Strip sack fumble = bad play call by the Miami coaches | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strip sack fumble = bad play call by the Miami coaches

normaldude

Starter
Reaction score
1) We're leading, 3 minutes left, our running game has been going well, our passing game has been plagued by turnovers, seems like an obvious time to run out the clock.

2) Mario Williams is one of the best in the game. Tyson Clabo is one of the worst in the game.

3) We call a dropback passing play, and leave Tyson Clabo 1-on-1 to stop Mario Williams.

Result: strip sack fumble, turnover, and we lose a game that we should have won.

I can accept calling a passing play. But at least have the RB or TE help out Tyson Clabo. Game on the line, and leaving our weakest player to stop their strongest player, 1-on-1, seems like a big strategic mistake.

It was awful. My jaw literally dropped when I saw the ball fly out of there... Horrible job by coaches and of course Clabo. People want to blame Tannehill for that, but there isn't much a QB can do when Mario Williams slaps the ball out of his hand in under 3 seconds.

Thank you Mario. Two Big sacks at the end of the game. Drive before and the strip sack.

Side note Kyle Williams I know you are a DT but damn show some athleticism and pick that ball up

I don't have a problem with the call. OL actually played well until the last half of the 4th. The issue I have is using misdirection plays sparingly even though they worked and being to predictable at times. The biggest issue I have is how poorly they were prepared and executed after having 2 weeks. Poor effort by Philbin and his staff.

After watching all of these games I am 100 percent behind RT as our starting quarter back. This coaching staff needs to GTO!

And if Miami runs three times, punt and loose the game everybody would be crying we got conservative and should have thrown the ball. Bottom line is the team needs to make more plays and fewer errors.

And if we would've run three times and punted and then lost, people would've said Sherman "wasn't aggressive enough" or "didn't go for the jugular."

It was one of the worst play calls I've ever seen. It was truly a POS play call and I would punch Sherman square in the face if he was in front of me. He cost us the game because he tried to be cute and throw. We can easily take it to the 2 minute warning or force Buffalo to use at least 2 TO's. And we either get a first and a FG or punt and pin them inside the 10. I am so ****ing enraged right now I can't think but that call may have cost us the division and season. Sky is falling, doom and gloom blah blah. We had the game all but won if we just RUN THE ****ING BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And if Miami runs three times, punt and loose the game everybody would be crying we got conservative and should have thrown the ball. Bottom line is the team needs to make more plays and fewer errors.

If we ran it on third and long sure, there's that argument. However, you have to manage the clock there. Run on first and second, pass if it's third and long or run if it's third and short.

Why on earth are you passing in that situation? Run the ball and kill some clock. This lose is on Philbin and Co. They didn't look ready to play for the 1st quarter. How did the coaches not pick up the CB's jumping the routes on film of Buffalo. Also a change at RT should have been made, Clabo just doesn't have it anymore.

Back
Top Bottom