Votes: 18 85.7%
  • It wouldn't be the same

Votes: 3 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
If football had to deal with another strike would you go back to the game like nothing happend afterwards? Baseball still isn't healed from their last strike and may be heading towards another. Would football have to do something as dramatic as juice the base balls to get their fans back. I for on ewould be pissed if the season got tarnished by a strike, but would be back in full force as soon they decided to kick it off again. would you?

Here's what I'd do

If the NFL were to go on strike, like it did long ago, my plan is simple. I will watch no scab games, buy no NFL merchandise, or do any kind of spending on game tickets, or TV (like NFL ticket on DSS) until the following season.
If they take it in the rear financially for going on strike, we won't see strikes. Keep in mind, I'm only talking about the season the strike is going on......

I certainly wouldn't watch the "replacements," "scabs," "surrogate players," or whatever you want to call them, but I probably would watch again as soon as the pro players were to resume play.

Football is a tough game. I understand that they should be paid a lot for exposing their lives to such violence every day. I mean in any one play you could be dead or paralyzed.

Baseball...ummm...guys, you make millions of dollars to stand there and scratch your balls. I love my D-backs, but screw baseball if those jerks don't think they are making enough.

If the NFL ever went on strike they could make a movie about all the replacement players. WoW, that would be great, I would spend $7.50 at the box office to see that, the NFL should go on strike just to cash in at the box office. J/K

I would still watch after a strike, but that's not saying much. I would still watch the XFL if it came back.

Originally posted by dolfan87
Football is a tough game. I understand that they should be paid a lot for exposing their lives to such violence every day. I mean in any one play you could be dead or paralyzed.

Baseball...ummm...guys, you make millions of dollars to stand there and scratch your balls. I love my D-backs, but screw baseball if those jerks don't think they are making enough.

exactly. Cade McKnown should think about leaning to throw a curve ball since LHP make 2-3 mil a year to get 1 or 2 guys out a game :rolleyes: and he's not cutting it in the NFL

Yes, I would watch. I watch football because I love the game. More so then the players. People that say they wouldn't watch are only fooling themselves. How can you say you watch a game for the players, when the players are different on a ongoing basis? Meaning a team of players is not the same team of players the next year.

So yes, if they brought in replacement players I would still watch the game because it's a game. Just my 2 cents.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
They won't go on strike.

the mighty iceblizzard says we can all rest assured, there will not be a strike. whew....

Good Point

Originally posted by IceStorm
Yes, I would watch. I watch football because I love the game. More so then the players. People that say they wouldn't watch are only fooling themselves. How can you say you watch a game for the players, when the players are different on a ongoing basis? Meaning a team of players is not the same team of players the next year.

So yes, if they brought in replacement players I would still watch the game because it's a game. Just my 2 cents.

Yes, I think you might be right, I'd watch after it was settled, but I doubt i'd pay for the Sunday Ticket...just watch on TV when they are on......

I said that I wouldn`t watch the Phin games during the last strike....Well....I did.....couldn`t help myself. :D

Originally posted by Capt. Dick
I said that I wouldn`t watch the Phin games during the last strike....Well....I did.....couldn`t help myself. :D
I would just stop watching MNF and SNF unless the Fins were on :o

I would still watch too. Football is great. Baseball lost viewers because it is a boring game. Newsflash...baseball is boring. It had been boring for years....it is still boring for some of us. 143 games per season, who wants to watch all of that? They better juice up the balls and the players if they want people to be interested in that sport.

Football is the greatest sport in this country. Over 100,000 fans at some college games. Baseball could only dream of numbers like that.

Back
Top Bottom