Stokes to Become Asst GM | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stokes to Become Asst GM

I guess this will mean changes in the scouting department, can't say that makes me sad

Yea Licht is clearing house, hired a pats bigshot this morning. Plenty more fired Tampa guys will flock to Miami... joy lol

Yea Licht is clearing house, hired a pats bigshot this morning. Plenty more fired Tampa guys will flock to Miami... joy lol

Not sure if I like the fact that we're becoming Tampa Bay east, although I'm a bigger fan of this draft than most in recent history so I guess time will tell

Not sure if I like the fact that we're becoming Tampa Bay east, although I'm a bigger fan of this draft than most in recent history so I guess time will tell

hiring a scouting team with as little success as our last 1 is an interesting way to improve. Oh well, if this years draft isnt a hit then it wont matter, no playoffs next year and Philbin, Hickey and everyone else will be gone anyway.

hiring a scouting team with as little success as our last 1 is an interesting way to improve. Oh well, if this years draft isnt a hit then it wont matter, no playoffs next year and Philbin, Hickey and everyone else will be gone anyway.

Doubt it. Maybe Philbin, but I doubt Ross would give Hickey just one year.

He is obviously a guy who Dennis Hickey knows and trusts. They probably work well together.
Stephen Ross made the big decision to appoint Hickey as GM and I think that he has made a good start. I fully support him getting the key people around him that he wants.

We have Hickey because Ross wanted a GM who would specifically work with Philbin. If Philbin goes then Ross will want a big name, throwing record money at Harbaugh or someone like that, a big name coach will blow up the entire building and bring in his own guys. Every1 gets fired if this year goes badly

We have Hickey because Ross wanted a GM who would specifically work with Philbin. If Philbin goes then Ross will want a big name, throwing record money at Harbaugh or someone like that, a big name coach will blow up the entire building and bring in his own guys. Every1 gets fired if this year goes badly

Yea and everyone was speculating the same thing when Ireland was on the hotseat. So, I see your point. I just don't see it panning out that way. And honestly, even if we miss the playoffs, I think Ross likes Philbin enough to give the GM & Coach a few years together...especially when it's well known that Ireland and Philbin wanted different players. You guys always seem to want too many changes, IMO. Keep making GM & Coach changes every year and w're going to keep getting the same results.

I actually thought Tampa had some nice talent on the team at the start of last season but the coach completely lost the team and Freeman regressed big time under Schiano. Like any GM if you miss on the QB you're not long for your job but they had a terrible coach along with a bad QB -- wouldn't have mattered if every other player they added was a probowler, that team was always dead in the water.

As good as that sounds I just don't believe Ross has the balls to do that. He probably pulled Hickey aside and promised that no matter what he will still have a shot next season. IF we completely fail next season I want to clean house completely and if Ross isn't able to do just that, then I want him gone too!

... but of course none of this is happening since we have Tannehill taking us to the playoffs this year!

I don't see Hickey getting canned too quickly either. My worry is that we're going to get caught in a leapfrog pattern where we change the head coach in a year, then we change the GM in 3 years, then a new coach in 5, then a new GM in 7... I'm not sure Ross has it in him to totally clean house in any given year.

Not so sure. I think that might be why they hired Hickey instead of a bigger name. If Philbin is gone it might open the door to someone that wants/demands total control. If someone only wanted to come here if Hickey was gone, I don't think Hickey sticks. Then again a lot comes down to how things go this year. If the team is 5-11 I don't think Ross would have a problem firing then both for the right replacement.

Back
Top Bottom