Still nothing special... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Still nothing special...

phins054

Pitbull
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong...I have stood by this team as far back as I can remember and I am not jumping off the bandwagon. But in all honesty, I think it's time for us all to admit that for all the talent this team has...They are nothing special.

There is no sense of destiny with this team that you can usually sense with other SB bound teams this time of the year. There is no sense of urgency. Hell, there is no sense of cool confidence (Patriots) in tense games/situations...But the real question that needs to be answered is...WHY?

Talent...There is definately enough talent on this team to get to a SB if not win it against a weak NFC, especially on the defensive sid of the ball. Yes the O-line is patchwork at best, but judging by the mentality of this team, even with an improved O-line do you still see the Dolphins at 11-2 now??? I don't.

Coaching...I am probably among the fewthat feel Wannstedt deserves at least one more year. Still I can only dream what a Parcells would have been able to do with a team like this after have Dallas in the playoff hunt after 3 straight 5-11 seasons...I does make you wonder...Hopefully Wanny will learn from these defeats that even small plays can make a huge difference. IE...NE looks to go for it on 4th down but Brady punts...Ball downed at the 1. Fiedler throws pick that Bruschi walks in for 6...Game over.

Leadership...This, I think, is the big area...This is where Wanny "Improved" our team with Knight and Seau...Yes they are above average players, but honestly, Seau hasn't sniffed the playoffs in 7 or 8 years and Knight was on a team very similar to ours in New Orleans...underacheivers...Personally I want this team to get NASTY and MEAN. I am sick and tired of these guys smiling and shaking hands after a loss like they are with their best friends!!!I want to see emotion on the field...I want this team to get MAD and take it out on the opposition PERIOD.

Sorry...just had to vent.

As usual, all other thoughts and comments welcome.

I really think that we are looking at an 8-8 or 9-7 season fellas....i wonder where we would fall to in the draft??

hey at least we have a first round pick...yeah!!! We have a first round pick in the next draft...right???

Originally posted by phins054
Coaching...I am probably among the few that feel Wannstedt deserves at least one more year.
Why?

At least one more year?

Assuming the team misses the playoffs, or sneaks in by getting help and goes nowhere, why would you feel there is any reason to think he would get more out of the team next year than he has this season?

If we had a string of injuries (like NE did) then I could see someone arguing he did the best he could under the circumstances. But I just cannot see what the argument is for keeping him unless there's some surprisingly strong finish and playoff run.

I'm genuinely interested to hear what your reasons would be.

Originally posted by phins054
Hell, there is no sense of cool confidence (Patriots) in tense games/situations...But the real question that needs to be answered is...WHY?

I'm not sure I can tell you why the Dolphins don't have this, but I can tell you why the Patriots do.

I think it all stems from the game plan. The Pats seem to have an entirely different look, on offense and defense each week. The game plans are customized to fit the opponents as well as the game conditions.

Belichick and his staff are masters at identifying where and how the team is most likely to have success each week. We've seen the Pats win high scoring games, such as at Indy, as well as smash mouth defensive battles, such as yesterday.

The players have completely bought into the notion that the game plan gives them a real opportunity to win each week. They do not seem to worry about individual matchups....they instead focus 100% on executing the game plan. They don't worry about weather, mile-high altitude, or any other extraneous factors, because they are confident that Belichick has already factored everything into the plan.

It sounds hokey, but that is the one thing that has stood out about this team. The game plans are effective, and the team has total confidence in them.

yeah we got a first round pick but no second again thank dave for that our first pick this year better be good cuse we have no second!!

Good point DKY...NE does prepare for the opponent, but I also think it has to do with Bradys confidence. Knowing you can win a game with the ball in your hands...Jay relies on the system and a running game...Brady does not.

NYC...I posted an answer to this elsewhere but I'll answer again. There are no other coaches out right now that I think are going to be the difference in getting us to a SB and winning it. THere are 2 that I'd like to see here but are not available and that is Parcells for a short term...Give us that Nasty attittude we need and Gruden for the long haul...He commands respect and will due whats necessary to control a team (Keyshawn)...

I hope this answers your ???

The Dolphins need to tank a season, run a complete overhaul, bring in completely different players and make a new mentality, and start anew.

Seriously.

Back
Top Bottom