Strength of schedule | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strength of schedule

umpalu

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
AFC East have NFC West and AFC West this year. Notice all the AFC East at the top lol. Dolphins may have added tons of talent, but it’s all new with no training camps or possibly preseason it will be hidden until next year.

2020 NFL strength of schedule (toughest to easiest):
1. New England Patriots .537
2. New York Jets .533
3. Miami Dolphins .529
4. San Francisco 49ers .527
T-5. Buffalo Bills .525
T-5. Detroit Lions .525
T-5. Atlanta Falcons .525
T-8. Arizona Cardinals .518
T-8. Houston Texans .518
T-10. Minnesota Vikings .516
T-10. Los Angeles Rams .516
12. Denver Broncos .512
T-13. Chicago Bears .509
T-13. Seattle Seahawks .509
15. Green Bay Packers .504
T-16. Tampa Bay Buccaneers .502
T-16. Indianapolis Colts .502
T-18. Kansas City Chiefs .500
T-18. Carolina Panthers .500
20. Tennessee Titans .498
21. Las Vegas Raiders .496
22. Jacksonville Jaguars .494
23. Los Angeles Chargers .492
24. New Orleans Saints .490
25. Philadelphia Eagles .486
26. New York Giants .482
27. Cincinnati Bengals .477
28. Washington Redskins .465
29. Cleveland Browns .461
30. Dallas Cowboys .459
31. Pittsburgh Steelers .457
32. Baltimore Ravens .438

Pats and Bills had winning records last year and we get the chiefs and niners (6 games right there).. This stat is overrated, it’s not like we play 16 games against teams with winning records.

AFC West and NFC West, huh... Early November meeting at Arizona and December 13th against KC. If Tua plays by then, those two games are gonna be fun.

This is going to be a supremely challenging season for a young teams like ours. I'm not expecting much record wise. I just want to see us improve as the season goes on and play our best football in December.

After finishing fourth place in the AFC East, the Dolphins will face the third-toughest strength of schedule in 2020.

3rd toughest schedule, no normal preseason it will be tough road for Miami in 2020
Sure. But keep in mind that's entirely based upon how those teams performed last year. This year just like every year will be very different for multiple teams. Look at the same SOS after week two and how each team is performing and it'll be totally different. SOS is just a snapshot in time. I know those divisions are no joke but I really don't put anything into the strength of schedule nonsense.

What jumps out at me from the SOS, The Bills have an easier schedule then the Jets and and Dolphins...Even more crazy, check out who has the easiest schedule this year.

How the heck do the Ravens have the easiest schedule in the NFL?
(The gift of playing in the AFC North).

What jumps out at me from the SOS, The Bills have an easier schedule then the Jets and and Dolphins...Even more crazy, check out who has the easiest schedule this year.

Without looking, I assume the NFC north as well?

Easy that’s because the Bills play the Jets and Dolphins twice bringing down their winning percentage and the Dolphins and Jets play the Bills twice bringing theirs up.

The schedule for divisional teams is only different by 2 games. We play each other twice for a total of 6, one AFC and NFC division, in this case both wests, and 2 games vs teams in the other AFC divisions that finished in the same place as us. So we get Cincy and Jacksonville while Buffalo gets Pittsburgh and Tennessee.
The Bills have a harder schedule it’s just the divisional games that make it look otherwise. I can’t believe we’re looking at SOS in July and dropping expectations over it. Some of it won’t even be right as it’s based on last year and every team has the same disadvantages. Our percentage is high because we had 2 playoff teams from the AFC east last year and we get KC and SF. That’s really it.

I'm not being overly paranoid here but I smell some "help". Wouldn't the NFL benefit from having another MVP from the prior season take home the Lombardi......?

I'm not being overly paranoid here but I smell some "help". Wouldn't the NFL benefit from having another MVP from the prior season take home the Lombardi......?
You do realize the schedules are set out years in advance with the divisions from each conference you are playing? The only changes will be next year when they add the 17th game.

Really? The Ravens just have Jackson go nuts and suddenly they happen to get the easiest schedule? I mean come on.
They didn't happen to get anything.
As @NEPA Phin Phan said, the schedules are locked in by set guidelines. There are no "optional" games.

The things that aren't predetermined are dates, bye weeks, and home v away.

Back
Top Bottom