Streaks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Streaks

Jssanto

Club Member
Reaction score
We are all thinking about who to draft, who to sign as a FA, etc.
But how do we avoid streaks?
Win 3, lose 3, win 5, lose 5, win 1 lose 1.
Is that as simple as the schedule having us play softer teams then harder teams?
Coaching?
Player leaders?

Is that as simple as the schedule having us play softer teams then harder teams?
Coaching?
Player leaders?
I think it's as simple as not having a QB who can stay on the field.

If it was that simple Marino wouldn’t have missed the playoffs 7 out of 17 years including 4 years during his prime in the 80s. The pats go 11-5 without Brady in 08. The eagles win the superbowl without their starting QB. Coaching along with the 52 other players are more important than 1 guy. See the 49ers this year with their 3rd string QB.

If it was that simple Marino wouldn’t have missed the playoffs 7 out of 17 years including 4 years during his prime in the 80s. The pats go 11-5 without Brady in 08. The eagles win the superbowl without their starting QB. Coaching along with the 52 other players are more important than 1 guy.

And Aaron Rodgers wouldn’t have missed the postseason this year.

Some people just like to bitch and complain w/o having the first damned clue what they’re talking about. It’s par for the course around here.

Also, the 49ers lost several QB‘s during the season yet are in the conference championship.

Maybe having a much better, more consistent defense is the answer. Because it surely hasn’t mattered who is under center for them.

If it was that simple Marino wouldn’t have missed the playoffs 7 out of 17 years including 4 years during his prime in the 80s. The pats go 11-5 without Brady in 08. The eagles win the superbowl without their starting QB. Coaching along with the 52 other players are more important than 1 guy. See the 49ers this year with their 3rd string QB.
Well judging off our win percentage when Tua starts vs doesn't; it adds credence to my statement

Some people just like to bitch and complain w/o having the first damned clue what they’re talking about. It’s par for the course around here.
And some people will defend Tua until their last breath. It's par for the course around here.

were-streaking.gif

Also, the 49ers lost several QB‘s during the season yet are in the conference championship.

Maybe having a much better, more consistent defense is the answer. Because it surely hasn’t mattered who is under center for them.
49ers are also 7th in rushing yards. Defense and running is still valuable even after all these years. Who woulda thought.

How can anyone argue the fact that with a healthy Tua we are probably two games up on Buff and probably beat them twice? Our record with vs without was polar opposite of each other,

Coaching?
Player leaders?
I think it's what It's what I thought it would be at the begining of the season last year, a rookie HC whose fall turned out to be using an unbalanced offense and indecisive decision making between plays. So the streaks were just long shot coincidences.

I think the scheduling was fair and we saw Tua perform well in cold weather games with undo pressure placed on him from play calling, penalties, a regressed D and BU QB's who went 1-5. BTW put me on the record now thinking Grier won't be able to pull off a trifecta with a good DC, BUQB and draft.

Well, I think it's a lot of things. The injury to Tua, as others have mentioned. I think the team wins 11 games if Tua missed two games instead of 5 1/2.

This was McDaniel's first year and there's a learning curve, new system to implement etc.

I was impressed that Miami got off to that 3-0 start and how dynamic the passing game was so early.

SF was the first team to really stop/limit the Dolphins passing attack and I don't think McDaniel did enough to adjust for that.

I think that's the big question moving forward. The Dolphins need more balance on offense and to stop killing themselves with self inflicted mistakes/penalties.

Back
Top Bottom