Stumbling On The Nhl Goldmine... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stumbling On The Nhl Goldmine...

NBP81

Its what you know for sure... that just aint so...
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I found out recently that the NHL api was public. It was my weekend mission to try and make sense of it and build code to scrape it and put it in decent format. Not sure if anyone's interested but if so, here's the play by play for all games by all teams from the begining of the season up until right now. Its in csv format.

Its all in there, shots, missed shots, hits, faceoffs, giveaways, takeways, blocked shots... Individual players with time stamps and even (x,y) coordinates for every single events... You could litteraly build a game tracker with this stuff...

this dataset has 200 625 rows.

If the thing is to big to open on your prefered software, I can subset it for you, just let me know in this thread.

If there's any interest I'll update it every week....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzshwhy6nhe955m/current_nhl_log.csv?dl=0

Go HURRICANES!!! ill be honest ive been to probably a dozen NFL games, one NHL and about 2-3 AHL or ECHL games (my local charlotte checkers) seeing marino live twice was awesome in 89 and 98..but as far as excitement factor, the hockey games kicked the nfl games ass as far as enjoyment. especially sitting on the ice by the crease with cheerleaders 10 feet behind you, slapping the glass while people were slammed into it. just stepping outside for a pee and smoke (I normally knock both out at the same time when drinking) you'd come back at times and two goals had been scored and 3-5 minutes ran off the clock. NFL seems like you step outside to smoke you miss 3 plays. as far as watching now a days, I randomly do because the wife finds it boring as **** and we're normally laying in bed before the games start so she has the remote. as far as tv goes, ill take my fins, you want me to watch a live game, sheeesh give me good old fashioned chicken dancing at the 50 year old Bojangles coliseum with a lukewarm draft beer and a big ol pretzel

I found out recently that the NHL api was public. It was my weekend mission to try and make sense of it and build code to scrape it and put it in decent format. Not sure if anyone's interested but if so, here's the play by play for all games by all teams from the begining of the season up until right now. Its in csv format.

Its all in there, shots, missed shots, hits, faceoffs, giveaways, takeways, blocked shots... Individual players with time stamps and even (x,y) coordinates for every single events... You could litteraly build a game tracker with this stuff...

this dataset has 200 625 rows.

If the thing is to big to open on your prefered software, I can subset it for you, just let me know in this thread.

If there's any interest I'll update it every week....

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jzshwhy6nhe955m/current_nhl_log.csv?dl=0

I don't watch hockey, but that's impressive man! Good work.

I don't watch hockey, but that's impressive man! Good work.
Thanks! I dont watch alot of hockey either these days but I like working with machine learning and deep learning tools. Sports stats are more enjoyable for me so I was really glad I found that data source. I've been trying to crack the MLB and NFL APIs but they're not public at the moment, I emailed them to get a key and basically, they dont give a **** about me...

Back
Top Bottom