straight up who is better? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

straight up who is better?

nolefin

thank you
Reaction score
who is a better runner ronnie brown or ricky (with his head and heart in the game)?. i am sorry if ricky has his mind right i would have to lean towards ricky. but ronnie is a better over all back catching,blocking.

Why not put Bo Jackson into consideration as well? At this moment in time, he's every bit as much a threat to Brown as Williams is. That doesn't change until Ricky shows up and proves where he's at.

I don't think we will ever see a Running Back again like the Ricky of 2002. He was a demon that year, but when it comes to the present time, Ronnie is the better back just for the fact that he hasn't been away from the game at all and he has great running AND recieving skills. Who knows if Ricky can ever return to his 2002 form. I would just be happy to see the 2003 Ricky again.

How can we even be comparing these two yet. Ronnie hasn't even played a down for us yet and played a full game as a starter.

Then again if Ricky does come back will he be the same kind of runner? Will he be drug free?

I guess this can be kind of comparable since they both are starting new.:roflmao:

Nublar7 said:
I don't think we will ever see a Running Back again like the Ricky of 2003. He was a demon that year, but when it comes to the present time, Ronnie is the better back just for the fact that he hasn't been away from the game at all and he has great running AND recieving skills. Who knows if Ricky can ever return to his 2003 form. I would just be happy to see the 2004 Ricky again.

I think you're a year off, right? By 2003, you mean his awesome 2002 year. By 2004, you mean 2003 when he didn't do as well but still had a very nice year.

It's either that, or you were a big fan of absentee Ricky. ;)

Jimmy James said:
I think you're a year off, right? By 2003, you mean his awesome 2002 year. By 2004, you mean 2003 when he didn't do as well but still had a very nice year.

It's either that, or you were a big fan of absentee Ricky. ;)
:lol: Yeah, your right I am a year off for both. I guess I am still feeling the effects of the MidNight Star Wars hangover.

Nublar7 said:
:lol: Yeah, your right I am a year off for both. I guess I am still feeling the effects of the MidNight Star Wars hangover.

I think it's more likely that you just don't want to admit last year happened. I have to double-check the years I write here for exactly that reason.

marinotoclayton said:
How can we even be comparing these two yet. Ronnie hasn't even played a down for us yet and played a full game as a starter.

Then again if Ricky does come back will he be the same kind of runner? Will he be drug free?

I guess this can be kind of comparable since they both are starting new.:roflmao:
Yep^^^

Ricky, I hate comparing anybody who's never taken a carry in the NFL with anybody. Ronnie has great measurables though and his potential is unlimited. Potential must become production quickly.

Ricky Williams, when healthy and with his head screwed on right, is a top 3 NFL RB. It's impossible to expect that out of Ronnie Brown right now.

Yeah, during/after that 2002 year by Ricky I thought we had our franchise RB for years to come. Some of the runs he had were jaw dropping and he ran with such power and conviction... I'll never forget the stat line of 1853 yards 16 td's and 4.8 ypc with 2 straight 200+ yard games. I remember one run in that game in KC we lost...up the middle, drops the shoulder on a saftey and buckles him to the ground, bounces outside and stiff arms a cb into the air....that guy barely tripped ricky up... Man, that was a great year.

For right now you HAVE to say Ricky. Ronnie hasn't played in an NFL game, so anybody that says Ronnie is better smokes more weed than Ricky does!

Ricky is one of the most dominating backs to ever play in the NFL while Ronnie doesn't even have one carry yet.....the choice is easy....I'd take Ricky anytime.

dean_siu said:
Ricky is one of the most dominating backs to ever play in the NFL while Ronnie doesn't even have one carry yet.....the choice is easy....I'd take Ricky anytime.

You misspelled "was".

Jim Brown was also "one of the most dominating backs to ever play in the NFL". Would you take him over Ronnie Brown, too?

Let's take a different tack, here -- how does anybody get to be a great NFL back if we don't let anybody who hasn't played before have a chance to make an impact?

Back
Top Bottom