Stop 1 draft pick in the last 10 years. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop 1 draft pick in the last 10 years.

I'd would have drafted Wilfork over Carey which is what I wanted to do that day. This is not 20/20.......I couldn't believe Wilfork was there and then of course we passed on him for a freaking RT

Russel Wilson has to be the guy for me. Unlike QBs that came out of nowhere like Brady and Romo, Wilson was by most metrics and the simple eye test the best QB in the land that year. His stature was the only reason he wasn't getting drafted early on day one.

Other than that, Jordan, Jason Allen, Ted Ginn, Ronnie Brown......all head scratchers even at the time. Brown, Jordan, and Allen I could understand to some degree simply because it was hard to find an obvious alternative and all had tantalizing upside. The most egregious to me is Ginn when Patrick Willis was sitting there. Even at the time it was hard to see Ginn having much more success than he has had in his career and Willis looked like an all pro in the making.

I know you said 10 years and I'm not sure whether the 2010 draft technically qualifies, but I'm still salty. I was screaming and jumping up and down to draft Rob Gronkowski, and instead we drafted Koa Misi and I saw the Patriots pick up Gronk for a song merely 2 picks later. I've never been so dejected at a draft pick ... and believe me, the draft does that to me a lot.

Jeff Ireland loved drafting JAGs (Just Another Guy). Koa Misi and Jared Odrick are two prime examples of JAGs that were relatively high draft picks. Neither one of those guys did anything in college that made me think they'd be special in the pros. I remember Ireland saying after the draft that the thing he loved most about Jared Odrick was his physique and that "he just looks like a football player". That was our GM, folks. SMDH.

Charles Harris for T J Watt - Patricia White for LeSean McCoy - Dion Jordan for anybody else...

Just the thread we need 16 days away from draft day. I really hope we get it right this time.

Charles Harris over TJ Watt? FML that’s the definition of face palm.

Who’d be a GM?

Feck Matt Ryan. We passed on Aaron Rodgers

I'd would have drafted Wilfork over Carey which is what I wanted to do that day. This is not 20/20.......I couldn't believe Wilfork was there and then of course we passed on him for a freaking RT
That was one of the first ones I thought of. Carey was decent. but Wilfork should have been the pick.

Wow, reading through this thread is heartbreaking. So many misses.

I forget what year it was, but the player I least wanted the team to take in the first round was Jason Allen. Of course, that ended up being the pick. I can't recall who I wanted, but that was a major disappointment.

Davis over Matthews was another disappointment. Davis was talented, but Matthews is a potential HOF.

Hands down Dion Jordan. No one produced less as a Dolphin.

If we went another couple years out though, I would say Jake Long. Although he was a Pro-Bowler, the past decade would have been very different if we had selected Matt Ryan.

TJ Watt over Charles Harris, I liked the Cunningham kid out of Vandy over McMillan, think that was actually the same draft

I would also have drafted “a punch in the face” over Harris as well

Wow, reading through this thread is heartbreaking. So many misses.

I forget what year it was, but the player I least wanted the team to take in the first round was Jason Allen. Of course, that ended up being the pick. I can't recall who I wanted, but that was a major disappointment.

Davis over Matthews was another disappointment. Davis was talented, but Matthews is a potential HOF.

I wanted Antonio (I hate condoms) Cromartie over Allen in that draft, another present from Saban

There are plenty, but the first one that comes to mind is the 2012 NFL Draft. Without a doubt, Bobby Wagner over Jonathan Martin.

Back
Top Bottom