Stupid Question But.......... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Stupid Question But..........

Phins13

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Is there any way the phins back out of the Feely trade?? is it too late? I was ready to give A.J a chance to see him play but.....If the FO brings back Jay for one year than it is a mistake to trade a 2nd rnder and pay decent money for Feely! The ONLY scenario that I could stomach JF coming back was if you made a move on Henson or Rivers. JF was the only Q.B I could think of that would come and play for one year until DH or PR would be ready to take over.........Either this is a STUPID move or Rick S. is MUCH smarter than all of us combined.

Sure we could. But it would not do well for us in the future. We have a gentleman's agreement with the Eagles, Feeley, and his agent. He's already looking at places to live down here.

We could back out. But it would really look bad to the rest of the league.

Muck, do you see what I see, No upgrade at Q.B. Two back-up Q.B's fighting it out to lead us deep into the playoffs? Does anybody have a theory of where we are going with this?

I agree with Mindwarp. Our philosophy has always been to take the pressure off of our QB ever since Marino left. Remember when Trent dilfer won it with Ravens? All he was asked to do is make one or two deep throws a game. The defense and the running game did the rest. If we were to waste our money or draft pick on a fancy QB, we would not be able to fill as many holes on the entire team, If we did we would be asking a new QB to carry the team(as Marino had to do)

Question I have is why is it coming out about the trade already? No one is allowed to discuss players from other teams as far as coming to them...not even in a trade. Did they change that rule?

Eagles gave Miami permission to discuss a deal. Teams can also negotiate trades prior to the start of the League Year, March 3rd, but cannot official consummate the deal until March 3rd

Originally posted by Phins13
Muck, do you see what I see, No upgrade at Q.B. Two back-up Q.B's fighting it out to lead us deep into the playoffs? Does anybody have a theory of where we are going with this?

Rebuilding time:cry: At least that should light a fire under huzinga's butt to get rid of the current regime:fire:

Originally posted by Phins13

Nearly every QB in this league has been a backup at one time or another. With Feeley, we really don't know what we have yet. That's why I can't label him "BACKUP" just yet. The competition may not even be close. And/or Feeley could develop into a very good starter. Who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

My main beef is Fiedler coming back at the same price. Even if he does lose out and agrees to restructure in late August.....that doesn't help us sign an offensive lineman or a receiver in March.

Fielder was ready to walk, until Wanny opened his mouth begging him to stay. I know Speilman has a policy not commenting on unresolved
player personnel matters. I'm just wondering what Speilman is thinking about this whole matter.

Back
Top Bottom