Gofish1331

Starter
Reaction score
USA Today sports weekly lists the strength of schedules as:
Maimi- tied for 3rd
Jets- 8th
Bills- tied for 11th
Pats- 17th.
Can anyone please explain to me how in a league that prides itself on paridy, we get "SCREWED":yell: :fire: again! Last year we endured the hardest schedule in the whole league and we didn't even make the playoffs the year before. Maybe I am missing something but I though fair was fair!?:fire:

That's doesn't bother me this year, I don't think we're going to seriously challenge for the SB so we don't need to jockey for serious playoff positioning. And more importantly I don't want us to be product of an easy schedule (ie the cowboys the year before last) we need to earn everything we get, whether we play difficult teams or Dec games in buf and NE. Line up and play! The only problem I would have would be if we got screwed travel wise ex. east coast/west coast/ east coast in a three week span....

I'm not looking for a silver platter, it just feels like all the stars are lined up against us all the time!!:eek:

Gofish1331 said:
Maimi- tied for 3rd
Jets- 8th
Bills- tied for 11th
Pats- 17th.
Can anyone please explain to me how in a league that prides itself on paridy, we get "SCREWED":yell: :fire: again! Last year we endured the hardest schedule in the whole league and we didn't even make the playoffs the year before. Maybe I am missing something but I though fair was fair!?:fire:

All division teams play pretty similar scheds, the difference is only 2 games. We were 6-10 last year and had the toughest sched going into last year. That's life in the AFC east these days.

Gofish1331 said:
I'm not looking for a silver platter, it just feels like all the stars are lined up against us all the time!!:eek:
I dont think that you guys are getting singled out.

Doesn't matter to me personally. Those strength of schedule things dont mean jack anyway. Would prefer to have dec games in buff and ne.. At least we will see what we are made of.

Did you ever stop to think that the reason ours is tougher is because of the teams we play in our division. We are playin 4 games against the Pats and Jets (both playoff tams from last year). They have games against us who right now aren't considered a top flight team. It's notlike itmeans anything anyway.

our schedule verses pats. the fact that they were what? 14-2 and we were 4-12. if all the rest of the schedule is the same,( its not) between both the pats and fins that alone is a 20 game swing in the win loss percentage.

Spegg said:
Did you ever stop to think that the reason ours is tougher is because of the teams we play in our division. We are playin 4 games against the Pats and Jets (both playoff tams from last year). They have games against us who right now aren't considered a top flight team. It's notlike itmeans anything anyway.

hit the nail on the head. i reckon the schedule should be based on parody instead anyway.... ;)

these rankings are BS, they don't factor in that all of our tough games are at home and our easy games are on the road. (excluding division games ofcourse) Thats part of how they determine schedules. If you wrote down all the teams we face as a list starting with the toughest team at the top: you'd find that almost the entire top half are games played in Dolphins Stadium.

NFC South
Falcons and Panthers come to us ( tougher teams )
We go Tampa and New Orleans( weaker teams ) ( we barely leave FL. )

AFC West
Chiefs and Broncos may not be the 2 better teams of the division, but they very well could be and no one wants to play at Mile High or Arrowhead. (they come to us )
We travel cross country to play some warm weather games at San Diego and Oakland

Other teams
Titans come to Miami
We travel to Cleveland

The schedule is set for 14 of the 16 games up until the year 2009. The 2 games that are not set are based on how the teams did the year before. Since we finished last in the east last year, and we play the afc west this year, we play the last placed teams for the north (Cleveland) and south (Tennessee) this year. The league didn't screw us, it's just the way the schedule falls. When Houston came into to league, the schedule went to a different format, because, for example John Elway and Dan Marino only played against each other 3 times in 16 years, 1985 and twice in 1998. This way every team plays each other at least once every 4 years. Go to the Dolphins site and check out "future schedules" and it will tell you who we play up to 2009.

Gofish1331 said:
Maimi- tied for 3rd
Jets- 8th
Bills- tied for 11th
Pats- 17th.
The schedules are set YEARS in advance... the schedule makers have NO IDEA how to screw us over. The only thing that is not set is WHEN we play each other and the home/away games. We play in a tough conference and are paired up against a tough conference. No one is out to screw us........

MelbournePhin said:
SOS could fluctuate very easily. Teams rise and fall fast.

Exactly. You don't really know how tough your schedule was until after the season is over. Last years monsters turn into this years also rans, and vice versa.

Back
Top Bottom