‘Stud” Cutler making different type of impression | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

‘Stud” Cutler making different type of impression

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Jay%20Cutler

NBC’s Rodney Harrison conveyed a familiar criticism of Dolphins quarterback Jay Cutler last week when he said, by phone: “We’ve see the way he’s acted in the past and conducted himself where his teammates would say that he’s selfish, that he’s not a leader.”
But Cutler has not left that impression at all on Dolphins teammates.
http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article171450382.html

While I believe Cutler probably reads the defense better, has better pocket presence, and will get the ball out faster than Ryan. It seems they both have a problem fumbling the ball.

Let's see how he does by Week 8. If he walks off the field with his helmet propped up with that dumb/pissed look on his face after a pick six I'm gonna lose my s***!

• Good protection is important for all quarterbacks, but it’s particularly pronounced for Cutler.

Wait till he gets a load of this offense of line under fire.

Last edited:
DKphin:
I'm not a fan of those who try to determine a players attitude by the way he looks, but by how he plays. Does he play hard; does he play smart, does he struggle with adversity or just give up and whine to the press. Many of the prima donnas I've seen, who are often good players, do just that. Those are immature responses and should be taken as such.

I think this was just "talking head" speak, used to help shed them of responsibility for their past stated positions when current performances are at odds with those positions, which I believe are often uninformed and in many cases unjust. I wonder who those previous teammates were who complained. Were they players trying to cast doubt on their QB in order not to look bad themselves. I wonder if they existed at all.

With what I've seen of player coverage by the media, these are real concerns. The worst is when these "talking heads" repeat what another "talking head" has said, just to appear knowledgeable or fill air time or meet a deadline.

Ray R: you are indeed correct than many of these "talking heads" have to fill their air time with something, so why not speculate about someythat hasn't happened yet? If Cutler looks like a second grader lost in the supermarket after a loss, that's fodder for the commentators. If Cutler looks and plays ten feet tall after a win, that's also fodder. Either way, the commentators can't lose.

Our players or coach won't put up with any baby attitudes. Our team seems like they're close on and off the field. Cutler has been a great teammate so far. Maybe, just maybe he hated losing and living in Chicago. Miami is the absolute perfect everything for him. His dream job fell into his lap. I don't think he would disrespect Coach Gase anyways

I confess that when I watched Jay Cutler in the media over many years as a Bronco and as a Bear, I cringed at some of his expressions and comments. However, given the circumstances of coming in after Tannehill at short notice, I think he's been a total professional to date and he appears to have seized the opportunity with both hands.
It also says something for Coach Gase and the respect that Cutler clearly has for him, to have made the transition so seamlessly.

I'm trying my hardest to get excited for cutler. So far, it's nothing but the die hard phin fan in me desperately trying to find the positive. Reads defenses better, better pocket presence....blah blah blah.

2 things i know:
-He's no Ryan Tannehill
- he's aggressive as **** and will at least make it interesting

Bring it!

Back
Top Bottom