Street & Smith's Dolphins Analysis | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Street & Smith's Dolphins Analysis

Nublar7

Retired FinHeaven Staff
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Street & Smith released their 2005 Pro Football Preview book today. They were not too kind to us, but here is some of the highlights they give on us(I don't not agree with most of these statements, I am just writing what they have):

1. Predicted to be 4th in AFC EAST.
2. Gives us a grade of 76, which ranks as 25th in the league.
3. They predict Gus Frerotte to win the QB job.
4. States Sammy Morris and Lamar Gordon are nothing more then just average backups.
5. Ronnie Brown is going to be a great back, and they have him as the 2nd best rookie to watch this season behind Carnell.
6. McMichael is one of the best TEs in the game and rival's Gonzalez and Heap.
7. Chambers is a very good player who could breakout this season.
8. They state that Booker is not very good and could lose out to Derrius Thompson. :rolleyes:
9. Other then Jeno James, no real Offensive Lineman.
10. Vernon Carey won't start.
11. Kevin Carter and Vonnie Holliday NOT suited for a 3-4 defense. :rolleyes:
12. Tillman and Jones are downgrade at saftey.
13. Even though Defense is aging, could have still be very good.
14. Welker is an amazing special-teams player.
15. Saban was the right man for the job.

AFC EAST Rankings of note:

Best Reciever: Chris Chambers
Special-teams warrior: Wes Welker
Best Intellect: Jason Taylor

haha...what a joke

thanks for sharing though

byroan said:
:lol: Booker not very good?
I laughed at that also. The second sentence saying he will probably be pushed out of the #2 spot, possibly by Thompson made me almost fall on the floor. :lol:

I think will be a little better than 25th in the league! I think there way off on alot of those comments.

These people know nothing. They have no clue what we are going to do here offensively, defensively. They have no information about player development or slotting. They only report on what they saw last year or what their own opinion is based on previous CRAP!!!.. I have no need for any of thse "Pre-Season" mags.. We will be what we'll be, a team with a new coaching staff, new players at certain positions, ? marks at others, and a new head coach to pull it all together next year and the next few years to come.. but until we get on the field and play, no one has a clue what we do or don't have, who will or will not be a downgrade in Saban's defense, and what receivers will or will not blossom in Linehan's offense.. thanks for the info though Nub.. i'm not shooting the messenger.. just mad as heck at their opinions, and it's not just because i'm being a homer, I just respectfully disagree..

I was reading a preview magazine last week that had pretty much the exact same stuff. Are you sure this came out today Nublar, or do basically all of the mags think the same? Just wondering, want to make sure I'm not going crazy.

jcaponio said:
I was reading a preview magazine last week that had pretty much the exact same stuff. Are you sure this came out today Nublar, or do basically all of the mags think the same? Just wondering, want to make sure I'm not going crazy.
I checked on their website a few weeks ago and it said May 31st. Today is the first day I went looking for it, so I just assumed their website was telling the truth.

http://www.streetandsmiths.com/
The Pro Football Annual arrives on newsstands May 31 and College Football June 14.

1, 2,5, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 I couldnt agree less with. This must have been written by Wanny. :o

fishfan34 said:
These people know nothing. They have no clue what we are going to do here offensively, defensively. They have no information about player development or slotting. They only report on what they saw last year or what their own opinion is based on previous CRAP!!!.. I have no need for any of thse "Pre-Season" mags.. We will be what we'll be, a team with a new coaching staff, new players at certain positions, ? marks at others, and a new head coach to pull it all together next year and the next few years to come.. but until we get on the field and play, no one has a clue what we do or don't have, who will or will not be a downgrade in Saban's defense, and what receivers will or will not blossom in Linehan's offense.. thanks for the info though Nub.. i'm not shooting the messenger.. just mad as heck at their opinions, and it's not just because i'm being a homer, I just respectfully disagree..

No offense, but these people DO know things. That's why they're in the business, putting out magazines and their access to teams and what's happening is alot more than I can say for the majority of us. I'm not going to sit there and say I agree with them, but c'mon - it's possible. Your optimism with the team has nothing to do with anything other than it's your team. It's the homer in your that blatantly wants to disagree.

As you said, nobody really knows what the seasons holds. Surely there are at least some indicators. But, you cannot chastize somebody for their opinion if you fully believe that logic as you have stated.

booker will not lose his position to thompson, and if he did it would only be because of injury and then boston would have to flop also for that to happen.

Back
Top Bottom