STOP complaining about giving up 21 points!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STOP complaining about giving up 21 points!!!!

echo_bravo

Practice Squad
Reaction score
For the love of God! What is the big deal about giving up 21 points when you score 49?! That doesnt make sense. Beating an NFL team 49-21 doesnt happen often. Plus, we had it won in the second half anyways. I am not even being a "homer", its the truth man!

they only scored 21 points because we have 49 points. In a close game, they would have been lucky to score 7

I have no doubt that this defense can remain solid against virtually any team in this league. With a huge lead like the offense gave them, can anyone here blame the defense for not exactly trying their hardest to completely shut the Kittens...errrrr...Lions down?

When a team puts together three long drives for touchdowns against our defense, in any game situation, at least some red flags should go up. The conclusion could be drawn that the Lions were able to move the ball easily, as long as they executed properly and didn't shoot themselves in the foot.

Originally posted by echo_bravo
For the love of God! What is the big deal about giving up 21 points when you score 49?! That doesnt make sense. Beating an NFL team 49-21 doesnt happen often. Plus, we had it won in the second half anyways. I am not even being a "homer", its the truth man!

It matters not what the offense is doing. Them being able to score 21 points mean one of two things. The defense just didn't care, and allowed it, or two, they had no way of controlin git.

Either way it pisses me off.

Better talk to Zach Thomas too...pissed him off as well.

I think you all make good points, but...

... what I saw was a defense that on those 3 TD drives lost focus and simply gave up mentally. AND THIS SCARES THE CRAP OUT OF ME.

This is the reason the Jets have 8 games in a row on us. Not because they have had better talent, it's because they are mentally tougher than us. Until this team can put it together for 60 minutes, guys we aren't beating the Jets and we aren't making any noise in the play-offs.

After saying all that I think the Dolphins relaize this and pointed out their mistake yesterday on D. I have faith they will get their mental game together well enough to BEAT UP THE YETS this year, 2 times in fact.

Oliver...

21 Pts given up to the lions is a point of concern. Hakim was unstopable. At one point we had them with 3rd and 20 and they picked up 18. Why ruin your field position for offense just because you can give up 18 yds? The D needs to to step it up.

Well, it IS a concern... BUT Madison was out of the game when a majority of those points were scored. So, was Larry Chester who sat out most of the second half once the game was well in hand... I guess he still needs time to recover from his leg injury.

But honestly.... get over it. The game was COMPLETELY in hand when most of the Lions points were scored, and I think it is understandable that the defense would lose some focus in a situation like this.

What is the difference between 49-21 or 49-7 ... not a whole lot. So, how can you really expect the defense to go out, and try to rip the heads off of the offensive players on the other side, when there is nothing to be gained from it...

After about midway through the 3rd quarter the Lions were ready to go home... and its no fun kicking a man when he is down.

Had this been the Jets... I bet the Dolphins WOULD have been kicking them when they were down though. :)

Re: Re: STOP complaining about giving up 21 points!!!!

Originally posted by Adphinistrator87

It matters not what the offense is doing. Them being able to score 21 points mean one of two things. The defense just didn't care, and allowed it, or two, they had no way of controlin git.

Either way it pisses me off.

Better talk to Zach Thomas too...pissed him off as well.

Exactly right. The fact that we won big is great. It was a great day. Loved the offense. But anyone that is not wearing aqua colored glasses has to be a bit concerned with the play of the D against such a hopeless offense. This wasn't one or two breakdowns, this was a mediocre defensive performance that they need to improve.

They were stopped on almost every drive. They had a ton of drives because we scored very quickly most of the time.

It's a 110 degrees out and we're leading by 5 TD's and you expect the defense to be pumped up? Try rushing the passer and playing pass coverge on every down. It's human nature to lay off when things are going well and that's what the defense did.

Typical Miami fans. We kick Detroits butt all over the field and the negative fans have to find something to complain about. What a joke.

How long until Fiedler gets booed? Some week when we're winning by 3 TD's and he throws a pick?

Don't worry the defense will be ready for Indy next week.

Typical Miami fan...looking at the world through teal colored glasses......You may be right, but even Zach was not happy with that defensive performance and if they do come out and shut down indy next week it will be with this game in the backs of their minds. I, for one, am glad that there is some grumbling even after such a big win....it shows that we aren't satisfied with anything less than perfection....I want that hunger on this team.

Whats with the Fans leaving after the first half? Was it because of the heat. By the fourth quarter the stadium was empty. I dont understand that.

Back
Top Bottom