Stock Up - Stock Down | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stock Up - Stock Down

Jeudy and Wallace are the two I'd say are locked in the Top 5. Shenault, Reagor, Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Jefferson, Bowden, T. Johnson, and a couple others are in the mix for me. After Jeudy and Wallace, unless someone else (like Shenault) really separates themselves from the rest, I'd be content to see who falls to the 2nd or 3rd.
Thanks brother. One thing is for sure. with all the picks we have, we'd be crazy not to draft a WR in either round one or two.

Stock Up:

Leki Fotu / DT / Utah - Just an absolute 330 pound monster that only knows one way to play - total hustle, effort, and motor. Knocked USC's QB out on the second play of the game. Continued to be a force in the backfield in a losing effort with a TFL and a forced fumble where he got into the backfield and just slung Stephen Carr to the ground. Fotu is as physically intimidating and impressive of a defensive lineman as there is in college football.

Zack Baun / LB / Wisconsin - Wrecked Michigan all game - showed ability to split double teams and affect plays in the backfield.

Stock Down:

Nick Starkel / QB / Arkansas - As I mentioned previously, Chad Morris switching to Starkel from Ben Hicks was going to provide the ability to move the offense, but also provide the turnovers. Starkel threw the ball to the team wearing blue and yellow 5 times. You can't lose this game at home to San Jose St. But that's what happened.

Ian Book / QB / Notre Dame - The threat of the downfield pass just isn't there for Notre Dame. Allowing defenses like Georgia's to not have to worry about defending the entire field and load up the box.

Jarrett Guarantano / QB / Tennessee - Finally got benched after throwing 2 more interceptions against Florida and generally being ineffective. Coach Jeremy Pruitt was rewarded for this decision by watching freshman Brian Maurer come in and throw another interception. It's not good in Knoxville.

Stock Up:

Leki Fotu / DT / Utah - Just an absolute 330 pound monster that only knows one way to play - total hustle, effort, and motor. Knocked USC's QB out on the second play of the game. Continued to be a force in the backfield in a losing effort with a TFL and a forced fumble where he got into the backfield and just slung Stephen Carr to the ground. Fotu is as physically intimidating and impressive of a defensive lineman as there is in college football.

Zack Baun / LB / Wisconsin - Wrecked Michigan all game - showed ability to split double teams and affect plays in the backfield.

Stock Down:

Nick Starkel / QB / Arkansas - As I mentioned previously, Chad Morris switching to Starkel from Ben Hicks was going to provide the ability to move the offense, but also provide the turnovers. Starkel threw the ball to the team wearing blue and yellow 5 times. You can't lose this game at home to San Jose St. But that's what happened.

Ian Book / QB / Notre Dame - The threat of the downfield pass just isn't there for Notre Dame. Allowing defenses like Georgia's to not have to worry about defending the entire field and load up the box.

Jarrett Guarantano / QB / Tennessee - Finally got benched after throwing 2 more interceptions against Florida and generally being ineffective. Coach Jeremy Pruitt was rewarded for this decision by watching freshman Brian Maurer come in and throw another interception. It's not good in Knoxville.

Guarantano has been real bad. I thought he would have a decent year. I thought wrong.

Paulson Adebo played one hell of a game this past weekend. One of the best games I've seen from a college CB in quite some time. Kid is just starting to scratch the surface of how good he could be.

I can't join the crowd on Adebo. Judging him against Northwestern's laughable stationary offense is like the Canes fans who got excited about the defense shutting out Bethune Cookman.

Northwestern is dead last in the nation at 4.6 YPA. That is a range that is almost impossible to create in college football at this point in the season. It is the range that got the Central Michigan coach fired last season, following several good years.

Northwestern is 2 yards below any other Big Ten team in 2019 YPA.

Paulson Adebo looked absolutely miserable at UCF. The rounded shouldered Lurch qualities were on display, along with not finding the ball. Adebo didn't look much better the prior week at USC. If this thread had been fair then Adebo would have appeared as Stock Down as well as Stock Up. I saw many posts and newly started threads on some of the draft specific sites, directed at Paulson Adebo's awful performance in the UCF game.

Granted, that UCF game had some situational negatives, just like the Northwestern game was overly favorable to Stanford. Non-conference for Stanford to travel that far, the week after a conference opener at USC, did not figure to display Stanford at its best.

Still, I'm not going to get overly down on Adebo. He is tall and rangy and may have the ideal 32+ inch arms. I opposed the Xavien Howard extension largely because he is nothing special as a physical specimen, with the 31 1/4 arms. I hadn't watched a Dolphins game in 2019 until last week but nothing in that Amari Cooper/Xavien Howard matchup surprised me in the least. That is a monumental mismatch. Once guy has been special all his life. The other guy was recently made and paid as something he has never been.

I saw Amari Cooper in person at Miami Northwestern. He stood out immediately. Cris Carter pointed him out to Saban at a college camp. That started the South Florida pipeline of elite wide receivers to Alabama. I noticed they grabbed another one away from the Canes already in the 2020 class, a kid from Carol City.

Deejay Dallas is Stock Up this season solely because he lost the absurd amount of weight that he somehow gained between the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Navaughn Donaldson is Stock Down for the Canes. He had a decent opener against Florida but has been a disaster in subsequent games. Miami simply has an inept conditioning program regarding offensive linemen. It shows up every year. Donaldson has always had a weight problem but it is really out of hand this season.

Note this clip from last week's game against Central Michigan. The play happened smack in front of me. It is a comedy of errors from the entire Miami offensive line. #55 Donaldson blocks nobody. As I pointed out in a related thread on CanesInsight, this play was actually the highlight of the 3-play offensive series. The prior play was initially called a safety before barely being reversed on replay. The play following this clip was a safety:

Unless the superior coaching at Alabama and competition corrects the fumbling issue. He’s still more talented than anyone in Bama’s backfield. Point was , Taylor’s not putting up numbers because he’s a Wisconsin.

Eh, don't agree with this at all.

Jonathon Taylor has certainly produced a lot more and is more accomplished, but from a pure talent standpoint -- he's not more talented than Najee Harris. Faster, but not more talented on the whole. Najee is bigger.

That said, I really like Taylor as an NFL prospect should he find a way to go the Tiki Barber route in terms of learning how to protect the rock better...

Last edited:
Deejay Dallas is Stock Up this season solely because he lost the absurd amount of weight that he somehow gained between the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

Navaughn Donaldson is Stock Down for the Canes. He had a decent opener against Florida but has been a disaster in subsequent games. Miami simply has an inept conditioning program regarding offensive linemen. It shows up every year. Donaldson has always had a weight problem but it is really out of hand this season.

Note this clip from last week's game against Central Michigan. The play happened smack in front of me. It is a comedy of errors from the entire Miami offensive line. #55 Donaldson blocks nobody. As I pointed out in a related thread on CanesInsight, this play was actually the highlight of the 3-play offensive series. The prior play was initially called a safety before barely being reversed on replay. The play following this clip was a safety:

It really is surprising how bad the lines for Miami and FSU have been the last 5 years or so. A UM offensive line should not be getting ragdolled by a Central Michigan defensive front.

Stock Up:

Devonta Smith / WR / Alabama - Smitty set an Alabama single game record for receiving yards and receiving TD's against Ole Miss (274 yards, 5 TD's). Nobody outside the program realizes Smitty already has the best hands among Bama's receivers, along with being the best blocker.

Bryce Perkins / QB / Virginia - Needs to have that internal clock to know when to get rid of the football - but against Notre Dame is the best I've ever seen him pass the football.

Julian Okwara / DE-LB / Notre Dame - This kid is what kept Perkins from actually climbing a rung this week among my Senior QB's. Was just unblockable and completely dominated the game in it's crucial moments against UVA. As one analyst put it - Okwara made sure Perkins knew what his breath smelled like Saturday.

SMU - Ranked in the AP Top 25 (coming in at #24) for the first time since receiving the Death Penalty over 30 years ago.

Stock Down:

Josh Jackson / QB / Maryland - That was just an awful performance at home Friday night in a game where Maryland was looking to make a statement with #12 Penn St. paying a visit.

Mack Brown / HC / UNC - Just a horrible decision to go for 2 there at home. Even if you get it, there's still over a minute left and a FG beats you. UNC outplayed and outcoached Clemson all day - until right there at the end. Even if you are going to go for 2 there, come up with something better than an option to your lead footed freshman QB. Coach blew it against the #1 ranked team in the country. Plain and simple.

Stock Up:

Devonta Smith / WR / Alabama - Smitty set an Alabama single game record for receiving yards and receiving TD's against Ole Miss (274 yards, 5 TD's). Nobody outside the program realizes Smitty already has the best hands among Bama's receivers, along with being the best blocker.

Bryce Perkins / QB / Virginia - Needs to have that internal clock to know when to get rid of the football - but against Notre Dame is the best I've ever seen him pass the football.

Julian Okwara / DE-LB / Notre Dame - This kid is what kept Perkins from actually climbing a rung this week among my Senior QB's. Was just unblockable and completely dominated the game in it's crucial moments against UVA. As one analyst put it - Okwara made sure Perkins knew what his breath smelled like Saturday.

SMU - Ranked in the AP Top 25 (coming in at #24) for the first time since receiving the Death Penalty over 30 years ago.

Stock Down:

Josh Jackson / QB / Maryland - That was just an awful performance at home Friday night in a game where Maryland was looking to make a statement with #12 Penn St. paying a visit.

Mack Brown / HC / UNC - Just a horrible decision to go for 2 there at home. Even if you get it, there's still over a minute left and a FG beats you. UNC outplayed and outcoached Clemson all day - until right there at the end. Even if you are going to go for 2 there, come up with something better than an option to your lead footed freshman QB. Coach blew it against the #1 ranked team in the country. Plain and simple.

I don't disagree with going for two again Clemson. Things were unraveling for UNC at the end there and they had to convert a couple of 4th downs to get to that point.

They play call itself i do disagree with though.

I don't disagree with going for two again Clemson. Things were unraveling for UNC at the end there and they had to convert a couple of 4th downs to get to that point.

They play call itself i do disagree with though.

If I was the coach we would've kicked the extra point and the game wouldn't have ended there. Think whatever you want.

I'll update this for you guys

Stock down: Jordan Love

Stock up: Joe Burrow

Wrong answer blake the snake.

Stock Up:

Benito Jones / DT / Ole Miss - Dominated Vanderbilt's interior offensive line. Harassed Riley Neal and shut down the inside run of Ke'shawn Vaughn.

Cam Jefferies / CB / Cincinnati - Had a nice game against a big time NFL prospect at WR in Gabriel Davis for UCF. Davis still had a big game when not matched up with Jefferies, but Jefferies and the defense was the big reason Cincy upset UCF.

Jake Luton / QB / Oregon St. - Had a big game throwing for 11 yards/attempt, 5 TD's and no interceptions in a 48-31 win over the hapless Chip Kellys. He's thrown 14 TD's and not a single interception through 5 games this season. Oregon St. can't play defense - but the offense can score.

Jordyn Brooks / LB / Texas Tech - 19 Tackles, 4 TFL's, 3 sacks, 1 QB Hurry, in Tech's 10 point upset victory over #21 Oklahoma St.

Cale Garrett / LB / Missouri - 5 tackles, 2 QB Hurries, 2 TFL's, 2 interceptions (1 returned for a TD) in a defensive smothering of Troy. Missouri ranks 2nd in the country in total defense through the first 5 weeks of the season - Cale Garrett is the main reason why.

Omar Bayless / WR / Arkansas St. - Leads the country in receiving yards (843) and receiving TD's (10). Big 6'3", 207 pound receiver has a chance to make it in the NFL as a 4th wide receiver.

Adam Trautman / TE / Dayton - Another monster game for the best TE nobody really knows about playing at FCS Dayton.

Stock Down:

Jalen Reagor / WR / TCU - Still extremely talented - I'm just a little concerned about the fumbling. Already 5 fumbles (losing 2) in 5 games.

I'll update this for you guys

Stock down: Jordan Love

Stock up: Joe Burrow

Stock way up on Burrow from last year but I took another look and there's only so high you can take it. Burrow will turn 23 before the bowl game. Typically that is a sucker sign when a quarterback is taking college snaps beyond his 23rd birthday. I warned about that with Tannehill, who never started a collegiate season opener at quarterback until beyond his 23rd birthday.

On the flip side from Tannehill, Burrow is a smart ultra competitive guy who has a father for a coach. His father used to pay a service to tape his son's games beginning when Joe was in third grade. They would break down the games at home. That's one of the reasons Ohio State recruited Burrow even though otherwise his recruiting list includes schools like Cincinnati, Central Michigan and East Carolina. Urban Meyer sent Tom Herman to recruit Burrow. Herman said that Burrow knew the game of football as well as any junior he ever recruited.

Jordan Love is a work in progress. My concern about him is the lack of ideal touch. That's why my comparison for him has always been Dan Pastorini. I realize that's an obscure name from long ago. Pastorini likewise was an athletic small school guy who got picked very night in the first round. Even in college I noted that his preference and skill set was line drive or semi-line drive trajectory on every play, even if the evolving play was better suited to a drop in the bucket like Matt Leinart.

One player that really caught my eye the past weekend was the TE Colby Parkinson.
Unsure if he qualifies as stock up but if he enters the draft I'd look at him R2 - R3 for sure.
Rumor has it Stanford has produced a few decent NFL TEs...

Stock way up on Burrow from last year but I took another look and there's only so high you can take it. Burrow will turn 23 before the bowl game. Typically that is a sucker sign when a quarterback is taking college snaps beyond his 23rd birthday. I warned about that with Tannehill, who never started a collegiate season opener at quarterback until beyond his 23rd birthday.

On the flip side from Tannehill, Burrow is a smart ultra competitive guy who has a father for a coach. His father used to pay a service to tape his son's games beginning when Joe was in third grade. They would break down the games at home. That's one of the reasons Ohio State recruited Burrow even though otherwise his recruiting list includes schools like Cincinnati, Central Michigan and East Carolina. Urban Meyer sent Tom Herman to recruit Burrow. Herman said that Burrow knew the game of football as well as any junior he ever recruited.

Jordan Love is a work in progress. My concern about him is the lack of ideal touch. That's why my comparison for him has always been Dan Pastorini. I realize that's an obscure name from long ago. Pastorini likewise was an athletic small school guy who got picked very night in the first round. Even in college I noted that his preference and skill set was line drive or semi-line drive trajectory on every play, even if the evolving play was better suited to a drop in the bucket like Matt Leinart.

Exactly. Burrow is already my #3 Senior quarterback and he'll never pass Herbert as the top Senior QB on my board. Burrow can realistically only climb one more rung and he's going to have to negotiate the second half of that SEC schedule to do that.

For all the hype after the Texas game, turns out that might be the worst defense he played out of all the bad defenses LSU has played to this point. The truth is coming though. No need to rush.

Back
Top Bottom