STRAIGHT FROM PFT - 'TAYLOR ON THE OUTS?' hope not... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

STRAIGHT FROM PFT - 'TAYLOR ON THE OUTS?' hope not...

shortsqueeze

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
POSTED 7:39 p.m. EDT, April 23, 2005

TAYLOR ON THE OUTS?

The Nicktator did his best to 'splain away the situation when the Fins acquired defensive ends Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday in free agency, after holdover Pro Bowler Jason Taylor questioned whether he still fit in the team's plans.

And although Taylor has said that he accept coach Nick Saban's not-so-unequivocal proclamation that Taylor still has a spot on the team, the decision to draft Iowa defensive end Matt Roth in round two surely will raise some eyebrows in South Florida.

We know the cap hit for trading Taylor would be a big one, but the salary that the Fins wouldn't have to pay would go a long way towards offsetting the bonus acceleration.

Either way, the Nicktator has invited further turmoil by taking Roth, and our guess is that Taylor will be somewhere else when the 2005 season starts.

Don't even listen. Saban said he won't trade J.T.

So what we picked a DE, BIG F'IN deal that doesn't mean J.T. is gone.

Trading JT for anything less than two first-round picks would be utterly absurd...

I could see us trading him next year for two first-round picks (2006 and 2007), and then using our two 2006 picks to move up and get Matt Leinart, but I don't think he's going to be traded this year...

Jaj said:
Don't even listen. Saban said he won't trade J.T.

So what we picked a DE, BIG F'IN deal that doesn't mean J.T. is gone.
to me the only way I'd trade JT is if we can guarantee a top 3 '06 pick. to get LEinart/D'Brickshaw, etc..

Come on...

1. Roth can play in numerious positions.

2. Taylor will be used in a variety of ways.

3. I'm sure Nick wants Taylor gone because we have Vonnie Holliday...

Carter is old, Vonnie is injury prone, and we have a new rookie. Sounds like it's allleading up to Taylors depature.

Media hates Saban... I think he needs to call the FBI to debug the offices again:roflmao:[/endsarcasm]

Damnit I knew as soon as we drafted Roth these threads would resurface.

JT IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!

Besides look at the source, PFT.

SAban never said he didnt want to trade JT Huzienga told him no way and thats why the last rumour got squashed. i would call for nicks head if he does JT dirty!
:note to saban- THis is not NE, you are not NE's coach don't **** our veterans we treat our players good here!

Surtain is gone. end of story. Holliday and Carter will play DT and DE.

JT isnt going anywhere....it just seems that Saban really believes a deep DL is the key to a successful defense (which it is, IMO). All we need now is a young DT to rotate in and we'll be absolutely STACKED on D-line. Plus, I'm sure he wants another skilled pass-rusher to help improve our QB pressure, to help compensate for losing Pat.

finfan54 said:
Surtain is gone. end of story. Holliday and Carter will play DT and DE.
qtkeñkhhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuisiudsdfsa

dvsa

gs
dgs

gssa

g

dgsa
gsag
sdg
dsg
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g

gg
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g

gg
g

g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
gh
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
g
gh
hy
}
f
f
f

f
f
ff
f
f
f

f
f
f
ff
f
f

f
f
ff
f
f
f
f
f

r
r´+

ChambersWI said:
Damnit I knew as soon as we drafted Roth these threads would resurface.

JT IS NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!

Besides look at the source, PFT.

Agreed....some people just will not accept that PFT is a waste of bandwidth.

A&MPhin84 said:
JT isnt going anywhere....it just seems that Saban really believes a deep DL is the key to a successful defense (which it is, IMO). All we need now is a young DT to rotate in and we'll be absolutely STACKED on D-line. Plus, I'm sure he wants another skilled pass-rusher to help improve our QB pressure, to help compensate for losing Pat.
agreed. continual DLine pressure reduces need for paying overpriced 2ndary. just look at NE. Milloy gone, Ty Law gone. 3 rings/4 yrs.

i think coach saban has alot of different formations with jt in mind - i don't know about next year but i think jt is our wildcard on defense this year

Back
Top Bottom