Stop listening to Media | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop listening to Media

Maybe because most go to really bad teams that aren’t run well.

The good teams that are run well are usually picking around 30.

Its more to due with the fact that most media members think the QB covers all when its never been the case.

The most talented qb in the NFL got embarrassed in the SB.

Agreed. The most complete teams win the Super Bowl, not usually the ones you find at the top of the draft

This makes sense to me. A lot of people think a QB comes in and can turn everything on the offense around. Sure they can be an improvement but if your line sucks, your receivers play poorly and no running game he really cannot accomplish too much.

This makes sense to me. A lot of people think a QB comes in and can turn everything on the offense around. Sure they can be an improvement but if your line sucks, your receivers play poorly and no running game he really cannot accomplish too much.
Yep.

In the Tannehill years.... "if we just had an elite qb, we'd be playoff contenders!" "Aaron Rodgers does it all by himself!"

That’s fair but it doesn’t mean that if you’re picking top two and you think a QB is the best player you don’t draft him because statistically they are unlikely to win a Super Bowl. I think that was the OPs point on how stupid some media analysis is. You draft the best player as you see it.
In reality, the best QBs are typically taken in the top couple of rounds. There are the outliers like Brady, Warner and Montana but they are outliers.

Its more to due with the fact that most media members think the QB covers all when its never been the case.

The most talented qb in the NFL got embarrassed in the SB.

Yeah. I keep hearing KC was without it's starting OTs. Hard to square that with 'elite' QBs can 'carry their team.'

As far as the media - they fall into 2 categories - bloggers and those who write for well known organizations. Neither are right very often. They tend to do what FH does . . . a few facts spiced up with our prejudices, and cooked in a pot of speculation. I'll read the occasional article but take it as opinion, while acknowledging they do have a few facts sprinkled in.

Human nature is we like to find 'a guy' who will transform the team, whether it's QB, RB, WR, . . . doesn't matter. Doesn't work too well with teams that have been bad for a while, can work well for, say, top 15 teams, and noticeably well for top 5 teams. The media, being human, tend to focus on one guy

These are the same morons that have campaigns that RBs don't matter.

Gotta stop letting morons have a voice.

I don’t get the point really. Of course teams are going to be more aggressive with the QB position because without a good one, you are in no man’s land. I am not a fan of Schapp for a multitude of reasons and the statement he makes that these teams would have been better off if they selected offensive lineman instead of the QBs chosen is made in hindsight and absurd because everyone knows, nothing can change the fortunes of a franchise faster than hitting on a QB.

Back
Top Bottom