by an NFL team period and with next year's number 1's
not counting what we can get in 2021 we'll be back before no time.
From your typing fingers to GODS ears....Let it be Lord we have suffered long enough as fans of this bungled mess that is the Miami Dolphins.

Why, what is incorrect with what I said?

1. I have all Off-Season said Miami is not tanking, but restocking (All you need do is check anywhere I gave an opinion to see).

2. I believe Miami could still end up having the worst record, or they could win as much as 4-5 wins. If the defense continues to get better, and Rosen makes an inpact, games against the Redskins, Steelers, Bills, Jets, Giants, Bengals could be possible wins.

3. If Miami does end up with 4-5 wins, Miami will probably draft as early as 6 or as late 9.

Please tell me where I am absolutely wrong.

You can’t win. If we do win 4 or 5 games the guys saying we won’t will just thank you personally for the meaningless wins like you had something to do with it. Nature of Finheaven, nobody would say you were correct.

Grier made sure no qb will thrive this season. The tank is still good as gold at the bank.
I imagine grier made it so hard so if Rosen looks good he can sell him for more first round picks. collect them all like Pokemon

It's certainly not a retool! It's a freaking tear down. We tearing the team to the ground and doing a rebuild from the ground up. There are those that were not part of the future and they are gone. There are those that other teams coveted to the point of ridiculousness and they are gone. Contracts that were nuts are also gone. So, what remains is a roster of young, hungry players that have bought in to the system and are working very hard every day to improve. Slowly but surely they will get better but not quick enough to save this season. This is a 1-3 win team right now imo and that's fine because that insures our opportunity to grab Tua. Once Tua is in the fold we have 160 million and about 10 draft choices to put some talent around him. Rosen may end up being Tua's back up or it could be the other way around for a while but at least our drought at QB would be over and I know that moment can't happen soon enough.

All in. 100%

0-16.

I like Rosen. Seems a great intelligent kid. I hope his career survives the season behind this line is all (serious).
Keep in mind QB's have been falling like flies this year. Ben, Foles,Brees, Cam Newton is out this week. Darnold too. Rosen getting hurt would not be a shock.

I would love for Rosen to show that he's the guy to lead the offense for the next decade plus, allowing us more freedom in the 2020 draft.

Reactions: BSQ
Back
Top Bottom