Strong opinion sports on Rosen | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Strong opinion sports on Rosen

That's the wonderful thing about a sports board... we can beat this stuff around all day, but in the end... most of this is just subjective. Even if we are right, one injury can derail anyone.

I signed up here at 2003, but have relatively few posts... and this is because of the tendency for so many to just go ugly.

I love the 'phins and have been a fan since I was a kid, but the nastiness here drives me away... and then I have to forget about it for awhile before I come back.

Yes... we have a difference of opinion, but that doesn't mean that I hate you.

That's a leap there my friend. I can't speak for @Feverdream, but that though didn't even cross my mind when reading his post.
If I ignore that part, nothing about those two comparisons make any sense though. Nobody thought Russell should have been drafted #1 and RG3 wasn't even the first QB taken.

So either he's a racist or it was just weird, random comparisons being thrown out there. I was trying to throw it out there to see which one it was, and now I know.

If I ignore that part, nothing about those two comparisons make any sense though. Nobody thought Russell should have been drafted #1 and RG3 wasn't even the first QB taken.

So either he's a racist or it was just weird, random comparisons being thrown out there. I was trying to throw it out there to see which one it was, and now I know.
I've never considered myself naive, but I just assumed those two choices just represented two highly touted draft selections, that ended up as failed QBs, not a comparison based on similar styles.

Admittedly, not the examples I would use, but on the surface, I didn't see racism.

I've never considered myself naive, but I just assumed those two choices just represented two highly touted draft selections, that ended up as failed QBs, not a comparison based on similar styles.

Admittedly, not the examples I would use, but on the surface, I didn't see racism.
Fair enough.

Your going to a NEW low!!

Because he doesn't agree with you and your buddies about Tua your going to call him a racist!!

That is RIDUCULOUS and HORRIBLE!!

We all remember when we were in school and the teacher asked a question and you didn't want to embarrass yourself by not knowing the answer and you avoid making eye contact with the teacher while thinking "oh no. Not me. Don't look at me." :lol:
"We all?" Don't presume to speak for me. I never had that issue.

Your going to a NEW low!!

Because he doesn't agree with you and your buddies about Tua your going to call him a racist!!

That is RIDUCULOUS and HORRIBLE!!
Hmmmmm.....

A lot of that going on these days.

More to the point if discussion, it wasn't the injury alone that "sidetracked" RG3s carreer. He was, for tge most part, a one dimensional player. Once he was forced to stay in the pocket, he wasn't able to adapt quickly enough, and became an afterthought, in terms of having a starting gig.

Do what? Have barely 50% completion %? Score 6 points? Miss easy throws? Still ID the wrong player as the MIKE?

I counted 8 bad passes by him if he improves on that I’ll be happy. How many dropped passes and how much did the running help him? How many bad decisions did he make? You say the team didn’t score a dropped TD and fumble is not his fault. How many other young QB’s have the same level of talent around him? That’s who we should be comparing him next to.

Say what you want but we were competitive in the first half.

I counted 8 bad passes by him if he improves on that I’ll be happy. How many dropped passes and how much did the running help him? How many bad decisions did he make? You say the team didn’t score a dropped TD and fumble is not his fault. How many other young QB’s have the same level of talent around him? That’s who we should be comparing him next to.

Say what you want but we were competitive in the first half.
We were competitive in a half and still losing when Rosen didn't face any pressure. Once the pressure came in the second half, the wheels fell off and we got blown out. The first half is a glimpse of what Rosen would be able to do with a really good pass blocking line. Was it good enough?

We were competitive in a half and still losing when Rosen didn't face any pressure. Once the pressure came in the second half, the wheels fell off and we got blown out. The first half is a glimpse of what Rosen would be able to do with a really good pass blocking line. Was it good enough?

That is the ultimate question, which will depend on how good the rest of the team are. Look at Wentz, Geoff, Young Wilson all had good running games and defences to fall back on I still believe in Rosen. All I want is to see improvement each week somebody mentioned he misread the mike LB but that wasn’t obvious. To me he looked light years ahead of his teammates on some occasions.

7 LONG YEARS.....and counting it seems.

Only 7? It’s been a steady decline since jimmy johnson started destroying the offense. His pig headed, stubborn refusal to change with the times killed us. Then he passed a pretty talented defensive roster to the biggest sack of **** coach in wadsofcox. After ruining the careers of multiple HOF defenders, a HOF talent at RB and several other all pros, it’s been the misery we’ve seen now. Over 15 years of first round picks that were busts or we ruined as an organization

Let go of Tannehill. Rosen is simply a better QB.

Sorry you have rose colored glasses but Tannehill was not good enough to raise the ability of anyone around him. The team was not bad enough all 7 years to where he couldn’t have raised them up, but he doesn’t have it in him. He was not good enough in showing pocket awareness. He is gone. He is a backup to a poor QB and can’t break thru. He had more than enough chances and couldn’t capitalize.

Rosen isn’t any better. Grand total of 6 points? These rosters aren’t that much different

I mean Rosen hasn't really done much positive but he is right about the rest of the team and coaching being terrible.

Only 7? It’s been a steady decline since jimmy johnson started destroying the offense. His pig headed, stubborn refusal to change with the times killed us. Then he passed a pretty talented defensive roster to the biggest sack of **** coach in wadsofcox. After ruining the careers of multiple HOF defenders, a HOF talent at RB and several other all pros, it’s been the misery we’ve seen now. Over 15 years of first round picks that were busts or we ruined as an organization

No the Miami Excuse Machine you seem to be comfortable with. Always something with you people who fall in love with players despite never earning the devotion.

No the Miami Excuse Machine you seem to be comfortable with. Always something with you people who fall in love with players despite never earning the devotion.

I think youre misunderstanding my position. One player isn't turning this team around. I don't care for Rosen. He's AVERAGE. I also don't think our problems are solved by drafting tua.

Back
Top Bottom