Strong/Moderate/Weak (1st Round Grades) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strong/Moderate/Weak (1st Round Grades)

I guess Kirkpatrick says that the Bengals will be running more Zone and/or Cover 2 looks . . . but that then begs the question: Do you need Zone/Cover 2 CB in the top 20? They passed on a shot at DeCastro twice . . . and ended up with Zeitler - when they could have draft Glenn or Konz. I think they should have given S. Hill a look. Green is versatile enough to make that combo work. I also think they should have looked at K. Wright at 17. The Bengals could have drafted Wright and DeCastro. I think that would have made them a much better team than Kirkpatrick and Zeitler.

I like Coples as a 3-4 DE/DT on passing downs. Really, I should probably bump them down to moderate for passing on Perry and Ingram (they need pass rush help), but I can't say he was a weak pick.

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Who is that?

Colt McCoy, unless you meant my sig. That's Alice Goodwin.

Some picks just make too much sense

The Jags just took a punter in the 3rd round

He's going to earn his paycheck there

Drafts I'm really liking:

Colts - Luck, Fleener, Allen, Hilton - Very, very nice.
Eagles - Cox, Kendricks, Curry, Foles - I can forgive Foles for the rest of it.
Ravens - Upshaw, Osemele, Pierce - Very solid.
Jets - Coples, Hill, Davis - Like all the value on all of 'em.
Packers - Perry, Worthy, Hayward - Curious to see how they use Worthy, but like the value on each.

---------- Post added at 10:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 PM ----------

Some picks just make too much sense

The Jags just took a punter in the 3rd round

He's going to earn his paycheck there

The Jaguars are an embarrassment.

I personally LOVE our draft. I am very high on each one of these players. We got two first rounders in Tannehill and Martin. Then a big pass catching TE that can go get the ball for our young QB, and a strong, fairly athletic, homegrown defensive end with TONS of upside still.

I'd give it a B+ and the only thing keeping me from giving it an A is the lack of a wide receiver so far. But if we add a few guys with the likes of Streeter, McNutt, Wylie, Givens, Adams, Toon, Criner and Marvin Jones, this could easily be bumped to an A in my book. The Philbin Era is off to a nice start in my eyes. A lot of hope for the future!

GO PHINS!! And a tip of the cap to Mr. Ireland so far!

straight up gene smith is looking to get fired...he takes that bum andre branch and follows it up with a damn punter...got gabbert at qb...POLISH YOUR RESUME...luckily he's got some damn poor indian guy owner who hasn't a clue about the american game...cause had he come to me with that crap and told me we'll ride with gabbert and then pulled a draft like this i would have been sicking the dogs on his ass on the way out the door...

b/t i heard andre branchs after draft party is at golden corrall here in richmond va...for serious

by the way...how bout the skins taking artie lang in the 3rd round...ha ha ha

straight up gene smith is looking to get fired...he takes that bum andre branch and follows it up with a damn punter...got gabbert at qb...POLISH YOUR RESUME...luckily he's got some damn poor indian guy owner who hasn't a clue about the american game...cause had he come to me with that crap and told me we'll ride with gabbert and then pulled a draft like this i would have been sicking the dogs on his ass on the way out the door...

b/t i heard andre branchs after draft party is at golden corrall here in richmond va...for serious

I was hoping so hard that Branch wouldn't be our pick. So hard.

I personally LOVE our draft. I am very high on each one of these players. We got two first rounders in Tannehill and Martin. Then a big pass catching TE that can go get the ball for our young QB, and a strong, fairly athletic, homegrown defensive end with TONS of upside still.

I'd give it a B+ and the only thing keeping me from giving it an A is the lack of a wide receiver so far. But if we add a few guys with the likes of Streeter, McNutt, Wylie, Givens, Adams, Toon, Criner and Marvin Jones, this could easily be bumped to an A in my book. The Philbin Era is off to a nice start in my eyes. A lot of hope for the future!

GO PHINS!! And a tip of the cap to Mr. Ireland so far!

There are still some nice WR's on the board. But we need to get a couple. Like 4sRS

Back
Top Bottom