Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stop wasting our time with fitzpatrick.

Tua will be in week 5, when we’re 0-4 at that point. Hate to say it, but I feel that’ll be our record..

Sadly Jets will get Trevor Lawrence. He only QB worth taking

Joe W @ Joe_W_Dolphins

Why we shouldn’t play Tua until 2021. We need another round of draft picks and FA to solidify the OL/TE/RB position to protect him from stuff like this as much as possible.

Don’t underestimate how Fitzpatrick makes this OL look better than it is by his quick decisions. Tannehill would have been sacked 15 times by now.

I couldn't agree more the hit that Burrows takes there is bone crunching and why Andrew Luck is out of the league before his time. We need that time for are rookies to develop and another rounds of picks/FA's in 2021 with a normal start to a season with a full camp and pre-season games.

Joe W @ Joe_W_Dolphins

Why we shouldn’t play Tua until 2021. We need another round of draft picks and FA to solidify the OL/TE/RB position to protect him from stuff like this as much as possible.

Don’t underestimate how Fitzpatrick makes this OL look better than it is by his quick decisions. Tannehill would have been sacked 15 times by now.

I couldn't agree more the hit that Burrows takes there is bone crunching and why Andrew Luck is out of the league before his time. We need that time for are rookies to develop and another rounds of picks/FA's in 2021 with a normal start to a season with a full camp and pre-season games.

That was a brutal hit, and yes, after a few like that, some guys end up like a "hand shy" dog.

Allen is going to be a liability for the Bills when it matters most lol

I agree I want to see Tua but this is a right off season and he is the real Beast not Geisiki
Allen look good be 3rd yr qb too me..he is getting better every yr. he look like top10 ten qb.. far as SB. You need complete team but allen good enough make playoff..I would be happy to have him as starter for dolphins.

Last edited:

Joe W @ Joe_W_Dolphins

There’s ol’ Fred Johnson again

Joe W @ Joe_W_Dolphins

Since it's early you can't say for sure one way or the other if this glorious utopia you speak of where the stars align and Tua wont get but the slightest tap now and then will happen...

...what if this hope that the next draft is great and will bring in OLine/TE/RBs doesn't pan out? Sit Tua another year?

....and if rookies don't develop fast enough then what? Still sit him? ....or do you say screw it we've wasted enough time and send him in to get blasted anyway?

Eventually, Tua will play and get blasted. He will either get up or he won't. Its football.

You can wait a year or a week. He will get sacked. He will have defenses adjust to him. He will have obstacles that are unforseen.

Eventually someone (or possibly multiple people) on the OLine will get hurt, leave via FA and whatnot...

Burrow has taken some shots, Luck took shots as well and its very unfortunate that he's out early. However, Luck had a FULL off season and that team had YEARS to correct OLine issues and yet what happened? Did the offseason provide a shield against getting sacked? Should they have sat him forever and a day for the perfectly assembled Colts team that would be impervious to any issues to come? Sure he'd be in the league still as a nice seat warmer because you can't put him in, despite his ability, because you don't have the perfect team.

Are we somehow immune to those same issues and that it'll all be perfect for US? The Dolphins? The team that hasn't had a decent Oline (like this one so far) in how long? If you are waiting for the perfect scenario for fears of Tua getting hurt then you supported this team drafting the wrong QB, because apparently he's too fragile to play NFL Football if he can't take a hit.

The team is rallying around Fitz and he is a gamer.
With the oline still in development the staff is wise to keep Tua on the sideline.
The team may be another draft away from Tua taking over in 2021.

I'm still sticking with my prediction that Tua will start after the bye against the Jets in MetLife. Hopefully, Gase would've signed a 10-year non-voidable contract with the Jets.

Allen look good be 3rd yr qb too me..he is getting better every yr. he look like top10 ten qb.. far as SB. You need complete team but allen good enough make playoff..I would be happy to have him as starter for dolphins.
When it matters most - not playing The horrid Jets and rebuild Dolphins

You would want him as your starter he is big and white

And of course you want QB who shines in the reg season yet fizzles in the POs - shocker there

Back
Top Bottom