Stock Up - Stock Down | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stock Up - Stock Down

That kid Ruggs has serious juice after the catch. Like it’s another level. That gear with the ball in his hands.

Crazy that most people had Tylan Wallace outside the Top 5 WR's heading into the season. Through 2 games: 10 catches, 272 yards, 5 TD. He wins everywhere.

Stock Up:

Joe Burrow / QB / LSU - Kid was money all night against the blitz vs Texas.

Mustafa Johnson / DT / Colorado - #4 underclassman DT in my rankings dominated the game in the 2nd half of the comeback win vs Nebraska to the tune of 3 TFL’s, 3 sacks, 1 Hurry & 1 forced fumble.

Lloyd Cushenberry / C / LSU - Big reason why the QB’s were able to have such monster games.

Zach Shackleford / C / Texas - See Cushenberry.

Tristan Wirfs / OT / Iowa - Started the game at LT in place of injured Alaric Jackson - started playing his normal RT position about midway through the 2nd quarter. Flip flopped back and forth all game. Stud.

Army - Forget about Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, Oklahoma, Ohio St. - this is the team you don’t want to schedule. They’re going to hold the ball and pound you with it for 40 minutes and make you look bad. They force you to align unbalanced, attack the bubble in your defensive front, and consistently get the numbers advantage at the point of attack.

Stock Down:

Shea Patterson / QB / Michigan - Inaccurate throws, fumbles, wrong reads on zone reads - you name it.

Kristian Fulton / CB / LSU - Abused and penalized all night in coverage against Texas WR’s. Sloppy game for Fulton.

Kellen Mond / QB / Texas A&M - Couldn’t hit water if he fell out of a boat.

Last edited:
I just finished reading an article on North Carolina and its apparent rise. The article mentions 4 players on the roster as being NFL quality type players. What's your opinions on Edge Rushers: Jason Strowbridge, Tomon Fox, Safety: Myles Dorn and QB: Sam Howell?

I just finished reading an article on North Carolina and its apparent rise. The article mentions 4 players on the roster as being NFL quality type players. What's your opinions on Edge Rushers: Jason Strowbridge, Tomon Fox, Safety: Myles Dorn and QB: Sam Howell?

Strowbridge is really just more of a 5T - Fox plays the Orakpo role in Mack's defense - Sam Howell is a true freshman that's played 2 games.

The best one is probably the nose tackle Aaron Crawford.

You can get a really good idea how I rank all these guys in my position threads stickied at the top of this forum.

Nick Starkel legitimately belongs in this conversation for Stock Up/Stock Down.

He won the starting job under Chad Morris at Arkansas, started his first game, and the offense exploded from largely inept with Ben Hicks at quarterback to scoring 54 points against Colorado State. This was an Arkansas offense that scored 20 against Portland State and 17 against Ole Miss.

Credit where it's due. Starkel is now 41 of 64 for 554 yards, 4 TD, 1 INT with 2 sacks for -13 yards.

Stock Up:

Gabriel Davis / WR / UCF - Absolutely worked Paulson Adebo in their one-on-one matchup.

Cheyenne O’Grady / TE / Arkansas - Kid is so physical and so hard to bring down. Kill shots by safeties just bounce off of him.

Stock Down:

K.J. Costello / QB / Stanford - Missing his stud LT Walker Little, but Costello is just an average QB prospect. Very reliant on the surrounding talent.

Khalil Tate had a bad day at the office, despite getting the W and walking away with a stat line that you'd say isn't necessarily too bad.

He had that Johnny Manziel look to him in this game, under-prepared and flying by the seat of his pants. He made some bad decisions and some worse throws. It was a reminder why it's hard to put him too high up despite the plutonium grade talent.

Can we do non-eligible for Stock Up and Stock Down?

Because goodness me, Dillon Gabriel was slingin it against Stanford.

Broke Tua's record for passing yards in Hawaii.

Dillon Gabriel went to the same high school as McKenzie Milton. Kid has poise and a live arm. Gabe Davis was absolutely dominating the preseason All American Adebo.

Crazy that most people had Tylan Wallace outside the Top 5 WR's heading into the season. Through 2 games: 10 catches, 272 yards, 5 TD. He wins everywhere.
Now that he's played 3 games he's up to 15 catches, 390 yards and 6 TD's with 26 yards per catch. Who'd be you top 5?

Now that he's played 3 games he's up to 15 catches, 390 yards and 6 TD's with 26 yards per catch. Who'd be you top 5?

Jeudy and Wallace are the two I'd say are locked in the Top 5. Shenault, Reagor, Lamb, Higgins, Ruggs, Jefferson, Bowden, T. Johnson, and a couple others are in the mix for me. After Jeudy and Wallace, unless someone else (like Shenault) really separates themselves from the rest, I'd be content to see who falls to the 2nd or 3rd.

Back
Top Bottom