Stop Believing in Nonsense..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Believing in Nonsense.....

Op clearly doesn't watch college football. Most scouts and gms do. Trust me no one has Herbert above burrow.
1. I can guarantee I watch more college football than you.
2. Name one GM or scout that you know. You don’t. So your claim that all scouts and GMs have Burrow rated higher than Herbert holds no water.
At no point in my post did I say that I believe Herbert to be higher rated than Burrow. I said that since Herbert’s measurables are likely to be better than Burrow’s at the combine, that it’s not a stretch to say that some teams may high Herbert rated higher. All it takes is one team to feel that way for Herbert to be drafted before Burrow.

After Tua and Burrow are gone while Miami stays at 5, Grier will tell everyone that Herbert was the #1 player on their board. LOL. (not funny).

After Tua and Burrow are gone while Miami stays at 5, Grier will tell everyone that Herbert was the #1 player on their board. LOL. (not funny).
What's the problem with that? It is the right thing to do.

i wouldn’t be shocked if Herbert goes inside the top 5 from a trade up
Nor would I.

There's a lot of talk that Detroit is open to a possible trade, and I really believe, contrary to many here, most teams are going to shy away from an injury prone QB in Tua, in the top half of rd1.

As I have said before, I think any GM considering it will do so only with the owners explicit directive to do so.

That being said, I'm not on board with trading up for Herbert. I like him, but 5 is already a bit of a reach. I would do it though.

1. I can guarantee I watch more college football than you.
2. Name one GM or scout that you know. You don’t. So your claim that all scouts and GMs have Burrow rated higher than Herbert holds no water.
At no point in my post did I say that I believe Herbert to be higher rated than Burrow. I said that since Herbert’s measurables are likely to be better than Burrow’s at the combine, that it’s not a stretch to say that some teams may high Herbert rated higher. All it takes is one team to feel that way for Herbert to be drafted before Burrow.

ok bud I’m not gonna go google scouts real quick to act like i know more than someone else. But back to the original topic... just stop, your tua love is clouding your opinion. Burrow is better than both. He proved it this season clear as day unless your blind. lol.:shrug:

If Tua didn’t get hurt this year, it’s not even a conversation. He’s still the first QB off of the board. Unless his medical comes back negative or turns out to be degenerative, I’ll still like him more than Burrow. I happen to like Herbert more than Burrow because his measurables will likely test better at the combine. I’m not taking anything away from Burrow. He had the best season ever for a college QB. Burrow also played well within LSU’s offensive system in 2018. He played himself into the likely first pick of the draft. It’s just that it raises a yellow flag with me when there is such an improvement in play in one year and, as I stated in my original post, I think the offensive system that Joe Brady brought from New Orleans has a lot to do with Burrow’s eye popping numbers this year.

Nor would I.

There's a lot of talk that Detroit is open to a possible trade, and I really believe, contrary to many here, most teams are going to shy away from an injury prone QB in Tua, in the top half of rd1.

As I have said before, I think any GM considering it will do so only with the owners explicit directive to do so.

That being said, I'm not on board with trading up for Herbert. I like him, but 5 is already a bit of a reach. I would do it though.

If they like him that much, BPA at 5, hopefully a guard or LT and package the other two picks for Herbert. I mean, if they take him at 5, they’re committed to him.

From an entertainment standpoint, I can’t sit through another year of Rosen/Fitzpatrick.

If they like him that much, BPA at 5, hopefully a guard or LT and package the other two picks for Herbert. I mean, if they take him at 5, they’re committed to him.

From an entertainment standpoint, I can’t sit through another year of Rosen/Fitzpatrick.
No way I would take an OG at 5. Thats not value, IMO.

If they like Herbert, or Tua for that matter, they have to do it at 5.

The Chargers, and Panthers are picking 6 and 7. There is almost no way you can count on getting the guy if we pass at 5.

I'm not against a LT with the pick, if they don't love the QBs, but once you do that, you are likely dropping to the next level of signal callers.

No one is drafting tua or Herbert before burrow. burrow will be the first pick in the draft. Let it go. Coulda woulda shoulda blah blah blah... I called the head to head win over Alabama and the Heisman win and the national championship and the first round draft pick around 4 games in before they ever played Alabama. See if your scoutfriends and gms coulda told you that. Lol. Search my posts.

The funny thing is, is that I agree with you that Burrow is going first. My argument was that it’s not crazy if a team has another QB rated higher than Burrow. At the end of the day, I’m fairly certain that the Bengals are going to take Burrow and all of this back and forth will be moot.

No way I would take an OG at 5. Thats not value, IMO.

If they like Herbert, or Tua for that matter, they have to do it at 5.

The Chargers, and Panthers are picking 6 and 7. There is almost no way you can count on getting the guy if we pass at 5.

I'm not against a LT with the pick, if they don't love the QBs, but once you do that, you are likely dropping to the next level of signal callers.

I’d most certainly take a Quentin Nelson type prospect should he be there. We haven’t had a legit guard since tunsil played LG OT who else? Richie?

The funny thing is, is that I agree with you that Burrow is going first. My argument was that it’s not crazy if a team has another QB rated higher than Burrow. At the end of the day, I’m fairly certain that the Bengals are going to take Burrow and all of this back and forth will be moot.
There's another little point that some may have forgotten. Bengals owner and GM, Mike Brown is 84 years old and doesn't trade high Draft picks. There are 31 other GMs in the NFL who do trade Draft picks but Mike Brown doesn't. This is not a case of hypothetically, what if we offered 2 1sts and a 2nd to move up. The guy simply doesn't trade. He doesn't believe in trading. He's philosophically opposed to trading. If old Mike likes Burrow, then that is the end of the story. He's off to Cincinnati.

Last edited:
our trading partner is there at 3. there are 4 draftable Qbs in the 1st round. one of them will be there at 5. another is likely to be within reach in the teens.

Back
Top Bottom