Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick. | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick.

Precisely what happened with Herbert on Sunday. That decision to throw across field, from an off platform, into triple coverage instead of running for that first down cost them the game. And of course, his college tape was littered with bad decisions.

It didn’t land in a tray of hot dogs, so a lot of his supporters see improvement. You can’t blame ‘em.

I don't see the benefit from rushing Tua. At the same time, I do think we'll see him sooner than expected. If Miami starts 0-4, and the offensive line continues to be competitive, that could be the timing for Tua getting his chance.

It didn’t land in a tray of hot dogs, so a lot of his supporters see improvement. You can’t blame ‘em.
Didnt watch the game but Im guessing there were actually no treys of hot dogs in the stands so that could be a misleading statement...

I hope fitspatrick struggles against the jags....And they put in tua....Fitspatrick probably will not be here next year....Or at best he will be tuas backup...I will take that. Help tua in the sidelines.

You'll do well with that approach.

Rick Mirer, Vince Young, Baker Mayfield, Robert Griffin, Marcus Mariota, Colin Kaepernick, Josh Freeman, Byron Leftwich, Tim Couch, Joey Harrington, Blake Bortles, Tim Tebow, Geno Smith, E.J. Manuel, Christian Ponder, Sam Bradford, etc. were all crowned by a lot of people very early before they all turned to sh^t.

They're already doing it with Justin Herbert and Joe Burrow after 1 game.

Most of the time, 24 games isn't enough to really know how it's going to play out. Much less one game. Bad habits, weak traits & poor leadership skills will always rear their head at some point in a quarterback's career.

The ones with the least critical of bad habits are the ones that end up doing well over the long haul.
Bingo

300 yard Passing games is not the “bar” any longer

Baker mayfield hasnt failed yet. Open your eyes.
True, but his arrow isn't pointing up, like it once was.

He's one of those guys that did a decent job, until DCs had some tape on his weaknesses/tendencies.

Now, I see meh, not horrible, but not carrying a team.

I thought the interesting aspect was that Herbert looked identical to college. Frame. Footwork. Decision making. Everything.

Normally there is at least something that varies upon the early transition. Granted, I didn't watch the entire game but nothing stood out. The announcers properly chastised Herbert for too much heat on the ball on a short throw. Then I turned the game off for good when he missed a read for an easy first down and ended up wasting the possession by throwing deep and incomplete on 4th down. That was first half.

Basically that game was a lot like the Oregon/Auburn season opener last year. Oregon had control but Herbert didn't put up nearly enough points when things were going well, then the offense stalled in the second half allowing the opponent to finish the rally late.

the only reason i think fitz is even playing is out of loyalty from flores, he can pass off the whole "he gives us the best chance to win now" story because of the odd offseason and tua injury, but that story only holds up if youre actually winning...tuas time will be soon but it shouldve already come

fitz has no future here and every pass he takes instead of tua is just a friggin wasted down...we should be getting tua the experience regardless of the results and it will help in the development and evaluation...is he the answer at qb? the more games he plays the more confident you can be in your assessment...then tua could have the experience going into next season when the expectations from the fanbase will increase significantly...he will be adjusted to the speed of the game, have chemistry with teammates, a better handle of the offense and he could hit the ground running...

Back
Top Bottom