Stock Up - Stock Down | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stock Up - Stock Down

Wait until the combine. Taylor’s going to put up some freaky numbers. He’d start for ANYBODY.

He wouldn’t start at Alabama fumbling the football 12 times over the past 2 seasons.

Ball security is an issue.

He wouldn’t start at Alabama fumbling the football 12 times over the past 2 seasons.

Ball security is an issue.

Unless the superior coaching at Alabama and competition corrects the fumbling issue. He’s still more talented than anyone in Bama’s backfield. Point was , Taylor’s not putting up numbers because he’s a Wisconsin.

Stock up:

Jaylon Jones / CB / Ole Miss - Welcome back to health and back to college football. Suffered a season ending injury in the season opener last year. I thought he played a heck of a game in a losing effort vs Memphis.

Greg Eisworth / S / Iowa St. - When he hits you - it’s over. Kid has some John Lynch in him.

JaTarvious Whitlow / RB / Auburn - Tough tough runner inside. Only a RS sophomore. He battered Oregon’s defense into submission running into a loaded box in the 2nd half. Hard to overstate how important his tough running was in the win vs Oregon.

Marvin Wilson / DT / Florida St. - I thought he showed why I had him as my #2 underclassman DT to start the season. 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1TFL, 1PBU, 2 hurries & 1 forced fumble vs Boise St.

Paulson Adebo / CB / Stanford - This kid’s athleticism, fluid hips and ball skills were all on display and a big reason Northwestern was shutout until the 4th quarter.

Stock Down:

Rashad Robinson / CB / James Madison - Roasted by Florida St. transfer George Campbell for an easy touchdown. Needs to stay healthy also.

Tennessee Volunteers - You can’t lose games like this to Georgia St. when you’re a young program on the rise. Defense was horrific.

Jake Bentley / QB / S. Carolina - I give up on Bentley. I’m just done.

Tyler Johnson / WR / Minnesota - Played a terrible game vs SDSU. Dropped nearly everything.

Willie Taggart / HC / Florida St. - I questioned this hire from the beginning. He’s in over his head at FSU. You just can’t play winning football with offensive line play that poor.

Stock up:

Jaylon Jones / CB / Ole Miss - Welcome back to health and back to college football. Suffered a season ending injury in the season opener last year. I thought he played a heck of a game in a losing effort vs Memphis.

Greg Eisworth / S / Iowa St. - When he hits you - it’s over. Kid has some John Lynch in him.

JaTarvious Whitlow / RB / Auburn - Tough tough runner inside. Only a RS sophomore. He battered Oregon’s defense into submission running into a loaded box in the 2nd half. Hard to overstate how important his tough running was in the win vs Oregon.

Marvin Wilson / DT / Florida St. - I thought he showed why I had him as my #2 underclassman DT to start the season. 6 tackles, 1 sack, 1TFL, 1PBU, 2 hurries & 1 forced fumble vs Boise St.

Paulson Adebo / CB / Stanford - This kid’s athleticism, fluid hips and ball skills were all on display and a big reason Northwestern was shutout until the 4th quarter.

Stock Down:

Rashad Robinson / CB / James Madison - Roasted by Florida St. transfer George Campbell for an easy touchdown. Needs to stay healthy also.

Tennessee Volunteers - You can’t lose games like this to Georgia St. when you’re a young program on the rise. Defense was horrific.

Tyler Johnson / WR / Minnesota - Played a terrible game vs SDSU. Dropped nearly everything.

Willie Taggart / HC / Florida St. - I questioned this hire from the beginning. He’s in over his head at FSU. You just can’t play winning football with offensive line play that poor.

Offensive line play has been abysmal at FSU since 2014 and it was yesterday. With that said, it's hard not to put the blame on a defense that gave up 600 yards to a MWC team starting a true freshman QB. Taggart is learning why no one poached Harlon Barnett from MSU.

Offensive line play has been abysmal at FSU since 2014 and it was yesterday. With that said, it's hard not to put the blame on a defense that gave up 600 yards to a MWC team starting a true freshman QB. Taggart is learning why no one poached Harlon Barnett from MSU.

Saving the blame for the defense when they give up 60 to Clemson. It’s a long season.

Stock up:

Stock Down:

Love what I've seen from Adebo. After Okudah, he looks like the CB with the highest ceiling. Caveat, as always, I'm not as far along as you.

Stock up:

Stock Down:

I've known Taggart since high school, have gone out with him a number of times while he was coaching at USF and I think it is becoming apparent that the job is too big for him. That was actually the case at USF as well. He really struggled early on and eventually brought in his high school coach (a legendary coach in Florida) to help correct things (I coached under this coach for awhile and like all coaches in a particular area would get together from time to time). His guidance, playcalling in the redzone and help with the halftime adjustments really turned that program around for him. Willie gets the Job in Oregon and his ol coach goes back to retirement.

I can't tell you much about Oregon, but I assume having Mario and Leavett around really made a huge difference and I truly believe he thought both would come with him to FSU (the fact that they didn't actually speak volumes). I think he did need a few more years in a program like Oregon, some seasoning before getting a job like FSU, but when opportunity presents itself you don't let it pass. He is a skilled recruiter, but he has shown that he really does struggle on game day and if this season goes the way last season went, he will be out at FSU.

Paulson Adebo played one hell of a game this past weekend. One of the best games I've seen from a college CB in quite some time. Kid is just starting to scratch the surface of how good he could be.

Man Tua looked sharp..dont care if it was duke, don’t care about his great weapons, evaluation is done imo in isolation first, his responsibilities were executed sharply and at warp speed.

Last edited:
I’ve seen a couple missile lbs one at auburn and one at Oklahoma this past weekend.

Both arrive with bad intentions. Oklahoma kid looks a little more run and chase to me.

Carlos Basham had a hell of a day against Utah State. He's 6'5" & 275 lbs and all man. Wake Forest went 3-man rush exclusively late in the game, and it came off like a 5-man rush because of him.

It was vs Oklahoma St, but Isaiah Hodgins looked outstanding. Excited for his matchups with some quality Pac 12 CB's (Stanford, Oregon, and Washington), but he's very fluid for a 6'4 WR, and he uses his size well.

I've known Taggart since high school, have gone out with him a number of times while he was coaching at USF and I think it is becoming apparent that the job is too big for him. That was actually the case at USF as well. He really struggled early on and eventually brought in his high school coach (a legendary coach in Florida) to help correct things (I coached under this coach for awhile and like all coaches in a particular area would get together from time to time). His guidance, playcalling in the redzone and help with the halftime adjustments really turned that program around for him. Willie gets the Job in Oregon and his ol coach goes back to retirement.

I can't tell you much about Oregon, but I assume having Mario and Leavett around really made a huge difference and I truly believe he thought both would come with him to FSU (the fact that they didn't actually speak volumes). I think he did need a few more years in a program like Oregon, some seasoning before getting a job like FSU, but when opportunity presents itself you don't let it pass. He is a skilled recruiter, but he has shown that he really does struggle on game day and if this season goes the way last season went, he will be out at FSU.
You live in Bradenton? Me too

Funny story how the Kannan stuff has come out recently. A coach that coached with Kannan told me he was in a meeting room with Willie and Kannan at USF where Kannan told willie to stop running that offense. It doesn’t work. “Here’s what you need to do”.

Back
Top Bottom