Sturgis has missed 4.5% of his XPs and 12% of his FGs under 30 yards | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Sturgis has missed 4.5% of his XPs and 12% of his FGs under 30 yards

Lots of pressure on the rookie now. I will be nervous when its a big spot for Sturgis. To be fair Carp had me nervous starting last year. I just like the vet in the kicking role. However, it was obvious they wanted Sturgis to win the battle and he earn the position based on his play. See how he does in the regular season.

Huh? Every kicker started as a rookie. What's the difference between him and any other kicker in the history of the league?

i'm a hopkins fan also but i think sturgis will be more consistent in the 40-49 range...now i will off myself for saying i'm a fan of a kicker

i'm a hopkins fan also but i think sturgis will be more consistent in the 40-49 range...now i will off myself for saying i'm a fan of a kicker
didn't Hopkins miss a fg for Barfalo this weekend in there game?

didn't Hopkins miss a fg for Barfalo this weekend in there game?

i don't know...what i do know is that bills fans feel like they won the super bowl cause they beat the colts...ha ha...

the other thing i know is anthony costanzo the left tackle for the colts is a DISASTER...he could unhinge the colts season...god was he bad against buffalo

the only thing i saw that was scary with buffalo was the kick returner goodwin...that kids got SERIOUS wheels...but he'll never be more than a returner...that said you better watch kicking to him cause he's flying...

i don't know...what i do know is that bills fans feel like they won the super bowl cause they beat the colts...ha ha...

the other thing i know is anthony costanzo the left tackle for the colts is a DISASTER...he could unhinge the colts season...god was he bad against buffalo

the only thing i saw that was scary with buffalo was the kick returner goodwin...that kids got SERIOUS wheels...but he'll never be more than a returner...that said you better watch kicking to him cause he's flying...

Good thing the Fins have a kicker now who can kick it through the end zone to negate him.

Good thing the Fins have a kicker now who can kick it through the end zone to negate him.

better kick it all the way thru cause you can kick it 9 yards deep and i guarantee you the bills will give him the green light to come out whenever he wants...no matter where it is...if it's catchable he's got the green light...

i would just squib kick it and make ej manuel go 70 plus yards...i'm sure that's what a lot of teams will do after he burns em a few times...make that rookie qb put long drives together and move the chains...

THAT, fellow DOLFANS, is the KEY!

The difference between ANY FG Kickers in the NFL isn't going to be earth-shattering as to making FGs: they're ALL pros. But a VERY revealing "stat" is how many touchbacks did your K get you? THAT is what separates the great ones from the good ones. There's a BIG difference between even an 80 Yard drive versus a 70 yard drive.

The difference between ANY FG Kickers in the NFL isn't going to be earth-shattering as to making FGs: they're ALL pros. But a VERY revealing "stat" is how many touchbacks did your K get you? THAT is what separates the great ones from the good ones. There's a BIG difference between even an 80 Yard drive versus a 70 yard drive.

And, as it happens, kickoff distance -unlike FG accuracy- is consistent from year to year.

The best thing about him is that he'll kick it in the zone everytime......plus we get to listen to Crazy Train

Ozzy rules!!

Yes agreed which also will hopefully turn into more points for our offense based on filed position changes. This is how Buffalo stayed in some close low scoring games especially against us, with there excellent kicking game (especially when they had the punter Moorman). We now seem to have 2 good kickers from this standpoint.

Sometimes the blocks are a push from the defensive line. Other times it is the kicker hitting a little more of a line drive. You have to sacrifice lift for distance. You have to check the tape to see what really happened before jumping to a conclusion on blame.

Back
Top Bottom