Stop talking about Surtain | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop talking about Surtain

What I don't get are people posting threads telling others to stop posting on a subject. The option of not clicking on a thread is an option here. This is a forum and I think people have the right to post anything they want as long as it is Dolphin related. However I do not agree with people creating hundreds of the same types of threads that could be posted under a similar subject if they just took the time to look.

:yell:

Now that I got that off my chest.....if Surtain comes back then so be it.

I agree.

the other thing nobody talks about is that if and when Surtain leaves NEXT YEAR, we'll be getting a 3rd round pick as compensation ANYWAY (because of compensatory picks). Isn't is smarter to get another prime year out of Surtain and THEN get the 3rd round pick for him after he leaves?

I wouldn't trade Surtain for anything less than a top 15 1st round pick. Beyond that we're losing value and you don't win by losing value.

We can afford Surtain this year, let's keep him Okay? We need him anyway. We had a top 2 pass defense last year precisely because of guys like Surtain and the trheat they provided. Did you notice that opposing teams rarely threw to Surtain's side. And now we're actually considering LOSING that luxury?!!!! You think New england is afraid of Will Poole? Please.

Not yet but give them time

I'm not bashing Poole either. He's gonna be very good. Surtain though is in a different class. He forces the opposing team to alter their game plan. That in turn, gives us a huge advantage - something we will have to fight against if we give Surtain away for pocket lint (2nd rounder or beyond).

miamirw said:
We had a top 2 pass defense last year precisely because of guys like Surtain and the trheat they provided.

Well, that's one way to put it. Another reason we had a top two pass defense was that we wore people out by letting them run on us at will. So why bother to throw? But I get your point about Pat. Hopefully we'll get a third rounder for him if we lose him after next year. Never know with that ultra-secret formula the NFL uses for passing out those comp picks.

It looks like people are making fun of the way i type..A MAN dont type ,Dont drink out of a straw,and Dont lick a ice cream cone...A F A G can type .drinks out of a straw,and licks a ice cream cone...Sorry im a MAN.

kingfin said:
It looks like people are making fun of the way i type..A MAN dont type ,Dont drink out of a straw,and Dont lick a ice cream cone...A *** can type .drinks out of a straw,and licks a ice cream cone...Sorry im a MAN.

Shouldn't you have a sig with some chick with big ones so you can let everyone know you're not gay? LOL!!!! Any guy who has to talk about what "he" doesn't do, probably licks more than ice cream cones!

:rolleyes:

miamirw said:
I'm not bashing Poole either. He's gonna be very good. Surtain though is in a different class. He forces the opposing team to alter their game plan. That in turn, gives us a huge advantage - something we will have to fight against if we give Surtain away for pocket lint (2nd rounder or beyond).

I couldn't agree more. I think Wanny and Spielman messed up royally last year when they didn't make it a priority to re-sign Pat. He is a player that you can't count out and offenses are very cautious about throwing to his side. But, given the position we are in and unless we can restructure his deal, he's played his last game as a Dolphin.

There is no bigger fan of Pat on this board then me and it is painful to see him go.

kingfin said:
Sutain is going no where.Nobody wants him.He is worth too much money.Nobody is going to help the Maimi Dolphins out.There is a cap in football.Face it we have to wait until nexted year.Surtain is in his contract year.So please put a fork in it.Surtain is not gunna be traded.It is all commen sence.Surtain is going to be a Dolphin this year.

Stop talking about him you just started a whole thread about them.

miamirw said:
I agree.

the other thing nobody talks about is that if and when Surtain leaves NEXT YEAR, we'll be getting a 3rd round pick as compensation ANYWAY (because of compensatory picks). Isn't is smarter to get another prime year out of Surtain and THEN get the 3rd round pick for him after he leaves?

We are NOT guarunteed to get a compensation pick if he leaves. It all depends on how my FA we lose vs. how many FA's we pick up. If we pick up the same or more FA's then we won't get ANYTHING at all for him leaving after this upcoming season.

FinFrenzy said:
i wish surtain is finally realizing his value and will resign a new cap friendlier contract with us.

I would also rather have surtain than a second round pick.

Would you trade a 2nd rounder for surtain right now if he was on another team, hell ya!
I don't think it's necessarily just about Surtain - it's his contract, cap space and getting something for him now rather than nothing for him next offseason. You have to question the value of a 'shut down corner' when the reigning Super Bowl champions have the secondary that they have. The rule changes, the emphasis on systems - they have decreased the relative value of a corner. Seven mill a year for a corner? Wouldn't you rather spend it on: a QB, an RB, a LT, linebackers, a gamechanging WR.

Back
Top Bottom