Stroll on June 1...

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Joined
Feb 11, 2002
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampshire, United Kingdom
... anyone got a recent update on the cap space available for stud f/a signings post June 1? After the draft pool was removed I thought we might have about $2m. Is that about right?
:goof:
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by GazPhin
... anyone got a recent update on the cap space available for stud f/a signings post June 1? After the draft pool was removed I thought we might have about $2m. Is that about right?
:goof:
according to http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia
As of May 1, the Dolphins are $3.071 million under the salary cap.
so we have slightly less than 2 Mil, but I expect some 6/1 cuts as well.

Still sounds like a vet. DE is #1 priority, i.e. Burnett or of course, Chris Carter could re-surface
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
GazPhin thought this needed to extract itself from it original thread ;)
 

Dajesus

Starter
Joined
Dec 12, 2001
Messages
4,542
Reaction score
739
Age
42
Location
Albany, NY
Re: Re: Stroll on June 1...

Originally posted by dolphan39
according to http://football.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=mia so we have slightly less than 2 Mil, but I expect some 6/1 cuts as well.

Still sounds like a vet. DE is #1 priority, i.e. Burnett or of course, Chris Carter could re-surface
I may need a math lesson but isnt 3mill under the cap better than 2 mill under the cap?
 

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Joined
Feb 11, 2002
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Re: Re: Re: Stroll on June 1...

Originally posted by Dajesus

I may need a math lesson but isnt 3mill under the cap better than 2 mill under the cap?
To quote Marvin, my avatar, "Here I am, brain the size of a planet and that's all you want to ask me."

Capology is a field that wasn't invented when my software was created!" Does not compute. I think I'd better have a lie down.:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

GazPhin

Brannigan Begin Again
Joined
Feb 11, 2002
Messages
1,166
Reaction score
0
Location
Hampshire, United Kingdom
Good idea 39...

Originally posted by dolphan39
GazPhin thought this needed to extract itself from it original thread ;)
Do we need another thread to debate how we should use the approx $2m cap space?

I have devised a democratic method of deciding on it's use. I voted on it. I spilt my beer on the ballot paper so I had to do a recount, but Florida's used to that. In the end, it was still a 100% vote for me. I could use a couple of $mill. Only I would only do road games. Not sure there's an amount of money to make it acceptable for me to wear "acqua and coral" in public.:lol: :lol: :lol:
 

Capt. Dick

Deep Sea Wanderer
Joined
Feb 23, 2002
Messages
2,383
Reaction score
0
Location
Akron zoo
Re: Good idea 39...

Originally posted by GazPhin


Do we need another thread to debate how we should use the approx $2m cap space?

I have devised a democratic method of deciding on it's use. I voted on it. I spilt my beer on the ballot paper so I had to do a recount, but Florida's used to that. In the end, it was still a 100% vote for me. I could use a couple of $mill. Only I would only do road games. Not sure there's an amount of money to make it acceptable for me to wear "acqua and coral" in public.:lol: :lol: :lol:

What you`re saying is that we can`t count and are color blind. :lol:
 

VanDolPhan

Starter
Joined
Mar 3, 2002
Messages
7,199
Reaction score
0
Age
43
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Originally posted by Capt. Dick
A little over a million was allocated to pay the rooks, I think.
Yes but isn't that already factored into Clayton's numbers considering they are updated for May 1st?
 

TigerJ

Bills fan
Joined
May 7, 2002
Messages
428
Reaction score
0
The rookie cap figures are maximums. Teams can't pay more than that cap figure for their draft choices, but they can pay less. That means, assuming Miami has $3.071 million under the cap, one can't really say they'll have $2.071 million after signing rookies. They could have a little more than that available for additional free agents. Granted, it's not going to be a big difference. I'm just talking technicalities here.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
sounds like enough for a vet DE and maybe another WR
 

fthefish11

Scout Team
Joined
May 7, 2002
Messages
107
Reaction score
0
Location
B-LO
John Fina should be available for you guys. We know how you guys like to stockpile ex-bills
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by fthefish11
John Fina should be available for you guys. We know how you guys like to stockpile ex-bills
actually, we prefer to pack in ex-Bears ;)
 
Top Bottom