Stop Believing in Nonsense..... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop Believing in Nonsense.....

Most things on these boards don't NEED to be said, just like your post or my post.

So... :shrug:. Let's both of us let people discuss what they want and leave the forum policing to the mods.

sorry, but you took it the wrong way so no need for your input and attempt to correct me

My point was as far as “I’m” concerned it doesn’t need to be said. Meaning “I” don’t agree that the Bengals would make that dumb mistake
Didn’t think I had to go that far. Everyone can have their opinion on the subject, I don’t care.

The way the board is set sort of reminds me of 2004. Team at 1 and 4 both in the market for QB's. Sort of similar to 1 & 5 this year.

1 SD
2 Oak
3 AZ
4 NYG

The way that year worked out was pretty crazy with a lot of guessing and hoping. This article talks about that day. Not sure we will ever see a trade like this again but what if?

https://www.si.com/nfl/chargers/news/eli-manning-philip-rivers-trade-giants-chargers

I could almost guarantee you that there are teams that have Herbert ranked higher just because of size, 4 years as a starter and upside.
Herbert didn’t improve year to year though do you disagree? For that reason I have to question his motivation to be great

It’s time to stop dreaming about Joe Burrow.

Mid way through the college season I made it known he was going No.1 and there would be only one way to get him.

Too late.

#thatslife

I can’t believe Herbert and Burrow are being talked about in the same circles.

I’m typically not that guy, but this “nonsense that you keep hearing” was discussed in one post on this board, so why not just respond to that post instead of making another?

The Bengals are picking Burrow and if he is cleared medically the Dolphins will select Tua at 5. The Chargers or Raiders will likely take Herbert and that is probably the way the draft should go because Herbert is only the third best QB in the draft.
Trying to make an argument that Herbert is better than Burrow just doesn’t make sense. While he might be taller and have a little better arm, he just doesn’t have the overall football skills Burrow has. If the Dolphins had the first pick in the draft and they selected a Herbert over Burrow or a healthy Tua, I for one would be extremely pissed.

Burrow and Cincinnati just feels like the perfect fit. Local boy, one of the best quarterback seasons ever. Sure, he only put it together for one season. But, man did he put it together! In as sense, even as a four year starter, there are still questions about Herbert.
Burrow played very well in 2018. So it makes no sense to claim that he only put it together for one season. Perhaps the 2018 wasn’t as great as his 2019 but no QB in the history of college football ever played as well as Burrow did this past season. So ignoring how well Burrow played in 2018 and stating that he only played well for one season by comparison is like stating that every QB in college history who didn’t play to Burrow’s level weren’t good in college.

Op clearly doesn't watch college football. Most scouts and gms do. Trust me no one has Herbert above burrow.

Burrow played very well in 2018. So it makes no sense to claim that he only put it together for one season. Perhaps the 2018 wasn’t as great as his 2019 but no QB in the history of college football ever played as well as Burrow did this past season. So ignoring how well Burrow played in 2018 and stating that he only played well for one season by comparison is like stating that every QB in college history who didn’t play to Burrow’s level weren’t good in college.
Fair enough. I hardly remember him from 2018, but this year for him was plain ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom